World Football League (Sun Added 2/19/2014)

BrianVlietDesign

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though this thread is fairly new I have to say that is what makes the concept section so great. When creators take that extra step to make their work not just a concept but something that could really exist. Some do it with great backstories to go with great designs or, like you, go to certain depths with the designs(merch, stadiums, tv promos, etc.). I really wish the folks out there that open a concept thread with not even so much as a sketch see this, along with some of the other great threads and take notes. Whether it be hand drawn or made in Photoshop, taking time to develop your concept before you post makes all the difference. That's part of the reason I have yet to post a concept here. I'm still developing ideas and don't want to just open a thread to tell folks what I think I'm going to do.

All that being said, I look forward to seeing where this thread goes. It looks pretty good so far. Personally I had no problem with the logo being the same color on the Portland jersey. The white logo just looks off. Also kudos for making the logo look like it belongs on the front of jerseys in football. Can't wait to see how you handle my hometown Sun. Most unique colors in football. Last thing, since you are going so in depth, any chance we see a trophy design too? I've never seen anyone design trophy for their concept league yet.

Hey WildWinger88

I saw your post and I really like your idea of a new World Football League.

I´m new here, in fact, this is my first comment, and i´m from Germany, so please be not to harsh, if my English is not perfect.

But I have to say, you must add the team "Rhein Fire" to your league.

Why?

Because the teams Frankfurt Galaxy and Rhein Fire were the only teams back in the times of the NFL Europe with financial success and a big fanbase over the hole time until 2007. Plus, this two teams had a strong rivalry. I would love the idea to see football again in my hometown of Düsseldorf (in fact, the third reason for Rhein Fire ;-) )!

Think about it!

By the way, I love your first uniform concept, keep going!

Best greetings across the pond!

This may just be a personal choice, but I'm not a huge fan on the number font on Portland's jerseys. I think you could get away with a modern, maybe even italicized sans-serif font to tie-in with the logo a little more. That said, what you have already looks great and I'm really excited to see where this goes!

Omaha couldn't shine if it was made of sunrays.

College World Series. Olympic Swim Trials. NCAA March Madness. Triple-A Champion Omaha Storm Chasers.

The most bars per capita in the nation, and steak. MY GOD the steak.

Hey WildWinger88

I saw your post and I really like your idea of a new World Football League.

I´m new here, in fact, this is my first comment, and i´m from Germany, so please be not to harsh, if my English is not perfect.

But I have to say, you must add the team "Rhein Fire" to your league.

Why?

Because the teams Frankfurt Galaxy and Rhein Fire were the only teams back in the times of the NFL Europe with financial success and a big fanbase over the hole time until 2007. Plus, this two teams had a strong rivalry. I would love the idea to see football again in my hometown of Düsseldorf (in fact, the third reason for Rhein Fire ;-) )!

Think about it!

By the way, I love your first uniform concept, keep going!

Best greetings across the pond!

I considered the Rhein Fire for the first season, but not every team could fit in the model I put forth But, don't worry, I plan for them to be added in the expansion process.

Also, here is the final advertisment for Friday night's matchup...

FWFWeek1.png

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Very interesting direction on the uniforms. Are they all going to follow the logo-on-front style?

I also love the Southstars colors, and the fact that you chose Blitz as the name for the Milwaukee team... perfect way to tie in the city's Germanic traditions in with a football team.

Very interesting direction on the uniforms. Are they all going to follow the logo-on-front style?

I also love the Southstars colors, and the fact that you chose Blitz as the name for the Milwaukee team... perfect way to tie in the city's Germanic traditions in with a football team.

I haven't decided yet as to whether or not each team will go with the logo on front design. It's a concept I like and would like to do for a majority of the teams. But, I'm probably going to switch things up a bit.

Logos on the front? A pre-NFL thing.

And with the undershirts' sleeves getting longer again, as the saying goes, everything old is new again. I give it ten years before uniforms start having 3/4 length sleeves again ala Starship Troopers.

Now that rant is done, the unis are nicely done. They aren't too busy. The league patch evens out the number positioning. The logos are marketable for easy recognition. Good job.

Logos on the front? A pre-NFL thing.

And with the undershirts' sleeves getting longer again, as the saying goes, everything old is new again. I give it ten years before uniforms start having 3/4 length sleeves again ala Starship Troopers.

Now that rant is done, the unis are nicely done. They aren't too busy. The league patch evens out the number positioning. The logos are marketable for easy recognition. Good job.

Thanks! I personally love the idea of logos on the front. Old school uniforms like the Duluth Eskimos and the Dayton Triangles are just awesome.

Love Virginia!

Thank you kind sir.

Archived