Weird Falcons prototype on eBay

Lights Out

Awesome find. That would have been a very-not-good idea.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Looking at that feels like looking at a terrible counterfeit jersey except for the fact that none of the telltale signs of counterfeits are there. Needless to say, that uniforms looks pretty terrible. Although, that would be a cool sort of thing to own, just because it's such an oddity.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

It's got the right tagging, everything looks legit and checks out... I don't know why I don't buy this. I know there are much weirder things out there, but I feel like this is some kind of screwup, not a prototype.

My thoughts exactly...it's the "SANDERS 21" that throws me off. Why make a prototype using the name and number of a long-gone former player? Or was there another Sanders playing for the Falcons around that time?

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

It's got the right tagging, everything looks legit and checks out... I don't know why I don't buy this. I know there are much weirder things out there, but I feel like this is some kind of screwup, not a prototype.

My thoughts exactly...it's the "SANDERS 21" that throws me off. Why make a prototype using the name and number of a long-gone former player? Or was there another Sanders playing for the Falcons around that time?

The Reebok logo on the jersey also seems off. As far as I know, the background colour in the Reebok logo always matches the surrounding colour. Here, the inside is black, while the surrounding colour is maroon

I don't know why but, I sort of like it.

Me too. I mean it's bad, but could have been turned in to something good with time.

The NFL really NEEDS a maroon team. I'd fully support the Falcons going to maroon and black when they move to their new stadium.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The NFL really NEEDS a maroon team. I'd fully support the Falcons going to maroon and black when they move to their new stadium.

Tampa Bay comes close, but isn't true maroon a bit too dark to pair with black? We wouldn't want an Eagles 2.0, now would we? :P

(For the record, I really like Midnight Green, but I think they screwed up the color balance big-time. The jerseys, especially the green one, should match the helmet - more white and silver, ditch charcoal and only use black as trim.)

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Maroon and silver would be good too. Or gold.

Crap I forgot about Washington. Well they look dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maroon and silver would look great.

Confirmed.

jaxintro.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

For a few years after I graduated, my alma mater of Red Oak High School in Texas wore the falcons logo with maroon and black uniforms.... It looked awful. Atlanta would be wise to stay away.

As for a team named the Red Oak Hawks wearing an F on their helmets in the shape of a falcon, dont get me started...

Archived