Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, I can't really see them going with anything but navy for Seattle. Super Bowl XV proved grey doesn't really work, unless they made it a really dark grey, and the use of green in their identity has been reduced quite a bit since Nike took over. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel it's gonna be pretty bland.

I think that looked great!

SuperBowlXVField.jpg

might have looked great, but look at how close in color the white is to the grey, you can barely tell the difference, it might have been better from a field view, but if you needed to replay a side line catch in that end zone to see if both feet came down inbounds it would have been really difficult.

This isn't the 1970s. Cameras in use today can slow a play down enough. Hell, the human eye can discern 10 million colors.

even with HD cameras, and slow-motion you still have times that you can't tell if some one touched foot in bounds or not, and that is at mid-field where the only two colors are green and white, now imagine that with gray and it gets so much more difficult

Doug Baldwin just tweeted this. Take it for what it is. The Broncos end zone appears to be almost the same as what we've already seen

https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/429386890425692160

BfV9GgXIUAEgJa0.png

Madden is a horrible thing to use to predict something because that game is filled with uniform/logo/anything inaccuracies.

bSLCtu2.png

Its called building a brand... The NFL wants people to remember the Super Bowl and not the host city.

I think the NFL is bent on making the Super Bowl event and the host city mutually-exclusive to each other. In truth, many people can't think of a random Super Bowl without the city hosting it to begin with, hence the symbolism of the unique Super Bowl logos up until XLIV (especially in the late-1990s). Conversely, some American cities can be 1st thought-of as Super Bowl-caliber cities by non-sports people (New Orleans, Miami, Pasadena before the NFL left Los Angeles in 1995) because of the frequency and tradition of playing the NFL's ultimate game in that city.

The whole idea of the NFL "wanting people to remember the game rather than the city hosting" with their logo corporization post-XLIV has done wonders for pocketbooks, and that's about it.

Unfortunately, I can't really see them going with anything but navy for Seattle. Super Bowl XV proved grey doesn't really work, unless they made it a really dark grey, and the use of green in their identity has been reduced quite a bit since Nike took over. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel it's gonna be pretty bland.

I think that looked great!

SuperBowlXVField.jpg

might have looked great, but look at how close in color the white is to the grey, you can barely tell the difference, it might have been better from a field view, but if you needed to replay a side line catch in that end zone to see if both feet came down inbounds it would have been really difficult.

This isn't the 1970s. Cameras in use today can slow a play down enough. Hell, the human eye can discern 10 million colors.

even with HD cameras, and slow-motion you still have times that you can't tell if some one touched foot in bounds or not, and that is at mid-field where the only two colors are green and white, now imagine that with gray and it gets so much more difficult

Also, you have to factor in weather. If the game was played in a dome or anywhere where weather wasn't a big deal, they maybe grey would work. Any snow on the field would make separating the grey endzone and the white sidelines extremely difficult.

A little aside from the endzone talk...I have seen a lot of things about the Super Bowl that still have the old Seahawks logo with the Seahawks blue color. As both a Seahawks fan and a logo nerd, that really irks the $@!# out of me!

Just posting this because I've done it for the previous 2 Super Bowls. May as well keep doing it while the cold n' monotonous logo is still around...

12245636815_ef4c665817_c.jpg'

It's certainly not perfect, but I'd rather have this than what we have now.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

12254261835_bda2b43b41_z.jpg

article-0-1B1BF29D00000578-474_634x743.j

Matt Hasselbeck and John Elway look terrible. They haven't aged well at all.

I thought that was Rick Mirer?? #originalnumber3

The Broncos wordmark in orange, and the Seahawks wordmark in white...just like the team's jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived