BrassBash 3

Brass

Well, we have had 3 quick BrassBash's and after this, BrassBash will take a little hiatus, but for now. Here comes:

BRASSBASH 3

In this contest, you task is simple but demanding. Here's the challenge:

(A/P) Today, the National Hockey League has decided that they want to go urban. Since all other jerseys appeal to the Urban audience, the NHL wants to as well. Apparently though, there throwback idea in 2003/04 didn't work so well, so every team is deciding to get an "urban-style" jersey that will appeal to the auidence.

So you can use any team you want to design an urban-style jersey. Some ideas could be make it look like a throwback? Add colors that are popular with the urban auidence. The voting will be the same as in the 1st BrassBash in brackets. You also CANNOT use anything associated with drug, alchohol, sex, or violence. Just make a jersey that a team might actaully use.

Voting closes on Saturday, July 3rd at 5:00 EST.

Good luck to all!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm IN...

I hope we don't have to CALL our picks in advance?

Can we just "save a spot" or do we have to submit to get our spot?

I'm still not sure what Team I want to make, most likely the Maple Leafs since, although a classic uniform, needs some excitement injected...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

So basically, I'm trying to make a hockey jersey that I would wear, since apparently I'm that urban audience that they're trying to reach... I'll guess I'll do it, sounds like fun ^_^

So basically, I'm trying to make a hockey jersey that I would wear, since apparently I'm that urban audience that they're trying to reach... I'll guess I'll do it, sounds like fun ^_^

Maybe we should hook-up on IM, since I am NOT that Urban audience... I like to think I am , but tapping my foot on Black-Eyed-Peas barely qualifies me... :D

I'll do a little research, and if I'm in needs of "coaching" I'll call on you...

@Frenchie_TO

I'll kick it off... With a throwback/rewind/fast forward concept of the Atlanta Thrashers...

I figure that {at least in Atlanta} when the "urban audience" wears jerseys, they want to rep {represent} their city, and most of the NHL doesn't have what most other sports have, and that's a big ol' letter to tell you where they're from... So I brought back the Atlanta Flame's "A" and recolored it so that it would fit the Atlanta Thrashers' True Blue Campaign... And as made obvious by the NBA, double shades of blue are currently in with the "urban audience". But it's striping style is that of the past, but the uniform style is that of the present, and since Ilya Kowalchuk is becoming a household name down here, I decided to put his first name on there... That came from the fact that when the "urban audience" personalizes a jersey, they want their first name {or nickname} on the back... Now all you need is Lil Jon or some other rapper or singer from the A-Town to wear it in their video with a fitted cap and they'd be famous :P

But enough talkin, here they are, and as an extra, I added a fitted pinwheel cap because with the "urban audience", you gotta have the fitted or it won't look complete :P

ThrashersConceptWhiteJPEG.jpg

ThrashersConceptJPEG2.jpg

ThrashersFitted2JPEG.jpg

But enough talkin, here they are, and as an extra, I added a fitted pinwheel cap because with the "urban audience", you gotta have the fitted or it won't look complete :P

[ThrashersFittedJPEG.jpg

Well, if the Trucker Hat is a descriptor of Urban Culture, I'm in... Look at my Avatar there

<<--------

@Frenchie_TO

Frenchie, can't save a spot. To be in the contest, you must have a concept.

I'm glad to see that...

I don't really like the "calling Toronto" thing...

Did you say how many entries?

16? maybe even 32 if it really takes off?

I'm sure a few guys would be able to throw in some "fillers" if we were stuck with odd numbers?

You said voting closes Saturday?

Did you mean posting stops / Voting Starts?

@Frenchie_TO

I mean that this contest will stop taking entries on Saturday. If we get 16 submissions before then, we will stop it early.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This one's off the heezy fo'sheezy...

Toronto Maple Leafs Urban

tml_urban.gif

Darkened the blue to Navy, added Baby Blue. The script is the same that G-Unit (the group with 50 Cent) uses in it's apparell. I like the concept, but as a White Jewish Canadian, I have no idea how good it is in the urban scene.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

This one's off the heezy fo'sheezy...

Toronto Maple Leafs Urban

tml_urban.gif

Darkened the blue to Navy, added Baby Blue. The script is the same that G-Unit (the group with 50 Cent) uses in it's apparell. I like the concept, but as a White Jewish Canadian, I have no idea how good it is in the urban scene.

I hope you don't mind if I also try a Leafs'?

As a white French-Canadian, I may not be far from you in my cluelessness...

@Frenchie_TO

Okay, this is kind of a spur of the moment idea I had so I threw it together real quick without thinking about it too much and trying to overdo it... So, I give you the Jersey Devilz.

The Bar has been raised...

@Frenchie_TO

Archived