BrassBash 3

Brass

Not to single anyone out, but as someone who actually came up in the inner city, I can't imagine someone being able to walk down the street in most of these jerseys without being cracked on by everybody.

Not to mention the patronizing nature of this whole contest, but I've said my peice.

I'm out.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to single anyone out, but as someone who actually came up in the inner city, I can't imagine someone being able to walk down the street in most of these jerseys without being cracked on by everybody.

Not to mention the patronizing nature of this whole contest, but I've said my peice.

I'm out.

yeah cause black people dont play hockey :D

yeah cause black people dont play hockey :D

brashear.jpg

ZING!

Even though I'd prefer Jarome Iginla...

Besides, hockey jerseys were THE thing 10 years ago. Not as popular now, but I still see them around.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Iginla doesn't count b/c he's a mulatto (half white and half black). ^_^

That's the lamest thing I've ever heard...

We're all half something, (half italian, half Polish...)

His dad IS African, not even Afro-AMERICAN/Canadian...

How about Kevin Weekes then?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

10 to 1 Aussie won't know who the Bad One is...

Give me 10yrs...i'll work it out

Got it - the guy that wears No. 24 for Chicago Blackhawks????

No sweat, there's still some North-American kids who won't remember Probert

( Hockey DB'S Profile)

Unlike some of today's NHL tough guys on the ice who are nice off teh ice (Tie Domi) Probert's been bad all around...

Unfortunately in today's pro sport, teh NBA has the monopoly on Off-Court behaviour.

@Frenchie_TO

Besides, hockey jerseys were THE thing 10 years ago. Not as popular now, but I still see them around.

You mean when everybody was wearing teh Kings' Black Jersey?

@Frenchie_TO

Dude, chill. I'm talking by definition of a "black hockey player" that has two black parents (regardless of what country they may come from). I was saying that I didn't use Iginla in the picture b/c he has a white mother and a black father (African, Afro-Amer., whatever). :wacko:

Dude, chill. I'm talking by definition of a "black hockey player" that has two black parents (regardless of what country they may come from). I was saying that I didn't use Iginla in the picture b/c he has a white mother and a black father (African, Afro-Amer., whatever). :wacko:

I got it...

I just thought the fact that he was first generation may compensate for his mom...

BTW, have you seen her? She's quite "WT"... I'm sure you can figure out the WT...

Let me know if you know a PC term for it...

@Frenchie_TO

I was reading an article on Jarome, and it seems his parents are rather opposite in many ways. His dad's black, his mom's white, he's a Christian, she's a Buddhist, he's lean and athletic, she's not... just goes to show you that greatness can come from the most unusual combinations.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I was reading an article on Jarome, and it seems his parents are rather opposite in many ways. His dad's black, his mom's white, he's a Christian, she's a Buddhist, he's lean and athletic, she's not... just goes to show you that greatness can come from the most unusual combinations.

Not only a Christina, but a minister, I believe...

Also recall Jarome stating some strong "spiritual connections"...

@Frenchie_TO

alright, let's get off the race thing. personally i just acknowledge taht the issue exists and try to go on living.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

alright, let's get off the race thing. personally i just acknowledge taht the issue exists and try to go on living.

Agreed,

We all acknowledge that different sports/hobbies appeal to different socio-demographics, race being one (but far from the only one) DISCRIMINATOR...

@Frenchie_TO

You mean when everybody was wearing teh Kings' Black Jersey?

Yea... I remember the Kings being one of the biggest ones, but there were others.

Snoop's rockin' a couple in the Gin n Juice video.

snappers_sig.gif

I remember once upon a time when this was a contest thread and guys were posting theor "urban" hockey jersey concepts here.C'mon guys!!We only need a few more se we can open up bracket play.

98Falcons.png

Archived