Super Bowl XLIX Logo Unveiled

sportsfan0518

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. It's a neutral site championship game. The dual endzones work given the context.

Which is why the end zones should be neutral (IMO). It's not like one end zone belongs to one team and the other to another. And at home games, all the end zone paint does is promote the home team. So why not have it promote the game rather than the teams? If anything, it would add to the spectacle.

What looks more dramatic - a photo of a player diving in for a score against his team-logoed end zone (that could be a home game for all anyone knows) or the same player diving in to the Super Bowl end zone? I'm one of the few that's a fan of the "logo system", but I think it's time to expand it to the whole field.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know why I was thinking about this tonight, but I've decided that I'm fine with "SUPER BOWL XLIX" end zones and team logos on the 20 or 25. Having different logoed (is that a word?) end-zones looks silly. Discuss.

I'd rather leave things as is, as far as the field goes...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

xlix.jpg

So they're still investing in unique SB designs, only they're not going to use them anywhere except for regional purposes.

In conclusion, it's not new designs that are missing. It's what's being used and what isn't.

Yep. The standardized logos have become the "primaries," but the unique logos haven't gone away. They're still used as alternates.

superbowlxlvlogo_zps9b36b75e.jpg

sb46-logo-bg_zps359af831.png

super-bowl-xlvii_zps7401529d.jpg

Super-Bowl-48-logo_zpsb331e482.jpg

Interestingly NFL.com is using the unique alternate logo on their playoff header this year. It's a longshot, but I hope this the beginning of using these localized alternates more and more until they just push the standardized nonsense aside.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think there's a crisis. The logo could be enhanced a bit, but i am a fan of a standardized championship logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Which one? I really don't want to have to listen to any more of his voice than necessary.

It's the bottom clip. It auto-scrolled me down there from that link, but it may not do that on all browsers.

Edit: It appears it's gone now? It was there when I posted the link but I don't see it anymore.

Looks like a cool logo for Super Bowl VII. Also, I swear I have seen a church logo like that somewhere. Will it still be called the First Church of Adrian Peterson by the time they build it?

Stained-Glass-Nativity-3.jpg

It says quite clearly - "Super Bowl Host Committee". They have those every year, and are totally unrelated to the eventual game logos.

Here's the most recent ones:

40760_163194103708235_2481728_n.jpg?efg=

58433_430013414284_4894541_n.jpg?efg=eyJ

402217_317871934918183_2006362985_n.jpg?

995246_586464484740381_375998510_n.jpg?e

1888890_515496388577190_2809254407264863

They range from the excellent to the awful and back again. But not at all reflective of the actual Super Bowl logos.

Archived