dgnmrwrw

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice work, looking forward to seeing the uniforms. I especially like the Brooklyn logo, simple yet ornate (almost like a monogram).

I'm excited to see what you have in store for Milwaukee, and which of either Milwaukee or Norfolk gets to keep the Admirals nickname (by all rights, it should be Milwaukee, it's been theirs since 1970, as opposed to 1989 for Hampton Roads/Norfolk).

Speaking as a long-time Admirals fan, I'd like to see a new nickname if Milwaukee were to get an NHL team. Hampton Roads/Norfolk actually has a strong naval history, where Milwaukee has it because that was the brand of refrigerator the Admirals' original owner used to sell. That works for a minor league team, but a top flight hockey club should reflect something about the city and its heritage. The closest naval base to here is in Chicago.

Thanks to all for the feedback.... I'm thinking I'll get everything out there and then go back and adjust things at the end. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll get bogged down with tweaks and changes and never post every team. (Speaking of which... the baseball series is long finished, and I plan on posting it soon as well...)

Also, I'm switching photo hosting sites. Photobucket, which I've used for years, is just too crappy now. So bear with me as I switch things out!

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Wow, great, great start to this series! I love the map and how you divided things up.

The Brooklyn set is just beautiful. The Ducks look pretty nice, but I still cannot get over the fact that they renamed and changed the color scheme. Shame on you Disney! The Boston Bruins' notches in the logo is interesting update.

Also, I'm switching photo hosting sites. Photobucket, which I've used for years, is just too crappy now. So bear with me as I switch things out!

Also, what hosting site are you using now (or plan to)? I've been using imgur in my other threads, but it's still an iffy place to work with and a little complicated.

Wow! How did I miss this one? Every one of your logos so far look absolutely spectacular, can't wait to see the jerseys. My favourite by far is the the one you made for the Thrashers... That is a thing of beauty. Can't wait to see more :)

Wow! How did I miss this one? Every one of your logos so far look absolutely spectacular, can't wait to see the jerseys. My favourite by far is the the one you made for the Thrashers... That is a thing of beauty. Can't wait to see more :)

You're in luck then!!! Try the links under each logo for the jerseys

LOVE this project!!!

Anaheim - This is a great logo. Disagree that the balance of the logo is wrecked by the D. Might suggest putting a bevel around the green circle in the middle, with the webbed D overlapping slightly - that would "push" the D to the front of the logo and emphasize it a little more.

Arizona - Looks good, I would suggest rounding out some of the angles a bit. The angles really remind me of the 1st Coyotes logo, which is not a positive memory in my book.

Atlanta - Eh. Never was a fan of combining blue with those brownish colors or the Thrashers head/beak. That aside, a dark brown or black edge around the whole thing would make it look a little more "solid".

Boston - Like the additions, definitely a nice modernization of a classic.

Brooklyn - It's an interesting idea, skewering the B with the anchor, but perhaps more suited for a baseball team than a hockey team. Not nearly as legible as it maybe should be for a fast-moving hockey sweater. I love the shape of the B, it's a nice way of modernizing the Brooklyn Dodgers classic.

BhCapPE.png

I think this is pretty much identical to a previous Sabres concept logo I showed a few years ago... and we've seen dozens of variations of the whole updated bison-and-swords idea, so nothing special here. Custom typeface and modernized uniforms, with an adapted wordmark logo on a blue alternate sweater. (Forgive the "Vanek"... it's been a while since I finished this one!)

Wordmark

Secondary logo

39SjiP7.png

GqZ3tYY.png

CLqnWHW.png

eG5Pb9m.png

First up: eliminated black, and focused on a darker red and yellow, with touches of burnt orange. Second: Gasp!! Gradients!!! I did use a gradient on the striping, because I think the transition from yellow to red really evokes the image of a flame changing colors and temperature. It also creates an interesting effect where there are essentially two different striping patterns on the same sets of stripes. The alternate uniform is obviously an homage to one of my favorite '90s-tastic uniform sets.

Wordmark

JE2hMPO.png

679AOEw.png

QZ6o77B.png

QszQCrQ.png

A tweaked primary for the 'Canes: eliminated the (forced, imo) hockey puck, and tried to make a more active and proportionally balanced hurricane. For the uniforms, I wanted to give the 'Canes more balance between the red, black, and silver than their current set. I also wanted to include the warning flag stripe, without going overboard and repeating it everywhere throughout the uniform. The alternate uni is a tweaked version of the current one. Very interested in the feedback on this one; I know it's a bit out there.

Wordmark

BNiEmcv.png

Ilja3b8.png

tDUtRPD.png

CXBqmw1.png

Pretty sure this is the same updated Hawks logo I posted a few years back. Not much to talk about with this one; basically, a new custom typeface and a more consistent (red-white-black-white-red) striping pattern on the home and road uniforms. The Heritage uniform is an all-black-and-white fauxback. (Side note: I haven't posted a larger version of the shoulder patch logo because the file apparently got lost over the course of creating, updating, and moving this project over time. It's really just an updated version of the current patch, so no big deal.)

Wordmark

AFyseii.png

L0bbJzp.png

kH4cw97.png

n7Hs6jB.png

Again, this one is similar to an older concept of mine. Eliminated the black and silver, darkened the blue, and added sky ("ice"?) blue. Simplified striping on the uniforms that (hopefully) evoke the mountains, a la the Avalanche's original uniforms. Custom type, and a blue alternate with a repurposed (it appeared in my soon-to-be-resurrected CIBL series) yeti logo.

Wordmark

Secondary logo

JK7d4n8.png

N7P9PaE.png

QmsZajG.png

This whole series has just left me speechless. It is all fantastic. No complaints. I love the updated Blackhawks logo and... that Avs alt logo...Top notch stuff, man. Buffalo, Carolina, Calgary, and all others before them have been great. Keep it up!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

This is an awesome series, great work on all the logos.

The only one that bothers me to this point is the Blackhawks logo update: I can understand wanting to streamline their color palette on the feathers (especially against the home reds), but on the away sweaters, it almost loses something compared to what they currently have. Only a minor gripe, though.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived