NY Islanders Alternate Concept

Brass

Wanted something that could easily connect to their current set, but still be an alternate jersey on its own. The toughest part here was trying to use the colors and template, yet not make the Islanders look like the Edmonton Oilers. It's nothing overly special and pretty conservative, but most of my concepts are. Anyway, here it is.

NYIslandersAlternate.png

C&C welcome.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Eh. The jersey I think is fine. I've just never been a fan of wordmarks on jerseys. Not only wordmarks but cursive lettering. I think the new 'NY' logo they are going to use for the Stadium Series (minus chrome) would look pretty good.

I would go with just the NY/hockey stick Stadium Series logo on the shoulders (ditch the chrome :P ). The Islanders' logo is just a bit to complicated to work in an alternate capacity like that.

Other then that the concept itself is great. I can't explain why but it just feels Long Island-esque. My only other suggestion is on the technical, rather then design, side of things. The "Islanders" script/number is sitting bit to low. If you removed the captain's C you'd have a bit to much space between the collar and script.

I'd like to use the stadium series logo, but not really interested in using gray. I'll try to fiddle around with the colors and slap it on when I get a chance.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

No numbers on the front of hockey jerseys, please, Otherwise it is a very nice jersey with the yokes and the striping, I am also not a big fan of wordmarks on hockey jerseys, maybe you could try to take Long Island out of the logo and place a star on the spot of Uniondale, just like the old Golden State Warriors and California Angels logos did with the contour of the state of California and a star for Oakland and Anaheim. Put that on front of this jersey.

Archived