NBA as Football (30/30 Bucks Added)

JPDesign

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up from the Southeast division is the Washington Wizards. This was a fun challenge to try and reconfigure their uniforms to the football template. The stripe on the helmets is the Washington Monument, pulled from their logo. For the alts, I brought back their gold uniforms, which fit pretty well onto a football template as well.

Ho6v1eZ.png

M6YqGOs.png

NWRxqKZ.png

Guest darkpiranha

Wizards looks good, but there's nothing remotely 'wizardly' about the logo elements you've chosen to incorporate. I had no idea what team it was just by looking at it at first glance.

Wizards looks good, but there's nothing remotely 'wizardly' about the logo elements you've chosen to incorporate. I had no idea what team it was just by looking at it at first glance.

True. I'd like to see the helmet with their primary on it.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I tried the full primary roundel, but it felt too busy. I also shied away from that because they don't use that mark on their uniforms. Then I tried the shamrock with the circle and "Celtics" around it, but it felt redundant with the jersey wordmark and I didn't want to use that. I think the numbers work well, I wasn't too fond of the blank white shell.

Zif30Lk.png

Lp5ZbUY.png

P8RIwrp.png

Next up is the Knicks. I think these turned out really sharp. Their color scheme is great and the striping translated well here. The Orange/Orange/Blue would make a great alt set. I think the Redskins could take a few notes from these (minus the thin stripe, of course).

ZQWrcjW.png

30eK5YS.png

0MpXxUk.png

Pair the orange helmet with the home set and you have a sweet little tribute to the Broncos old school design.

Championship%20Banners.jpg.png

That's a pretty true statement, yet I would argue that the same could be said about their entire new identity: they do not use the Wizard logo anywhere on their uniforms or their court. As with all of these I tried to mimic what the team uses on court/uniforms. Thus, it felt a little odd to have the Wizard on here.

DC is one of the best. You used their colors and patterns well. I like the logo on the helmet and the helmet color. Try some blue pants and getting rid of the shoulder stars on the throwback.

The Wizards uniforms remind me a little bit of Northwestern's uniforms. In any event, I do have one suggestion: use the "dc" logo rather than the basketball for the helmet. Also, color one letter white and the other red since it'll be against a blue background. Very good job otherwise.

I like the Washington Monument stripe on the Wizards helmet, but I would flip it so that it doesn't look upside down. There could be some connotation there about the downfall of the monument, and I'm sure this wasn't your intent. I do agree with the above comments about there being no reference to Wizards; the logo looks good on a helmet but there is nothing about the uniforms that would be identifiable as them being the Wizards.

award%20sig.png

Next is the Atlanta Hawks. I thought these worked pretty well as a modern, piping-induced football uniform. I don't love their basketball uniforms, so I'm kind of "eh" on these, but I kind of think they look better as football than basketball uniforms. For the alt helmet, I may have gone a little crazy. But I think that seeing a giant bird staring at you as you line up would be horrifying.

Qu50sQg.png

IqHmLxN.png

MOyadd0.png

Archived