Modernizing Retro NBA Uniforms

itsmecon

Hi fellow designers, ive started up a series where ill be taking old retro NBA jersey designs and recreating them and making the a bit more modern. The first team ive done is the Indiana Pacers, any helpful comments or ideas would be much appreciated.

Home: pacersretro_zps106c35da.png

Away: pacersretroaway_zps58eed6ed.png

Alt: pacersretroalt_zps9b4f75d5.png

(this design was based on this jersey http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/yffglwo7zwrcec667yrviopl6/Indiana_Pacers/1985/Home_Uniform )

Well done. I love the idea of modernizing retro uniforms, and the old Pacers' set is one of my favorites. It's simple, but not too basic, and I think your concept captures that same feel and updates it with the darker blue as well as the touch of gray.

The only question marks for me are the 'PACERS' font on the fronts of the jerseys (a little too square, in my opinion, but it does remain consistent with the number font) and the end of the paneling as it extends to the sides of the jersey (in other words, how it cuts off since it does not extend to the back of the jersey).

Great start, looking forward to seeing more!

Well done. I love the idea of modernizing retro uniforms, and the old Pacers' set is one of my favorites. It's simple, but not too basic, and I think your concept captures that same feel and updates it with the darker blue as well as the touch of gray.

The only question marks for me are the 'PACERS' font on the fronts of the jerseys (a little too square, in my opinion, but it does remain consistent with the number font) and the end of the paneling as it extends to the sides of the jersey (in other words, how it cuts off since it does not extend to the back of the jersey).

Great start, looking forward to seeing more!

yea i see what you mean with the font, i had abit of trouble finding the right font, thanks its always good to have some constructive critism to work with in the future :)

Love these! Try doing a Hawks one.

ok hawks it is next!

I love them, the only thing i have to say is that the Blue away jersey looks a lot like the current Memphis Grizzlies. The dark and light blue with the gold trim just looks like their pallet

ohh i never noticed, its actually the gray taken from the pacers logo

Archived