Logos for Holidays. (Kwanzaa)

29texan

How about the Easter Bunny as a mascot logo?

As stated above, not everyone associates Easter with an egg laying rabbit...

I understand, but that logo could also just as easily be a crest for Team England. It doesn't scream Easter at all. And if you wanted to go with the more religious aspect, that's fine, but you should be correct. The logo depicts the crucifixion, which is not what Easter celebrates. Instead, you should depict the resurrection.

Kubiak Designs, Buffalo, NY- Est. 2012

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about the Easter Bunny as a mascot logo?

As stated above, not everyone associates Easter with an egg laying rabbit...

I understand, but that logo could also just as easily be a crest for Team England. It doesn't scream Easter at all. And if you wanted to go with the more religious aspect, that's fine, but you should be correct. The logo depicts the crucifixion, which is not what Easter celebrates. Instead, you should depict the resurrection.

Without a crucifixion, there would be no resurrection.

Besides, I wanted this one to be as simple as possible while still representing all aspects of the days leading to the resurrection. There are 3 points on that shield. As much as it represents the 3 nails, it also represents the 3 days.

(And I'm really not a religious person. Far from it, to be honest. But I'd rather go with the Christian angle than the rabbit angle. Either way, someone will have a problem with it)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

It just sounded like a made up name.

I'm Canadian by the way--this is the first I've ever heard of Juneteenth.

Good ides for something to commemorate.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 4 weeks later...

It just sounded like a made up name.

I'm Canadian by the way--this is the first I've ever heard of Juneteenth.

Good ides for something to commemorate.

Thanks.

Gonna be completely dried up this month. Unless someone knows of some holiday in August...?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

I always figured that Congress would invent a holiday for the sake of a three-day weekend in August. Then again, many people take their vacations in August. And I don't know about other states, but Minnesota's massive State Fair begins in August--if it's when a lot of the fairs start, maybe that's an angle.

Go Canadian:

http://www.statutoryholidays.com/civic-holiday.php

rATMcmK.png

Well Labor Day is in August. Which is a damn ironic holiday because there is so many "laborers" who do not get off.

I'm sure that's next month.

But there really should be a holiday for this month since everyone vacations around this time.

Make one up... like Valentine's Day.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Well Labor Day is in August. Which is a damn ironic holiday because there is so many "laborers" who do not get off.

But there really should be a holiday for this month since everyone vacations around this time.

Ah your right. Brain fart there. Maybe you could just do Labor Day for August and Patriot Day for September?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Ah your right. Brain fart there. Maybe you could just do Labor Day for August and Patriot Day for September?

That could work.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

I guess it isn't as well-known as Pesach/Passover or the High Holy Days. We commemorate the destruction of both temples, as well as a bunch of other really bad stuff. A very sad day, with a few elements taken from our regular mourning traditions, and a large amount of sad poems and writings.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I always figured that Congress would invent a holiday for the sake of a three-day weekend in August. Then again, many people take their vacations in August. And I don't know about other states, but Minnesota's massive State Fair begins in August--if it's when a lot of the fairs start, maybe that's an angle.

Go Canadian:

http://www.statutoryholidays.com/civic-holiday.php

Hard to get a grip on it--but that would work.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived