Logos That Need Redesigning

qwerty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what you're saying is they include a map of the island that they play on, except for the specific part of the island they play on...

I don't like the Islanders logo, and while I respect the history behind it, I still don't like it. :P

I hope they keep the colours, but redesign the overall look. It bugs me that Long Island and the Islanders script overlap. But its gold compared to the Gorton's logo.

So what you're saying is they include a map of the island that they play on, except for the specific part of the island they play on...

I don't like the Islanders logo, and while I respect the history behind it, I still don't like it. :P

I hope they keep the colours, but redesign the overall look. It bugs me that Long Island and the Islanders script overlap. But its gold compared to the Gorton's logo.

This would be a great opportunity for a modernization/update. Fish sticks proved unpopular, but it can probably be cleaned up without a total departure from the early history.

I take the question to mean that the essence of a logo would stay the same, but elements would need to be redesigned (as opposed to "logos that need to be replaced...so under that interpretation, no Clippers, who need a bran new logo)

I'd suggest:

• Brewers: Get the red stitching off the baseball...make it blue or gold
  • Reds: Ditch the black
  • Ravens: As long as it's going to be their helmet logo, then then need a redesign because it looks so awful reversed on the left side of the helmet. A simple removal of the "B" should get it done.
  • Chiefs: I'd like to see them have some yellow in there.
  • Titans: I've always thought the flaming circle was odd. I'd rather see no flames.
  • Cavaliers: Remove the blue since it's off the uniforms...this may require more of an overhaul, but a simpler logo may fit better anyway.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think if the Islanders are going to do something like this, they may as well fix the two-colored "I". Shrink the map? Shrink the wordmark? Something.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Jets - just plain and boring. They can keep their current one, but relegate it to secondary.

ny_jets.png

Ravens - Get rid of the B, also think they should have a full bird secondary logo.

BaltimoreRavens1-128x128.gif

Skins - Im not talking about changing the name...but the logo now is pretty bad and can use a modernization...it's so flat.

WashingtonRedskins1-128x128.gif

Browns - I don't care if they want to keep their Uni's just pick an alternate logo that isn't the helmet for use elsewhere.

There's a purpose to the two coloured I. It's point is at the spot on the map where the home rink is.

Once they complete the move, it would be so. I don't think I've ever before seen an example of a hidden message in a logo that only became true after a certain period of time.

It already is so on the current logo (see below). The current logo doesn't include Brooklyn and Queens and has the I pointed to Uniondale.

79520qbne58r9i71zhuggbff0.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I did not know that about the "I" but I still think they should do away with it. I always had the impression that they did not have the space and felt forced to do that to the I. I'd rather they just put a star or dot on the arena location.

POTD (Shared)

Archived