dgnmrwrw

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DrLZzaD.png

This is an updated version of a much older Nordiques concept logo. The background: I wanted a more "substantiated" look for the Nords, something more solid than the old, very abstract logo. So the word "Nordique" (apparently) translates to "Norseman" or "Viking," explaining the look I went with. Also, the flowing hair paired with the circle form a Q.

Went with the beautiful light blue as the primary color, with touches of dark blue and gray. Uniforms are pretty simple, and I brought back the fleur-de-lis. The alternate is a faux back, with the aforementioned old logo.

Wordmark

SAuXHYa.png

iRQ92iN.png

cHo6VU9.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

R1woHmH.png

I'm still very torn over this one. In my previous effort to limit each team to two colors, this is what I came up with for the Blues. I've always been a fan of their two-toned blue look, but the simple blue and yellow look struck a chord with me. (To me, the Blues have one of the greatest visual brands in sports, so it was a challenge to mess with it.)

The uniforms are particularly iffy to me. I normally don't like inconsistency between the home and road unis, but something about the old Blues set seemed to work to me, so I've essentially reproduced it here. (I have a few other ideas working around, if this simply isn't working.) The alternate jersey features an old custom script I made and the (fantastic) old trumpet logo.

Wordmark

Secondary logo

d64AKDi.png

8gskGTL.png

fsjj4an.png

ppFgKea.png

An updated version of their logos, with updated colors as well: teal, black, and a darker, more "pewter" gray. Hopefully, the whole palette feels a little more "oceany" or "sharky" than their current look. The unis and the custom type use a lot of sharp angles, and the alternate jersey is sort of inspired by a mix of previous uniforms.

Wordmark

Secondary logo

YnxcyCe.png

GNKn1Kt.png

ITVNasL.png

YlxTfjd.png

I went with a different direction here: most concepts I've seen for Seattle have resurrected the "Metropolitans" nickname, but in researching the city's hockey history I was more drawn to the Totems. So I've kept the green but adapted the colors to a more "Supersonics" look, including yellow and touches of orange.

The primary logo is simple (intentionally, since the alternative option was so busy), featuring an S wrapped around a stylized totem. The wordmark follows in similar fashion. The striping pattern is supposed to match those found in northwest Native American motifs (a bit like the Seahawks' pattern). The city name on the pants is set vertically to represent a totem. For the alternate jersey, I updated the current logo of the Junior Totems, and the striping pattern is based on the color pattern in the logo.

Wordmark

Secondary logo

qerlWq4.png

zsewjuh.png

HtGZhko.png

v79WuVI.png

I think this is essentially the same logo set from a previous concept of mine: basically, I've adapted the Lightning's previous logo (NOT the current one), which I think had the best version of the lightning bolt. I've also put the emphasis back on black and white, with blue and silver relegated to secondary (albeit important) roles.

So despite the custom type and updated logos, I tried to go a bit back in time for the uniforms, to what I grew up with and think the Lightning established as a solid, championship set. Black and white are primary, and the "victory stripes" are back. The alternate is blue, with a sublimated lightning bolt behind the TB crest.

Wordmark

Secondary logo

W8yB0nX.png

g8WV41R.png

2R3M0E0.png

WE WANT THE TEMPLATE! Come on guys, join in! WE WANT THE TEMPLATE!

Overlooked this comment, but the template could be available if people really want it. But the way to recreate the stitching would need an explanation (for this or any other template), and perhaps that could be one of your tutorial threads!

Overlooked this comment, but the template could be available if people really want it. But the way to recreate the stitching would need an explanation (for this or any other template), and perhaps that could be one of your tutorial threads!

YES! If you are willing to make it available, that would be awesome. Great work on this series, it really is something!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Awesome work as usual. A few minor critiques, though:

- I feel like you made the Habs' striping less consistent instead of more.

- The shade of yellow you used for the Predators looks very close to orange. I actually thought it was a Flyers concept for a split second before realizing what it really was.

- The Wild concept needs some gold/wheat in it.

- Portland's third just isn't working.

Overall, amazing work so far though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The one thing I'm not too sure on is the horizontal side panel striping. I think it could work maybe for an alternate for a team, but I don't think it would translate to a good home and road set.

Maybe I'm too traditional, but I've never seen that striping done on actual ice, so ...who knows? I think that's one thing that I hate about reviewing concepts that are designs I've never seen before, it's hard to say how they'd look in action.

I've overlooked this one too.

YES!!!! haha.

Great work all around. A few minor quibbles:

- I think the Nordiques would benefit from a shoulder patch of some sort. Maybe FDL on the shoulders and regular hem stripes, then move the FDL hem to the alt?

- I'd go with red in place of black on the Nordiques' alt

- The logo on the black Lightning jersey comes across as a bit dark

I love what you did with Seattle

OMG - latest batch is awesome.

Nordiques...the norseman render is freaking awesome. The "Q" is clever but I feel the horn from the helmet makes it read not as strong.

Blues...love it, I agree they have one of the best identities and packages in sports and while I do think the two-tone blue look suits them just fine, this more stripped down version with the brighter blue and the yellow is gorgeous and I love the third jersey script.

Sharks...love everything about it. The more natural looking shark is fantastic and the uniforms are sharp...I really like that third jersey a lot.

Totems...the Supersonics palette works great. Don't love the home/away jerseys quite as much as some of these other concepts bu the third jersey with the more decorative totem logo is super cool.

Lightning...thank you for brining the Bolts back and giving them their own identity again...the black is critical. This is what they should look like. Not the Maple Leafs.

That logo you did for Houston was sweet! If only it was real. Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle and Hamilton were awesome too. Can you please show us Toronto, Vancouver, Washington and Winnipeg. My Jets logo would be a throwback to the original one used before they moved to Arizona.

But what you did was awesome!

Archived