Real1

This has such a nice sleek style to it. Nice job. On the full body lion, the front paw is too far forward making the lion look like its gingerly walking about. and the whole front leg looks too big. As it is now, the body may be slightly too thin The eyebrow area seems unusual too.

And as others have said, the yellow seems like an after thought added on. But this is really good otherwise.

That really is fantastic. The logos all flow so naturally, and the old english style font is perfect for Detroit. My only complaint is the addition of yellow, but its only a minor complaint! Very good concept. Concepts like this make up for all the "Hey, make my concept for me" threads and ridiculous necrobumping that's been going on here as of late. Youve restored my faith in humanity and the CCSLC.

ScreenShot2014-01-11at122127AM_zps1e88f5

The "Haters Gonna Hate" strut?

I think you did a very good job on the front-facing design and the wordmark. Everything is very well rendered and professional. I just think the main marks are a little too much like cartoon or clip-art for an NFL franchise. A little less sleek, a little more power.

Also, I do not like the yellow gold. I'm also not sure on the shade of blue (you used 3 or 4 different shades across the board). Sometimes it's desaturated; other times its almost purple.

Amazing, amazing, amazing logo sets.

I'd like to see a better presentation of the uniforms. Don't really get them. Gold is a cool addition. That color scheme of navy, gold and silver has worked really well in some Titans concepts I've seen before (same scheme as Predators), and I think it's a pretty sweet look.

I think the yellow is actually a nice touch. The Michigan connection is actually good, not a bad thing. I'm sure a lot of Detriot Lions fans also support Michigan. Of course, Michigan State/Lions fans might be slightly turned off from the obvious connection, however, I think in this concept the fans would "learn to get passed it".

Very well done.

The front-facing logo is the best.

The strutting logo is not great, and not close to being better than the current Lions' logo. Why is the mane blowing back like that if he's strutting?? Is it windy??

The front legs are completely disproportionate in size. The back legs look good, but that front right leg looks like it's about 4 miles longer than the left leg, even with the left shoulder being hidden. The length from the elbow to the paw on the right leg is way off in comparison.

The thickness of the front limb compared to the back paw, and compared to the stomach area looks really off. There's no way a limb is as thick as the stomach/ribcage area in real life. The torso needs to be meatier.

African_Lion_3.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thanks for everyone's feedback!! As for the Lion on all fours I want to make sure people know that I am referencing the old Lions logo which inspired the stance. I appreciate the feedback about the front arm size, and I will look at sizing it down a little. all in all I'm pretty happy with it. It is a stylized lion and some of the features and proportions were adjusted for flow or just artistic discretion. The hair is blowing back to make it more dynamic than just a flat mane, and I think it looks better on the helmet with the blowing mane. Thanks!

472_zps4bc2b673.gif Referenced Lions logo

• 2 weeks later...

Archived