Hoopladawg87's NBA Uniform Redesigns - KINGS ALTERNATE added 7/29

iamdaviinci

Toronto Raptors: Great Idea, love the nod to the original jerseys set. I suggest to arch the wordmarks on the front and laced them with a white stroke to compensate the eyes. Another suggestion would be to remove the Canadian flag from the waist band and return the Maple Leaf logo above the Players name.

Milwaukee Bucks: Not a big fan of the barber pole side panels for this team, I would suggest to create the same "Rainbow" effect as their original counter parts. Other than that it is a great concept.

Great drafts and composition, can't wait to see this grow.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I love the use of the old Raptors pinstripe on the side panels. The concept is great however I would suggest that you add black shadow or outline to the home unis around the name s, numbers and even around the side pinstripes. White and gold is hard to see. A subtle shadow or dark outline would make it pop more.

Just an idea. Maybe the same for the road but use white. No biggie.

I'll definitely work with the white and gold combination to create more contrast and make it pop more. I was purposely attempting to stray away from including black on the home white versions and white on the road black versions to keep it as simple and clean as possible, so I'll play with the color of the gold and see if I can get creative enough with it to make it stand out a little more. Thanks!

I like elements of all of them, but the thing that sticks out most to me is that I'd rather see "Milwaukee" on the roads.

I had attempted this when originally working on the text for this set, but I couldn't quite get 'MILWAUKEE' to look right proportionally with the length of the word... It ended up looking too small a la the 'NEW ORLEANS' text on the new Pelicans uniforms.

love it, and where'd you get this template

Thanks! Message me your e-mail address and I'll send over my .psd file of it.

Toronto Raptors: Great Idea, love the nod to the original jerseys set. I suggest to arch the wordmarks on the front and laced them with a white stroke to compensate the eyes. Another suggestion would be to remove the Canadian flag from the waist band and return the Maple Leaf logo above the Players name.

Milwaukee Bucks: Not a big fan of the barber pole side panels for this team, I would suggest to create the same "Rainbow" effect as their original counter parts. Other than that it is a great concept.

Great drafts and composition, can't wait to see this grow.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide your input!

I like the arching the wordmarks on the Raptors concept idea a lot. I'll have to work with it and see how it looks... I feel like the wordmarks on the majority of my concepts are always even and leveled, so a subtle change like that from time to time could make a big difference.

As for the Bucks concept, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by creating the same rainbow effect as their original counterparts. If you could go into a little more detail I'd greatly appreciate it.

7crnwjghkt5sg6rp9zgxkzco7.gif

u4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

*See how the side panel doesn't evoke a "Barber Pole"effect like Marquette or even the Nuggets ALT jerseys shorts do, I believe mimicking the same flow as these original 1986-1993 jersey's will suit better for them or even placing the "Irish Rainbow" only on the shorts would be a better fit to modernize a classic look.* On a side note I would eliminate the white out of the "Rainbow" but thats just me. I hope this made it more clearer for you...

7crnwjghkt5sg6rp9zgxkzco7.gif

u4ay5i0ft6rz7w7fhebh96fe8.gif

*See how the side panel doesn't evoke a "Barber Pole"effect like Marquette or even the Nuggets ALT jerseys shorts do, I believing mimicking the same flow as these original 1986-1993 jersey's will suit better for them or even placing the "Irish Rainbow" only on the shorts would be a better fit to modernize a classic look.* On a side note I would eliminate the white out of the "Rainbow" but thats just me. I hope this made it more clearer for you...

Ah, I see what you're saying now. That would certainly simplify things, but I'll probably refrain from that route to preserve a little bit of originality with this concept. Thanks for the input and suggestions though, I appreciate it!

I spent some time on the Toronto Raptors concept, but I couldn't get the three colors - black, white, and gold - to work well together on either the home or the road versions, and I ended up preferring the leveled text to the arched text for the front wordmark. I'mgoing to consider that one done for now, though I may revisit it down the road if I have any creative epiphanies.

I also started on a Charlotte Hornets concept, though I plan to change a lot of things on it. It doesn't quite look natural to me, but I'm not entirely sure what to change or whether I should scrap it entirely and go in a different direction. Any and all ideas and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Home:

HornetsHomeConcept-1.jpg

Road:

HornetsRoadConcept-1.jpg

Thanks!

As a Bobcats/Hornets fan, that honeycomb is way too overberaing. If you want to use that to that degree make it on a purple alt or something, too much for a home/away combo.

Not sure I understand the Font/Number scripts either. But I like the pinstripes and the side panels look fine too.

I like the jerseys for Hornets. But I agree with frosty. On the home unis I would have made the honeycombs a contrasting color like purple or even clear honeycombs with different color outlines. Or just more subtle. I LOVED what you did with the pinstripes too! Another plus for the logo placements and choices. Hugo on short and Buzz on NOB spot.

shado_logo.gif

As a Bobcats/Hornets fan, that honeycomb is way too overberaing. If you want to use that to that degree make it on a purple alt or something, too much for a home/away combo.

Not sure I understand the Font/Number scripts either. But I like the pinstripes and the side panels look fine too.

The overbearing honeycomb pattern was definitely a big reason why it looked so off. I made it significantly more subtle in the updated versions, and I think it looks a lot less busy without completely sacrificing the honeycomb pattern altogether. I also found what I believe to be a better font for the wordmark, numbers, and nameplate... It definitely looks a little more Charlotte Hornets-like to me.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. There's a huge difference between the original concept and the updated version, to me at least. Please let me know your thoughts!

I like the jerseys for Hornets. But I agree with frosty. On the home unis I would have made the honeycombs a contrasting color like purple or even clear honeycombs with different color outlines. Or just more subtle. I LOVED what you did with the pinstripes too! Another plus for the logo placements and choices. Hugo on short and Buzz on NOB spot.

The pinstripes and logos stayed on the updated version, but the idea of subtlety really makes the honeycomb pattern work and removes a lot of the clutter. Thanks for the C&C!

Here's the most recent update for the Charlotte Hornets...

Home:

HornetsHomeConcept.jpg

Road:

HornetsRoadConcept.jpg

It looks a heck of a lot better courtesy of frosty and Shadojoker, and any other comments are suggestions are very much welcomed. Thanks!

In all honesty the honeycombs on the road previously looked great but the updated version is a solid 9.5/10

The original seemed a little too cluttered, but maybe a slight increase in the visibility of the honeycomb pattern on the updated version would pop a little more without being too overbearing. I'll be experimenting with that before finalizing this one!

Wow, those look a lot better. Wouldn't complain if those were revealed tomorrow.

Thanks again for the suggestions. Hopefully the Hornets do take their new uniforms in a direction similar to their 90's ones, but with all of the recent uniform updates I'll be skeptical until I see it.

The update looks a lot better. But that nameplate is throwing me off so badly...

Thanks! I definitely need to start using players with shorter names for these concepts...

Amazing work so far!!! Can't wait to see more teams! That Bucks is great...reminds me of the days of Sidney Moncrief-excellent work! Would love to see your ideas of one of favorite teams-the Suns.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! The Suns will certainly be making an appearance at some point as the only teams whose uniforms I don't plan to redesign at this point are the Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Warriors, and Cavaliers (Pacers, Pistons, and Clippers could all go either way, we'll see!).

Can you try the Houston Rockets please?

Yes, the Rockets are on my to-do list. Keep an eye out for those and please let me know what you think about them once they're posted!

Alright, a little late to this..

Bucks. I like the red in the barber pole as well as just green. Either one will do, but the general design is perfect.

Raptors. As a Torontonian and a person who hates Drake - sorry - I refuse to even think of Toronto in a boring Black and Gold colour scheme. I love the retro pin stripes, but I think Purple, Red and Black is the way to go. Most people here want it. Your design is realistic though since it seams none of these teams listen to the fans, but its your concept so ultimately, you decide whats what.

Hornets. The newest updated one you made is almost perfect; as much as I like the old style font, I don't think it goes well with the new logo.

Alright, a little late to this..

Bucks. I like the red in the barber pole as well as just green. Either one will do, but the general design is perfect.

Raptors. As a Torontonian and a person who hates Drake - sorry - I refuse to even think of Toronto in a boring Black and Gold colour scheme. I love the retro pin stripes, but I think Purple, Red and Black is the way to go. Most people here want it. Your design is realistic though since it seams none of these teams listen to the fans, but its your concept so ultimately, you decide whats what.

Hornets. The newest updated one you made is almost perfect; as much as I like the old style font, I don't think it goes well with the new logo.

Thanks for checking things out and leaving some feedback. The thing that jumped out at me the most was that the font on the Hornets concept doesn't match with their new logo. I agree 100%, and I actually tried to find something with a little more attitude and edge to go with their current rebranding. I couldn't find anything that worked well with it though, so I ultimately went with something more retro.

As for the Raptors concept, I recolored it and changed some things to see how it would look with their original purple-heavy color scheme. The home white version didn't turn out very well the first time around, but I'm pleasantly surprised with the purple road version. I'd love to know your thoughts on it!

RaptorsPurpleRoadConcept.jpg

EDIT: Just realized I deleted the link. I'll fix that when I get home later.

Charlotte: Definitely NOT feeling the hornets update. Honestly your font choice wasn't a good one, IMO. It makes the jerseys look a cheap knockoff. Suggest a more modern font (i.e. from the new logos).

Milwaukee: Bucks definitely would be more interested with some red although your design is good with out it (again the font is to old-school).

Toronto: Raptors' uniforms leaves something for the imagination. It's just missing a lil' something. Like outlining. You can try something like the Wizards half gold, half black uniforms.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I love the new Raptors concept! However for the front number I would put it underneath the RAPTORS and not to the right. Other than that they are great. You could spice it up If you combine the elements of their 2nd uniform of the dual colored road. Purple front and black or even red and black as an alternate. If I knew how to do this believe me I would.

fe53k721mrugqx0zhofzfzbut.gif

shado_logo.gif

Charlotte: Definitely NOT feeling the hornets update. Honestly your font choice wasn't a good one, IMO. It makes the jerseys look a cheap knockoff. Suggest a more modern font (i.e. from the new logos).

Milwaukee: Bucks definitely would be more interested with some red although your design is good with out it (again the font is to old-school).

Toronto: Raptors' uniforms leaves something for the imagination. It's just missing a lil' something. Like outlining. You can try something like the Wizards half gold, half black uniforms.

I appreciate the feedback!

Hornets: I'm definitely going to work with the font some more. If it's going to include the new logos, it should probably have a more cohesive font to tie it all together. If you or anyone else has a certain font that comes to mind please let me know.

Bucks: The old school flavor of the Bucks' font was by design, as I just hate the cheap look of the modern font they have now.

Raptors: I agree it could use a little something else to make things stand out, and the Wizards' old black and gold uniforms might be a good place to start. I'm still not sold on including all three colors (black, white, gold) on each version of the uniform for reasons I myself don't even know, but I may end up scrapping that colorway in favor of their original purple scheme. We'll see!

I love the new Raptors concept! However for the front number I would put it underneath the RAPTORS and not to the right. Other than that they are great. You could spice it up If you combine the elements of their 2nd uniform of the dual colored road. Purple front and black or even red and black as an alternate. If I knew how to do this believe me I would.

fe53k721mrugqx0zhofzfzbut.gif

I'll definitely be centering up the front number, I think that'll look a lot better. I got a little too wrapped up in using their original Raptor-front uniform for inspiration. As for incorporating the second uniform, I initially tried that with black side panels and/or a black back. It didn't turn out so well the first time around, though I do like the idea of it.

I won't be updating anything this weekend, but I'll be back at it next week with some updates and hopefully a new concept or two. Thanks for looking!

Back with a few minor updates.

First, the Hornets concept has been updated with a new font for all of the text. I can't find the exact typeface thy use with their new logos, and I couldn't find anything too close, so I settled for a more modern typeface that is similar to the Bobcats' current typeface. I haven't decided if I think it's an upgrade or not, but I'd love any and all feedback. I also made the honeycomb pattern slightly more visible on the road version to match the visibility of it on the home version.

Home:

HornetsHomeConcept-2.jpg

Road:

HornetsRoadConcept-2.jpg

I also updated the recolorization of the Raptors concept. The front number is centered up, and I added a home white version. I don't like the look of it nearly as much as the road version, as it just seems like the color and balance of it is way off. If anyone has any suggestions to fix this please let me know.

Home:

RaptorsPurpleHomeConcept.jpg

Road:

RaptorsPurpleRoadConcept-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Archived