Super Bowl XLIX Logo Unveiled

sportsfan0518

I had the honor of attending Super Bowl Media Day at the Prudential Center, and it was a great experience. While I was there, the NFL was handing out goody bags that came with various items from NFL sponsors. Long story short, the in the goody bag there was a pamphlet that said, "See you in Arizona!" and on it had the Super Bowl XLIX logo on it. Here is the front and back of it.

140wv2t.jpg

2ebyi2q.jpg

I tried my best to make a transparent logo of it, and here it is:

qov9fb.png

Like all of us, I'm disappointed and angry that the NFL is continuing this awful trend of generic Super Bowl logos. There's not much we can do about it, and thats the worst part of this. What are your thoughts?

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that this trend ends after Super Bowl LI in 2017. Since there's an opportunity for Lucas Oil Stadium and The Superdome to host in 2018, it would basically be a duplicate stadium logo from SB XLVI or SB XLVII, respectively (you know, with the exception of the roman numerals).

Zach.

It's acceptable for the NBA to use one logo for their Championship for several years in a row cause it's been done like that for a while. But with the NFL, they had been using different logos for 44 years, then just decided to half-ass it. At least the MLB still uses different logos *knock on wood*

spacer.png

Oh, please, god, don't follow the trend for L... It's bad enough when its a 3 or more letter numeral. When the lower numeral half is smaller than the top Lombardi Trophy half, it will look godawful.

It's acceptable for the NBA to use one logo for their Championship for several years in a row cause it's been done like that for a while. But with the NFL, they had been using different logos for 44 years, then just decided to half-ass it. At least the MLB still uses different logos *knock on wood*

The MLB had 3 or 4 generic versions of its World Series logo, and they finally learned their lesson in 2000. Now the logos are fantastic, and hopefully the NFL will realize this sooner rather than later.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I had the honor of attending Super Bowl Media Day at the Prudential Center, and it was a great experience. While I was there, the NFL was handing out goody bags that came with various items from NFL sponsors. Long story short, the NFL handed out this pamphlet that said, "See you in Arizona!" and on it had the Super Bowl XLIX logo on it. Here is the front and back of it.

140wv2t.jpg

2ebyi2q.jpg

I tried my best to make a transparent logo of it, and here it is:

qov9fb.png

Like all of us, I'm disappointed and angry that the NFL is continuing this awful trend of generic Super Bowl logos. There's not much we can do about it, and thats the worst part of this. What are your thoughts?

OMG I had NO idea this was the logo <_<:puke:

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

The logos for SB 45-49 have never bothered me. They all look good on their own. Better a perfectly good one every year than running the chance of complete miss, which I thought most SB logos were under the previous system.

That said, I don't think there's any way they keep this going. This would look ridiculous. They could just switch from Roman to Arabic numerals and keep this system alive. Like I said, I wouldn't mind, but I know a lot of people here hate that.

WfbH4.png

Just be careful what you wish for! A year from now, we could be treated to a neon orange and volt creation that's going to make silver and generic look just fine.

PJU85JF.png

At this point I wouldn't mind your neon orange and volt logo.

No, seriously, that seems like something the NFL would slap on a jersey. Quick, someone whip up a concept and send it to NFL Offices! ;)

Not an artist, obviously, but here's a shot at that color palette.

y2e2.png

PJU85JF.png

Archived