World Football League (Sun Added 2/19/2014)

BrianVlietDesign

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go, my hometown team!

Personally as an Orange County native I would've preferred they embrace the Anaheim name, but it's all good. At least they committed to a place and didn't cop out like the Angels. I like the modernizing of the Sun logo and the wordmark fits pretty well with it. The colors are still some of the best in football past or present so that makes this new logo even better. Good work all around.

If I may, I wanted to make a suggestion about the helmets for this team. Maybe go for something out of the box in the same vein as the Rams or Bengals. Maybe have the sunburst, or the top part of it coming out from the front of the helmet, just above the bumper. That might be pretty cool.

Personally as an Orange County native I would've preferred they embrace the Anaheim name, but it's all good. At least they committed to a place and didn't cop out like the Angels. I like the modernizing of the Sun logo and the wordmark fits pretty well with it. The colors are still some of the best in football past or present so that makes this new logo even better. Good work all around.

If I may, I wanted to make a suggestion about the helmets for this team. Maybe go for something out of the box in the same vein as the Rams or Bengals. Maybe have the sunburst, or the top part of it coming out from the front of the helmet, just above the bumper. That might be pretty cool.

Yeah, I wanted to go with Anaheim (because I'm a Ducks fan and Anaheim doesn't get much credit) but I went with L.A. because logically L.A. is without major pro football and the marketing appeal for an upstart league in that market just makes sense.

As for the helmet, I'll see what I can do. No promises.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Ok, so I have finished the Los Angeles Sun. But, as per request from Lee Noire, I decided to try something with the helmet. I have two versions and will allow you all to vote on it. Here they are:

Home Version 1

LASunHome2.png

Away Version 1

LASunAway2.png

Home Version 2

LASunHome1.png

Away Version 2

LASunAway1.png

Yeah, I wanted to go with Anaheim (because I'm a Ducks fan and Anaheim doesn't get much credit) but I went with L.A. because logically L.A. is without major pro football and the marketing appeal for an upstart league in that market just makes sense.

As for the helmet, I'll see what I can do. No promises.

No worries man, its your concept.

Looking at the update I love those uniforms man. Those colors look so good! The LA monogram looks good too. I like that you did experiment with the helmets but i think the logo looks off placed in the back. I have never been a fan of over sized logos. That is really unique though and I wish it would've worked. I think it would look better on the front side where only the top half of the logo really needs to be seen. If you wouldn't go that way I'd just stick with the basic style.

Oh the joys of being able to have an alt. helmet. TOUGH LUCK BUCS

LA is cool and so is Milwaukee, May I have the honors of asking, who is next?

The Florida Blazers were supposed to be next. But, due to a stressful last two weeks, following with me getting some stomach virus I haven't been able to contribute much. My apologies. New concepts will be up soon enough. Thanks for your patience, guys!

The Florida Blazers were supposed to be next. But, due to a stressful last two weeks, following with me getting some stomach virus I haven't been able to contribute much. My apologies. New concepts will be up soon enough. Thanks for your patience, guys!

Oh, I feel you bro. That bug must have migrated from Nashville to Richmond. I had that thing last month.

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

Oh, I feel you bro. That bug must have migrated from Nashville to Richmond. I had that thing last month.

Yeah, it's been going around my high school, it's not just you Winger.

Also, very much anticipating the Blazers when you get back to it.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• 2 months later...

I think this series is awesome.

One question I have is will the Amsterdam Admirals, Scottish Claymores or Rhein Fire return in expansion?

No guarantees on the first two. But, I'm heavily considering Rhein.

But, as an update, college life distracted me big time from completing this project the last few months. But, I fully intend to get back into it over the next week or two. So stay tuned everyone!

I think this series is awesome.

One question I have is will the Amsterdam Admirals, Scottish Claymores or Rhein Fire return in expansion?

No guarantees on the first two. But, I'm heavily considering Rhein.

But, as an update, college life distracted me big time from completing this project the last few months. But, I fully intend to get back into it over the next week or two. So stay tuned everyone!

Are you sure? Because Amsterdam was where Adam Vinatieri started before he joined the Patriots. The Admirals were also the only NFLE team to produce a then-future Super Bowl MVP (Kurt Warner)

As for Rhein, let's see them first, but I would suggest a flame on the pant legs, kinda like the 1984 Arizona Wranglers.

1984_Arizona.png

Archived