Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

SuperBowlMVPs.png

Cool graphic. Especially cool to actually see a Saints jersey in it!

But as a long-time CCSLC member, I'm shocked and appalled (tongue-in-cheek) that no one has mentioned what's off, technically at least, in the graphic. Anyone?

Steve Young's number font.

Desmond Howard's jersey stripes are incorrect. The Packers still had three yellow stripes and two white stripes on their jerseys in 1996-97. They didn't go two yellow-one white until Nike modified them in 1997 (98?).

18955%20-%20SI%20Feb%203%2097%20Desmond%

Good catch! Pretty sure that XXXI was the last official game with those stripes.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the uniforms will change over time, but I think this Super Bowl title has secured the Seahawks current color scheme. Navy, gray and lime are here to stay.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'm sure the uniforms will change over time, but I think this Super Bowl title has secured the Seahawks current color scheme. Navy, gray and lime are here to stay.

Not a bad color scheme, especially with the subdued use of lime green (so far); to me it matches great with the Mariners and in general with the Pacific NW.

As much as I love the new color scheme, I completely miss the 76-01 look as well. It reminds me of Largent and company. Like the Bucs in the orange, the Seahawks had very little success in the blue and green. It's a shame that looks only tend to stay around if there is success associated with them. The Patriots are a prime example of that. Their uniforms are drab but they won 3 Super Bowls in them. Therefore they will be around for a while.

I still can't help but wish the Seahawks had won in their original blue and green or in the dark blue and lighter blue of the 2002-2011 logo era.

I agree. Been my dream since 1976. That logo and colors were the image I fell in love with and cheering as I grew up. Wish at least they would have kept those colors back when the changed in 2002.

I had the same feelings when the Bengals played in their first Super Bowl after the 1981 season, their first in stripes. I had grown up wishing to see the original Bengals uniforms and helmets in a Super Bowl and missed it by one season.

I'd like to apologize for any inaccuracies. As the image says, I used JerseyDatabase.com to collect each jersey. I had to "modify" a few of them to create those that didn't exist. For example I used a Marino to make Jake Scott(VII). Also missing were Randy White(XII), Larry Brown(XXX), Desmond Howard(XXXI), and Dexter Jackson(XXXVII). I did try to fix Steve Young(XXIX) after watching the highlights of that game. I just thought it was an interesting way to look back.

No, no, no...it was a great graphic that I enjoyed looking at. The NOB thing just jumped out at me because I'm old enough to remember watching NFL players with no NOB. I didn't mean to shoot holes in your effort of putting it together. So what if a couple of things were off, it gets the point across and would be awesome to anybody but a board full of eagle-eyed uni geeks. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'd like to apologize for any inaccuracies. As the image says, I used JerseyDatabase.com to collect each jersey. I had to "modify" a few of them to create those that didn't exist. For example I used a Marino to make Jake Scott(VII). Also missing were Randy White(XII), Larry Brown(XXX), Desmond Howard(XXXI), and Dexter Jackson(XXXVII). I did try to fix Steve Young(XXIX) after watching the highlights of that game. I just thought it was an interesting way to look back.

No, no, no...it was a great graphic that I enjoyed looking at. The NOB thing just jumped out at me because I'm old enough to remember watching NFL players with no NOB. I didn't mean to shoot holes in your effort of putting it together. So what if a couple of things were off, it gets the point across and would be awesome to anybody but a board full of eagle-eyed uni geeks. :D

Agreed. I liked the visual reference. It didn't have to be perfect to be fun to look at. I collected Super Bowl programs for a while and one of my favorites had a drawing of all the winning teams' helmets in the order they won them.

Archived