MLS: Gridiron *Updated 7-20-14: Rapids v1.2*

MrAstrodome

• 3 weeks later...

The Revs will be done. I'm on going through the whole league and hopefully do Chivas as well before they get sold and rebranded.

Do one for the proposed Miami team using these colors, Teal, Red, and Black

As for Miami, I can do rough with the those colors and I do plan on doing the defunct teams, Orlando City and throwbacks (Burn, Clash, old Wizards and Rapids).

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the striping for San Jose, but I think the helmet too closely resembles Colorado's. Both are a little boring, but it makes sense for Colorado because it mimics the state flag; the generic Q for San Jose is quite generic. Could you do a secondary logo that would look better on a helmet? If not, I think numbers would work better.

I like Montreal's helmet, but I think the number font is too stretched. I understand that is what you are going for, but if you decrease the length by 10-20% I think it would look better (and still give you the longer bottom halves of the numbers).

award%20sig.png

I really like the striping for San Jose, but I think the helmet too closely resembles Colorado's. Both are a little boring, but it makes sense for Colorado because it mimics the state flag; the generic Q for San Jose is quite generic. Could you do a secondary logo that would look better on a helmet? If not, I think numbers would work better.

I like Montreal's helmet, but I think the number font is too stretched. I understand that is what you are going for, but if you decrease the length by 10-20% I think it would look better (and still give you the longer bottom halves of the numbers).

When I was doing Colorado, the helmet was one of the bigger dilemmas I had. I wasn't sure if the avalanche on the crest would make a good one, nor did I want to use crest after crest after crest for helmets. Some lend themselves easily. Others, not so much. Thankfully, your points help kickstart I think could be a better helmet logo for Colorado.

I like the new Colorado helmet, but I'm not sure how well it works with the team name; it doesn't have anything to do with rapids. I understand that the mountain is somewhat based on their crest, so it can work. It seems as if Colorado uses the Rapids name but don't use it in their branding.

award%20sig.png

Archived