Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess they could paint the extra colors on, but it probably wouldn't look right compared to the white (permanent) lines. The other colors wouldn't be as bright or would look faded.

i don't think it would be a problem, normally the end zones don't look faded, so i don't think that those lines would be so bad

The end zones since the double helmet era have been a disaster.

Conference logo - wordmark - NFL shield : the AFC logo is to close to the wordmark due to the stars on the right of the A.

Helmet - wordmark- conference logo : the helmets were tiny, not matching the size of the wordmark or conference logo.

Team logo - wordmark - conference logo (in a light blue banner) : the conference logo in a light blue banner interrupting the teams' end zone colors. Sad.

Team logo - wordmark - conference logo : The height of the conference logo is the same as the last letter in team's wordmark. It should be the same height and with as the team logo, bookending the wordmark. Instead it's the same as the miniature helmet.

Not to mention the hideous blue outlined, small and stretched Pats wordmark vs Green Bay, the need to put Arizona and Seattle in the end zones because casual viewers had no idea who these teams were, and the switch for no known reason to place the home team's end zone on the right.

This year: The orange wordmark is bad enough, but with no white outline it's even worse, and erroneously placing the NFC logo before the Seahawks wordmark is ridiculous. The size of the conference logos looks better now, but we'll see tomorrow.

For a league trying to standardize things logo wise, this is an embarrassment.

sig-1.png

Unfortunately, I can't really see them going with anything but navy for Seattle. Super Bowl XV proved grey doesn't really work, unless they made it a really dark grey, and the use of green in their identity has been reduced quite a bit since Nike took over. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel it's gonna be pretty bland.

I think that looked great!

SuperBowlXVField.jpg

might have looked great, but look at how close in color the white is to the grey, you can barely tell the difference, it might have been better from a field view, but if you needed to replay a side line catch in that end zone to see if both feet came down inbounds it would have been really difficult.

This isn't the 1970s. Cameras in use today can slow a play down enough. Hell, the human eye can discern 10 million colors.

even with HD cameras, and slow-motion you still have times that you can't tell if some one touched foot in bounds or not, and that is at mid-field where the only two colors are green and white, now imagine that with gray and it gets so much more difficult

Also, you have to factor in weather. If the game was played in a dome or anywhere where weather wasn't a big deal, they maybe grey would work. Any snow on the field would make separating the grey endzone and the white sidelines extremely difficult.

You could count on one hand how many calls were missed by in-bounds/out-of-bounds calls. In the whole league. Since this system of replay was instituted.

Further, when was the last time you saw a game where are relevant markings weren't cleared of snow as soon as the offense got any closer than midfield?

Craptastic field, IMO.

The higher orange in the BRONCOS wordmark already looks to be wet/fading (in the far distance pic prev posted). Could be a repeat of the Pitt/GB SB in which the paint looked like it never did dry properly/fully on the field at the Cowboys stadium.

Seattle was expected to be dark blue, so meh, whatever. Orange should be the endzone for the Broncos, jersey color be damned.

More orange doesn't = BAD colors on the field. But IMO, more blue is just boring and bland. Blue helmet, blue helmet, blue pants, blue endzone, blue endzone, BLUE BLUE BLUE. Might be ok it the blue was different shades.

NFL shield at mid-field is wayyyyyyyyy too small.

NFL = FU!!!!!!!!!

Another thing that's bugged me for a long time is the location of the Super Bowl logos. In the 80's and part of the 90's the logos were placed on the 35 yard line. The same yard line as kickoffs. When kickoffs were moved back to the 30 yard line they moved the logos to the 25 yard line, instead of the 30, for no reason. Now almost all college and NFL teams do this.

Craptastic field, IMO.

The higher orange in the BRONCOS wordmark already looks to be wet/fading (in the far distance pic prev posted). Could be a repeat of the Pitt/GB SB in which the paint looked like it never did dry properly/fully on the field at the Cowboys stadium.

Seattle was expected to be dark blue, so meh, whatever. Orange should be the endzone for the Broncos, jersey color be damned.

More orange doesn't = BAD colors on the field. But IMO, more blue is just boring and bland. Blue helmet, blue helmet, blue pants, blue endzone, blue endzone, BLUE BLUE BLUE. Might be ok it the blue was different shades.

NFL shield at mid-field is wayyyyyyyyy too small.

NFL = FU!!!!!!!!!

It's permanent. I suppose they could've painted over it with a bigger shield for this game, but that's part of the turf. They can't take it out without ripping up the field.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

This is a great looking field, except the conference logo does need to be on the same side of the team wordmark for both teams.

The Broncos' wordmark doesn't need a white outline around it. It's clean and legible as is. It would look weird if the Broncos had a white outline, but the Seahawks wordmark remained white.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe out of fear of a blizzard did the logistics crew had to rush the job and put the conference and team logos parallel to each other, respectively. Maybe.

It's weird, and sticks out like a sore thumb; but I guess it can't be helped now. It should still be a really great game regardless.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Another thing that's bugged me for a long time is the location of the Super Bowl logos. In the 80's and part of the 90's the logos were placed on the 35 yard line. The same yard line as kickoffs. When kickoffs were moved back to the 30 yard line they moved the logos to the 25 yard line, instead of the 30, for no reason. Now almost all college and NFL teams do this.

Just put the damn logo at midfield.

bSLCtu2.png

This is bad. It's like serving a steak dinner on a paper plate.

Having had a steak dinner on a paper plate, this is not that bad. it's a template. The corporate identity lacks creative expression but when they start the game, We'll mostly not care again until next January.

Just put the damn logo at midfield.

didn't they for super bowl 36, i thought that was great

018inside.jpg

Archived