2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

rvrdgsfn

So back to the whole Edwards situation...

This is pure speculation here, but what if Edwards takes over the 18 car while Kyle drives the 4th car, being the #54 Monster Energy machine? The only other thing I can think of is Edwards driving the 54 for Gibbs, which sounds much more likely now that I think about it.

IMO,in 2015 Cousin Carl will probably drive for the 33 car of RCR or the 12 of Penske. IDK where he will go. It sounds better with Carl going to Penske because Carl drives a Ford for Roush but IMO he will be as good as he did with Jack Roush. But will Fastenal be his sponsor in 2015. Yes. It will look weird driving a 12 car. What will it look like?

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So back to the whole Edwards situation...

This is pure speculation here, but what if Edwards takes over the 18 car while Kyle drives the 4th car, being the #54 Monster Energy machine? The only other thing I can think of is Edwards driving the 54 for Gibbs, which sounds much more likely now that I think about it.

IMO,in 2015 Cousin Carl will probably drive for the 33 car of RCR or the 12 of Penske. IDK where he will go. It sounds better with Carl going to Penske because Carl drives a Ford for Roush but IMO he will be as good as he did with Jack Roush. But will Fastenal be his sponsor in 2015. Yes. It will look weird driving a 12 car. What will it look like?
Fasten all already said they are going to Ricky stenhouse.

Well, wherever Cousin Carl is going, it won't be in a Ford, so we can rule Penske out. This came out after Roush's announcement...

Jamie Allison, director, Ford Racing - "Carl Edwards has been a part of the Ford family for a decade, and it will certainly be tough to see him leave Ford and Roush Fenway Racing. During Carl's time with Roush, he has represented Ford Motor Company with the utmost class, both on and off the track. We at Ford Racing did everything to facilitate keeping Carl a part of the Ford Racing & Roush Fenway family, but in the end that option did not come to fruition. While we are disappointed in his decision to leave Roush Fenway Racing, we certainly want to extend our appreciation for Carl's contributions winning races and a NASCAR Nationwide Series Championship in a Ford, and especially for his outreach to Ford fans. That said, with this decision out of the way, our plan for 2014 has not changed. We will go forward strongly with our stated goal of securing a NASCAR championship for Ford.

With that said, I think we all know where he's going. He's been wanted by one team ever since his first rumblings into Free Agency and that other team has been wanting 4 cars the whole time... He's going to Joe Gibbs Racing. It's the worse kept secret in NASCAR today.

baltimoreravens.png

Marcos Ambrose may be on his way out of RPM and NASCAR and onto Penske racing back in Australia... So that could possibly open up the possibility of Richard Petty opening the 9 or 19 to Edwards... But it does seem like Joe Gibbs Racing is the better option for Edwards.

News: Hamlin team gets a P5 penalty for Indy. Loses 75 points, crew chief/car chief suspended for six weeks, Grubb fined $125,000.

I guess NASCAR knows how to levy fines better than the NFL

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Richard Childress Racing could use some experience. Carl in a Chevy?

Yes I do think Carl will drive good in a Childress Chevy. They have Austin Dillion,Paul Menard,and Ryan Newman (the latter two have won the Brickyard.)But having Carl Edwards driving the 33 for RCR sounds right enough. But who is gonna be his primary sponsor next year (IMO Cheez-It/Frosted Flakes)?

Maybe if when Ambrose leaves, Petty gives up the 9 to Hendrick to use when Chase Elliott comes up?

I thought Nascar teams are only allowed four drivers now or are you implying this will happen after Gordon retires?

Maybe if when Ambrose leaves, Petty gives up the 9 to Hendrick to use when Chase Elliott comes up?

I thought Nascar teams are only allowed four drivers now or are you implying this will happen after Gordon retires?

Either Gordon retires or Kahne is booted

I say Kahne leaves and Chase gets the 5 for a year or two then once Gordon retires, so does the 24, Petty sells the 9 to Hendrick, thus resulting in Hendrick fielding the 5 (possibly), 9, 48, and 88

Yes I do think Carl will drive good in a Childress Chevy. They have Austin Dillion,Paul Menard,and Ryan Newman (the latter two have won the Brickyard.)But having Carl Edwards driving the 33 for RCR sounds right enough. But who is gonna be his primary sponsor next year (IMO Cheez-It/Frosted Flakes)?

Carl Edwards is in all likelihood going to Gibbs. Not to mention going to 4 cars has already been an issue for RCR on two separate occasions.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Carl Edwards is in all likelihood going to Gibbs. Not to mention going to 4 cars has already been an issue for RCR on two separate occasions.
Edwards to Gibbs... Drives the 54, primary sponsor would most likely be Subway and/or Kellogg's

Speaking of JGR, one thing that surprises me is that the Mars company that sponsors Kyle Busch (and formerly Elliott Sadler) is that they have not once had a Milky Way/Twix sponsored car.

M&M/Snickers are the obvious cars that are driven here, but I think it's a missed opportunity.

I think it would look cooler than the lame Combos cars.

Speaking of JGR, one thing that surprises me is that the Mars company that sponsors Kyle Busch (and formerly Elliott Sadler) is that they have not once had a Milky Way/Twix sponsored car.

M&M/Snickers are the obvious cars that are driven here, but I think it's a missed opportunity.

Twix would make a decent looking car... I never really liked the Combos car either... Hell why not have a M&Ms/Snickers/Twix/Milky Way sponsored paint scheme all on one car?

Twix would make a decent looking car... I never really liked the Combos car either... Hell why not have a M&Ms/Snickers/Twix/Milky Way sponsored paint scheme all on one car?
And what about Wrigley's Doublemint?

Also,to the RCR situation,the 33 car has been part time since Bowyer moved to MWR in 2012,so the 33 car has been shared this year with Circle Sports so if Edwards drives the 33,Menard has to opt out of his contract so that the 27 can be open for Ty Dillion in the future.

And what about Wrigley's Doublemint?

Also,to the RCR situation,the 33 car has been part time since Bowyer moved to MWR in 2012,so the 33 car has been shared this year with Circle Sports so if Edwards drives the 33,Menard has to opt out of his contract so that the 27 can be open for Ty Dillion in the future.

Ty Dillon doesn't necessarily have to follow his brother to RCR... Take a look at the Busch brothers... Kyle is with Joe Gibbs and Kurt is with Stewart-Haas. If I was to guess about Ty Dillon I'd say that Hendrick could take a look at him to drive the 5 and boot Kahne out in the future.

Archived