dgnmrwrw

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very interesting take on the NHL, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this.

Anaheim - The primary seems to be a jumble of things mashed together somewhat haphazardly. The uniforms are good, though.
Arizona - Awesome.
Atlanta - Also very good.
Bruins - It kind of seems to me that the notches are there just so that you could say you changed something. Personally, I think they clutter up the logo. Other than that, I like the package.
Brooklyn - Another excellent update. My only suggestion is to add a little bit of orange highlight on the B to mimic the anchor.
Buffalo - It's good, but I personally have never really cared for that particular logo.
Calgary - This is a very good modernization, and I completely agree with your use of gradients. My only gripe is that some of the orange highlights start and end abruptly, disrupting the flow of the logo.
Carolina - I like it. The wordmark is especially clever.
Chicago - That's a great update on a classic look.
Colorado - Another excellent set.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Couple things:

1. The slight gradient in the stripes of the Flames home and away is really nice. Who thought gradients could look so classy?

2. Your Blackhawks concept really shows how much the slight hint of green adds to the look. By eliminating it from the primary and secondary logos, the Blackhawks ends up looking a little blah.

That being said, some really great work here.

Very good job. I especially like all the wordmarks. I do like the gradients with the Flames (though I do agree with fillmont). I also really like the addition of the ice blue on the Avalanche. The really dark blue and light blue works better with their red than their current blue.

award%20sig.png

I'm really looking forward to what you'd do for Houston. At the hockey bar in Houston (yes, there's a hockey bar), my friends and I were literally just talking about the possibility of expanding a franchise to Houston (with Seattle being our second guess on who could get one). We had an idea for the name that'd fit perfectly for one of the industries down here. I won't divulge that info just yet, but let's see what you'd come up with.

WOW! Avalanche alternate is amazing!!! Buffalo is a very neat concept maybe consider having the sword come through to "O" on the alt. it almost wipes out the whole letter "L", Calgary looks like a new cleaner and crisper look.

Thanks for the feedback! I completely missed the gradient mistake on the Calgary unis... I'll definitely fix that. Mikaka, I can tell you without giving away too much that the Houston name won't be original; it's definitely historical.

More stuff coming up.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

j6jb88M.png

Tried to emphasis the blue here: colors are dark blue and steel blue, with touches of red. The primary logo is sort of an amalgam of a military patch, a C, and some cannons. No more red pants. Uniforms are pretty straight forward, with a repeating chevron striping pattern. I think that I need to go back and tweak the typeface, because the "R" in the player names is far too similar to the "A".

Secondary logo

Wordmark

MNkgFjT.png

8DNSROd.png

DLHhKFa.png

zgYqhXE.png

The primary logo is pretty much the same as one I posted a long time ago: turning the star into a sheriff's badge. I've merged two colors here--taking the green and black and making a very dark, desaturated green--and added copper. The uniforms are pretty traditional, and the alternate is inspired by the original Dallas Stars uniforms.

Secondary logo

Wordmark

u7JDAvU.png

fm02f6G.png

3GNY8lo.png

OrTb8t9.png

Went with a Motor City theme here. (Once again, I'm not proposing this as a superior look to what the Wings have now, it's more of an exercise, forcing myself to change things that might not really need changing.) So the primary logo is inspired by old early 20th century Detroit hood ornaments, and the wordmark is based on the same era. I added more striping on the home and road uniforms to mimic the number of lines in the primary logo. The Heritage uniform is an adapted throwback.

Wordmark

RQ7lIsI.png

MwfxKIl.png

B6U329z.png

vZQyHXv.png

Again, very similar to an older concept of mine. Took the old circle and turned it into a gear. I've used a darker blue and orange. The home and road uniforms are pretty standard, but I played with the front of the shoulder yoke, using a circular pattern to repeat the stripes found elsewhere. This may not be working very well, so I look forward to your comments. The alternate is, well, orange. And it has weird striping. Enjoy.

Secondary logo

Wordmark

lXlhoTl.png

gfi3KHv.png

jXIr05m.png

XQV03by.png

An updated version of the Panther's current primary logo. I unified the gold and yellow into a color that (hopefully) more closely represents that of a real cougar. The home and road unis are based off of the Panthers' current uniforms, which I think are very close to working well. The alternate uni is navy, with the palm tree logo as the crest.

Secondary logo

Wordmark

AkQqcVm.png

gkKC04v.png

iuNxxKm.png

I find the Blue Jackets be very tricky. Among the many generic themes you see tossed around here often, what you've created for them is pure class. It's a tad bit navy heavy for my tastes but there is very little in the way of counterbalancing that without sacrificing some of its great visual elements.

Pretty much all of your work is well executed but the only one I can't behind is Dallas. They've got such a strong color at their forefront now anything else just seems flat compared to it.

Midway.png

Archived