NBA logos made Soccer crests

jmoe12

Not sure why the Lakers have a crown, a lion, and a fleur-de-lis. Chicago's bull looks awful. Not sure why Charlotte has a lion-looking animal. Miami should have three stars above it, not two. Like others have said, not sure why DC is shaped like a football, and I don't know why it has six stars. The logos of Sacramento-through-Washington are downright terrible and boring.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My guess on the Wizards crest would be that he's started out with the idea of an oval shield, as used by several Italian clubs and seen on his ideas for Brooklyn, Detroit and others, and taken it on a step.

The problem is though that when it gets pointy it starts looking like an American football, and this isn't helped by the stars making it look like there's stitching on there.

There are some decent efforts in there, but quite a few leave me cold I'm afraid.

I like minimalist, but it has to encompass the spirit of the subject. Here he just outright ignores many teamnames for simple graphic choices, as if he had a limited selection of clip art to match up with each team name. A moon with rings for the Rockets? Just trees for timberWOLVES...the Wizards...A lion for the Bobcats?

Certainly decently presented, but needing of revision.

Archived