rvrdgsfn

Well, there has been no decision at McLaren yet. Not even Magnussen is a shoe in, the rumor was he was trying to get Lego on board for sponsorship.

Once again... Here we go...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30336569

Sources say the review is being conducted by ex-Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali, who was hired by VW's Audi brand earlier this year.

Its interest is being piqued by the global marketing success achieved by rivals and new F1 champions Mercedes.

From Eddie Jordan:

"The Volkswagen Audi Group is the second biggest car maker in the world and as such it needs to be in Formula 1. But it will not enter it while the sport remains under the control of Bernie Ecclestone, who VAG boss Ferdinand Piech dislikes on a personal and professional basis. Martin Winterkorn - the chairman of the board of management of Volkswagen - is being groomed as Piech's successor and he has always believed that F1 is a great platform for the group's brands. I am told he privately believes VAG should be a part of F1. If VAG did come to F1, I believe it would be with their own team, with the car designed and made in Germany."

Some reports have linked a potential VAG return with the Austrian Red Bull team - Piech has a close relationship with Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz.

But sources say that VAG turned down an approach from Red Bull some years ago and that if it did enter F1 it would be with its own team based in Germany.

So either Piech or Uncle Bernie goes... Then again, maybe this will finally get the old coot out...

I know it's the Same rumors coming out Germany with VAG wanting to join F1. We have all heard them time and again, usually always comes up during the offseason. With the hate Piech feels toward Eccelestone both professionally and personally, I don't see VAG being in F1. I am hoping this is one way to get Bernie out the door. Maybe if the FIA really wants Volkswagen in F1, maybe Todt will finally say to Bernie thanks but no thanks. But I think if VAG entered a German based team in F1 I think Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari would be worried because of the pedigree Volkswagen can bring to the table. A massive array of designers and engineers at their disposal across many types of manufacturers. Audi and Porsche engines alone would be a definite contender against Mercedes. Look at WEC and DTM. Here's to hope.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So begins the possible end of Ecclestone in charge of F1. Financial Times, Sky and The Times reported suggesting that Ecclestone’s reign over Formula 1 is once again under threat, with CVC (controlling stareholder) looking to appoint a new chairman of the F1 board. A board meeting is being scheduled for early next week to discuss Peter Walsh replacing Nestle chairman Peter Brabeck, who has been Formula 1 board chairman for two years, according to people with knowledge of the situation. CVC chief Donald Mackenzie is thought to be behind the impending change, with Blitz saying he wants “a more professional approach to the running of” the sport. In particular, Mr Mackenzie was worried about Formula 1’s digital, commercial and PR strategy.

This could lead to Ecclestone's CEO's duties and responsibilities marginalized. Which I would love to see happen myself. Like Blatter, Ecclestone is a dinosaur in a leading world sport and needs to disappear due to his archaic views and misguided path for the sport to follow. I would like to see a younger individual take oveer the sport and make it a fabulous spectacle that is deserves to be.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/12/04/new-f1-chairman-being-lined-up-by-cvc/

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hamilton officially being crowned F1 World Champions at the FIA Prize Giving Gala

15768889259_5e0e861f5d_k.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, McLaren will be taking another full week of talks until a decision to be made who will be driving with the Woking-based team, Button or Magnussen, with the most likely announcement of Alonso. I most likely believe a decision will not be made until before Christmas. Dennis is believed to back Magnussen because of his sponsorship money he plans on bringing in (Lego is now stating that F1 does not fit into their branding and will most likely be sponsoring Magnussen http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/12/04/no-lego-deal-for-mclaren/) and the McLaren board is supposedbly backing Button.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/12/05/mclaren-continue-to-stall-on-2015-f1-driver-line-up/

Now, as much as I would love for Uncle Bernie to ride off to the sunset, he'll find a way to still stay in. Bernie has/is/always will be a type of con artist. Despite his archaic beliefs, he still somehow get himself saved, the man has deep pockets. The only way I see him out of F1 is when he kicks the bucket.

Meanwhile this is how they'll determine Alonso's team, courtesy of MiniDrivers :)

o8ctie.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping for an interesting possible new LMP1 entry...

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/lambo-squadra-corse-2014-12-05

"I not only want to participate in Le Mans," Lambo's new motorsport coordinator and chief test driver Giorgio Sanna says, "I want to win." As mission statements go, that's bold. But they're not letting the weight of overambition slow them down.

Squadra Corsa even has its own brand-new facility at Sant'Agata. It's where the team is based and customer cars built. They've even made a big trophy cabinet. But what silverware do they want to fill it with? What's the end game? "Our racing programme and budget currently extends to 2018," Giorgio Sanna says. "F1 is completely out of our mind because VW is not interested. But endurance racing is a very good programme, and we have to look at LMP1. But we have to grow step by step."

A Lamborghini LMP1. Now that's not an uninviting thought, is it? With Lambo's new adoption of hybrid tech, Porsche back monstering down the Mulsanne against the ever-dominant Audi, as well of rumours of Ferrari's return to La Sarthe, there could be something in this.

God, Nissan, Ferrari, now Lamborghini? Where do I sign up?

baltimoreravens.png

God, Nissan, Ferrari, now Lamborghini? Where do I sign up?

Sign me up now! Wow WEC would be amazing with this group of car manufacturers in LMP1.

Even Button has a sense of humor over the delay in naming the driver who will fill the second seat for McLaren-Honda. In limbo Jenson Button has resorted to jokes as McLaren‘s increasingly farcical delay in announcing its 2015 Formula 1 driver lineup drags on, but also admits that the wait feels strange.

“I have a new Japanese phone number,” said the 2009 world champion. “Maybe that’s why I haven’t heard anything.”

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/12/09/button-its-a-strange-situation-but-i-have-to-deal-with-it/

Bumping for an interesting possible new LMP1 entry...

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/lambo-squadra-corse-2014-12-05

"I not only want to participate in Le Mans," Lambo's new motorsport coordinator and chief test driver Giorgio Sanna says, "I want to win." As mission statements go, that's bold. But they're not letting the weight of overambition slow them down.

I think realistically it's unlikely. Lamborghini is a brand owned by VAG. If they come in then three of the manufacturers in LMP1 will be from one company. I don't think that should happen. Different companies have to race like Ferrari, Ford, BMW, and Peugeot. That would make the field in LMP1 it all the more interesting not having half the field being from VAG.

Looks like we have a driver setup for McLaren...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30328327

Jenson Button is to partner Fernando Alonso at McLaren next season.

The team are to announce their driver line-up at a news conference at their factory in Surrey on Thursday.

But BBC Sport has learned they have decided to retain Button after weeks of leaning towards Kevin Magnussen.

Button, the 34-year-old 2009 world champion, will continue into a 16th season and has his wish granted to test himself against the man widely regarded as the best in F1.

baltimoreravens.png

A bit of an odd decision in my opinion given the salary difference between Button and Magnussen.

They must know something about the new Honda engine they are getting otherwise I think they would have been better served investing more cash into car development rather than the driver lineup.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I think McLaren will have plenty of funding for car development with their partnership with Honda. Honda has deep pockets, especially in the Far East with Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing and Honda's home race of Suzuka all hosting F1 races next season and the possibility of Korea as well.

I think McLaren's board went with experience vice saving some cash. And experience they will have with both Alonso and Button. But I think if Button doesn't truly outperform Alonso next season, he will be without a seat for 2016.

Looks like 2015 will be interesting for the DP's in Tudor...

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/the-new-corvette-daytona-prototype-will-eat-you-for-bre-1670497103?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

2aiemuw.jpg

2vkjfde.jpg

2yltjyf.jpg

Daytona Prototypes have long been burdened with awkward proportions and a nose that looks a lot like a shovel. Not anymore. Behold the new 2015 bodywork for the Corvette DPs. It's so mean, it will chew you up and poop you out its rear splitter in a gross wad of people-mulch.

Reigning Tudor United SportsCar Prototype champions Action Express Racing will be the first to test out the new C7-styled bodywork on Monday, which somehow makes the bizarro black plastic grates from the street C7's rear work. All of the sharp angles look so much better when there's a huge wing and a giant splitter around them.

It's everything a race car should be. Nice work, Chevrolet.

Indeed *slow claps*

baltimoreravens.png

What an absolute shame that Marussia is officially gone bust...after checking through the entire lots, there are only a few things remaining. Some parts and components, some team apparel...plus TONS of tools and test of equipment that will be auctioned during the Live Web Auction tomorrow. There is some amazing equipment up for grabs, wish I was home from work as I would bid a a quite a few pieces of tools/test equipment.

What an absolute shame that Marussia is officially gone bust...after checking through the entire lots, there are only a few things remaining. Some parts and components, some team apparel...plus TONS of tools and test of equipment that will be auctioned during the Live Web Auction tomorrow. There is some amazing equipment up for grabs, wish I was home from work as I would bid a a quite a few pieces of tools/test equipment.

Gene Haas was on record stating that his team DID participate in the auction.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/18/ford-gt-successor-detroit-reveal-racing-ganassi/

Anticipation for all of the exciting reveals at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show just a few weeks away is building to a fever pitch, and rumors are mounting that Ford has a big surprise in store in the shape of a future performance halo model.

Insider sources speaking to Autoweek claim the next Ford supercar is definitely going to be revealed at the Detroit show in early January. However, the model is not necessarily the next-generation Ford GT in terms of its name or design aesthetic. Instead, one of these people indicates that the new halo model might drop retro styling altogether.

If the latest reports are to be believed, Ford's high-performance project goes beyond something to just grab headlines and rocket down the street. According to Autoweek, the automaker is also reportedly employing Chip Ganassi Racing to run a two-car racing effort in the Tudor United SportsCar Championship in 2016. That would allegedly include a trip to the 24 Hours of Le Mans to race on the 50th anniversary of the Ford GT40's win in 1966.

HAIL TO THE KING!!!

baltimoreravens.png

So the new F1 era of V6 2.4L turbocharged engines is not popular with Uncle Bernie. So on Thursday at the Strategy Group meeting in Geneva, Bernie Ecclestone proposed to scrap the current V6 turbo rules. The sport is now headed towards an all-new set of regulations for 2016. “The engines are to be louder, more powerful and cheaper,” said Michael Schmidt of Auto Motor und Sport on Friday. “The goal is 1000 horse power and a cost of 10 million euros per team. An expert group must deliver results (on the proposal) by the end of January.”

As well, the each driver will be limited to just 4 engines for the 2015 season as originally intended.The tweak was made because the extra engine would have cost already struggling teams up to an extra €800,000.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/12/19/formula-1-set-for-another-engine-revolution-in-2016/

As well, Bernie has been passing around the holiday cheer to Reuters with a Christmas card he made up revisiting his German bribery trial.

image-791227-galleryV9-xyis.jpg

image-791276-galleryV9-nevp.jpg

All I can say is wow...this piece of scum needs to be leave but unfortunately CVC Capital Partners, major stake holder in Formula One Group, has backed Bernie as continuing as chief executive. As well, appointed Luca di Montezemolo and Paul Walsh to the board.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/12/18/cvc-backs-ecclestone-and-appoints-montezemolo-to-f1-board/

Jean-Eric Vergne named as Ferrari's test driver for the 2015 season.

Oh the merry-go-round of F1...

Outspoken IndyCar, Indianapolis 500 winner and F1 World Champion Jacques Villeneuve has stated the forthcoming debut of Formula 1’s youngest ever race driver Max Verstappen is an insult o the sport at the highest level. Villeneuve believes that the Verstappen does not have the experience to drive in the top motorsport competition in the world only being out of kart racing. " Before you are fighting against the lives of others, you have to learn, and it is not Formula 1’s role to teach”

I have been a fan of Villeneuve, when he drove in IndyCar and in F1, and actually agree with him on this sentiment. Experience is needed to drive the fastest machines in the world and I don't think all the time in the simulator nor test tracks will be enough for the young Belgian.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/12/22/villeneuve-do-red-bull-realise-they-are-putting-a-child-in-formula-1/

Looks like Haas has got a head start...

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/haas-f1-acquires-marussia-factory

Gene Haas has acquired the former Marussia F1 facility in Banbury to use has the European base for his new Grand Prix team. Haas admitted that his organization was interested in acquiring some of the assets of the bankrupt team but the factory was not amongst the lots offered at auction in December.

It is thought that Haas has also acquired the data and designs for the 2015 Marussia.

It also seems that Andretti is expanding his racing with "Godzilla"

http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/111974-andretti-nissan-gt-r-program-gaining-momentum

RACER has confirmed negotiations are in the final stages between Andretti and Nissan, and could be finalized early in the New Year. Provided both parties go forward, it would mark Nissan’s first major U.S. sports car effort since the 1990s, when GTO and GTP programs were run out of Southern California.

For Andretti, a partnership with Nissan would add to the team’s existing position as Honda’s leading entrant in the Verizon IndyCar Series, Volkswagen’s partner/entrant in the Red Bull Global Rallycross championship, and as one of 10 teams competing in the FIA Formula E championship.

Also your new singers for Back Home Again in Indiana.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived