NBA as Football (30/30 Bucks Added)

JPDesign

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up from the Southwest Division is the Dallas Mavericks. As I tried to translate the shoulder design from their basketball uniform I found two things: 1) it lended itself nicely to capped sleeves and 2) the shape fit really well within the template seams on the back of the jersey. It was a pretty smooth transition. For the alternate, I brought back a fan favorite in all of it's green glory.

8uqvc1j.png

F49tWYJ.png

ve8bQGX.png

I wouldn't mind a silver helmet for the Spurs, but whatever's clever I guess.

I'm really digging the retro/green-esque alt for the Mavs, although I'd rather see the Green replace the darker blue on the home and away.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm happy with the Mavs set. The alternate is great, and I look forward to the return of green that is supposed to happen in 2015. It makes me wish an NFL team would go back to kelly green (COUGH COUGH EAGLES) I think their regular helmets lend themselves well also to the blown up logo much like the Boise State alternate helmet, but I like the coloration. Also thank you for not making a Samuel Dalembert jersey...I would liked Matrix but #0 on a football jersey would just be weird.

nttpdfrjpmwqszn.20100829005132.jpg

Rounding out the Southwest is the New Orleans Pelicans. Their basketball uniforms were criticized for being overly plain, but I think it actually translates better to a football uniform than basketball. The addition of the Pelican to the sleeves helps add some visual interest. I took the side panel from their basketball jersey and shorts and put it all on the pants for an interesting pants stripe. Obviously the most radical part here is the helmet. I tried a few different things but kept coming back to this Eagles-esque helmet that I think would look really great. However, I did still make a gold helmet with the Bird-de-lis, which I think looks pretty nice as well. Lastly, given that the Pelicans are yet to unveil a third uniform, I made the alt include the gold helmet and blue jersey's and pants for a changeup.

L1wiMwz.png

Rry3ZYW.png

lFXD3h5.png

Rounding out the Southwest is the New Orleans Pelicans. Their basketball uniforms were criticized for being overly plain, but I think it actually translates better to a football uniform than basketball. The addition of the Pelican to the sleeves helps add some visual interest. I took the side panel from their basketball jersey and shorts and put it all on the pants for an interesting pants stripe. Obviously the most radical part here is the helmet. I tried a few different things but kept coming back to this Eagles-esque helmet that I think would look really great. However, I did still make a gold helmet with the Bird-de-lis, which I think looks pretty nice as well. Lastly, given that the Pelicans are yet to unveil a third uniform, I made the alt include the gold helmet and blue jersey's and pants for a changeup.

L1wiMwz.png

Rry3ZYW.png

lFXD3h5.png

This is absolutely perfect. That helmet is so great. Only thing I could think of is a little more red in the uniform, but you're staying true to their current color palette. Really well done.

Way to go! Pels have another great set of colors, your blue has been set up perfectly with the gold. I espiecially like the winged helmets. The gold collar is a nice touch. See how the fluer/pelican looks on the pants.

The Pelicans' helmets are amazing, especially the fleur-de-lis alt. Just reminds me of (IMO) probably the best logo set in the NBA, and a fantastic color scheme as well.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I came around on the white helmet. By making the helmet stripe a little wider like the pants, it felt more balanced. It reminds me a lot of Oklahoma State now, minus the orange obviously.

Updated:

B9oCNJc.png

plQ2Nzv.png

0dLjbou.png

You just made me eat crow. The white helmets do work very well with this. Nice work!

Also, good job with the Pelicans!

Archived