rvrdgsfn

BUMP for the rest....

Infiniti Red Bull

2014-red-bull-rb10-01.jpg

Mercedes Benz

1390894488.jpg

Lewis didn't do so well, his car was the first crash during testing.

Last but not least Haas is still interested in getting in F1... IMO, I hope it happens, we could use some American blood back in Formula 1.

http://grandprix247.com/2014/01/28/haas-still-interested-in-f1-project-despite-ecclestone-doubts/

NASCAR team owner Gene Haas has vowed to fight on for Formula 1, despite Bernie Ecclestone having said that a 2015 team entry for the American foray is “most unlikely”.

Even despite his fortune, his proven record as a NASCAR team co-owner and his state of the art wind tunnel and related businesses, Formula 1 supremo Ecclestone said recently he doubts that 61-year-old Haas is really prepared to spend what it takes at the pinnacle of motor sport.

“Somebody can have 10 billion in the bank but it doesn’t mean they are going to spend it,” Ecclestone was quoted by Formula 1 business journalist Caroline Reid.

Haas confirmed on Monday that Haas Racing Development has already paid the $5000 application fee to the FIA, after the governing body invited interest in the vacant 2015 team slot.

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got one word all the F1 noses this season....UGLY! Especially Caterham, who designed that abomination, a stick figure?

Also, bringing up something from the past weekend's Rolex 24, IMSA botched the finish in GT Daytona. Level 5 Motorsports was given the class victory after IMSA officials ruled the Porsche from Flying Lizard Motorsports had made "avoidable contact" with the Level 5 Ferrari, forcing it on the grass. But Fox's replay showed no contact, and it also appeared that both cars were not damaged, so IMSA corrected the matter several hours later.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems Volvo has released a video of their V8 engine for the 2014 season....

Volvo means business....

For those that follow Global Rallycross as well, check this out....

vw_grc_beetle_front.jpg

Andretti Autosport is adding VW for GRC with Tanner Foust & Scott Speed driving Beetles.

baltimoreravens.png

So it looks like the Williams partnership with Martini is actually happening. Not sure if that rumour has already been confirmed in this thread. All I will say is that I am expecting a very nice paint scheme from them this year. Check out the shirt on the right.

BgNA4QTIgAE6a1R.png

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Now we have all the V8 cars at once for 2014...

20140214_121212_EV013864.jpg

I can't wait for the season to start, I just hope they come back to the US next year, IMO it was a good race.

For those that follow Pirelli World Challenge, K-Pax has ditched Volvo for this....

K-PAX-Racing-McLaren-Main-Art.jpg

I think Cadillac Racing should be worried....

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping for big news in INDYCAR...

1995 Jacques VIlleneuve will return to the Indy 500 with Schmidt Peterson

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/26/jacques-villeneuve-officially-confirmed-by-spm-for-indy-500/

Although it was initially reported Monday, on Wednesday, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports officially confirmed Jacques Villeneuve, 42, as its third driver for this year’s Indianapolis 500.

Cosworth may be coming back to Indycar & F1

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/26/exclusive-cosworth-seeks-return-to-indycar-possible-one-for-f1/

In an exclusive interview with Cosworth Automotive CEO Hal Reisiger, an American who headed Cosworth’s U.S. companies and in the last year has advanced to be the head of the company in the U.K., plans are in the works for a return to at least one of the two championships – potentially both.

Haas is meeting with the FIA to field a team in 2015

http://grandprix247.com/2014/02/24/haas-set-to-meet-fia-bosses-over-2015-formula-1-entry/

Formula 1′s potential next team chief, Californian and NASCAR team co-owner Gene Haas, will this week travel to Europe.

Foreign language reports said that during coverage of the Daytona 500, Fox Sports revealed that Haas is scheduled to meet with representatives of Formula 1′s governing FIA.

Earlier, Haas responded to the FIA’s invitation to fill the vacant Formula 1 team slot in 2015, and reportedly met the full application deadline of February 10.

baltimoreravens.png

V8 is such an hidden gem when it comes to racing. It's up there with World Challenge which is somewhat similar to V8 Supercars. Its the closest we can get to one here. Last year they came to Austin & I wish I could've gone. In my opinion its some of the best racing I've seen in a while. You know its fantastic when the best part of the race its when its not always for first. That's when you know when you have something special.

baltimoreravens.png

That is a thing a beauty, Well done Williams or Williams Martini as they're called now.

2 things I read over today....

Uncle Bernie's off his rocker....

http://racer.com/index.php/f1/item/101640-f1-ecclestone-says-mexico-gp-on-french-gp-possible-so-what-now-for-new-jersey

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that the organizers of New Jersey's Grand Prix of America have made positive steps in the bid to host their inaugural race next year, but has added that its place on the calendar is under pressure as he has also signed a contract for a race in Mexico in 2015 and agreed to host a race in France if sufficient funding is raised.

"New Jersey have just written to me," he said. "Somebody has paid some more money for outstanding bills and they are saying they have got more money coming in. If they do what they have to do, I'm happy."

However, he added: "We have got a contract on the table with France for a race at Magny-Cours. To meet the terms of our contract, the organizers will need money and we will want some kind of guarantee that it's not going to be a one-night stand. It was [originally] going to take place this year, actually."

Ecclestone went on to admit that the grands prix in India and South Korea, which are not taking place this season, may return. He said last year that the devaluation of the rupee had led to the cancellation of the Indian Grand Prix while the organizers of the race in South Korea said that the problem is also down to money.

Said Ecclestone: "I think India will come back. Korea? When they get a new government, then maybe." In addition to this, he has admitted that Azerbaijan is now also a possibility for 2015 or 2016.

There are 19 races on this year's calendar, and with Ecclestone revealing that "Mexico is signed for 2015," that would bring the calendar to 20 were all this year's races retained.

Next... Panic at Red Bull?

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140306/F1/140309897

So it is no surprise Red Bull, having won every title since 2010 and every Grand Prix since last July, is supposedly on the move. But team boss Christian Horner on Thursday played down rumors of a switch to Honda, the incoming works supplier of turbo engines to McLaren next year.

Some think Honda is the logical choice for Red Bull, given the fact F1's existing engine suppliers, Mercedes and Ferrari, are the team's arch rivals.

But Horner insisted, “There's still a huge amount of trust [between Red Bull and Renault].

Also rumored to be eyeing greener grass is world champion Sebastian Vettel, despite Red Bull playing down rumors he recently threw a “hissy fit” when he realized the extent of the team's 2014 problems.

But with Red Bull struggling so much, the Ferrari rumors were never going to be far down the road.

Vettel insists, “I'm not a guy who runs away when it gets difficult. That's the case both in my work and privately.

“Of course there are always those who want to tell you the grass is greener somewhere else, but we shouldn't forget the values of honesty, loyalty, the handshake.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived