GotPixels

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

I really love the overall look, but I'm feeling a disconnect between Miners and the sun. I know that technically some mining or prospecting is done aboveground, but when I think of a mine, I think of it as underground. A previous UTEP Miner logo even had a guy wearing a hardhat with a flashlight on it, so that tells me that the intent of the Miner identity was initially an underground mine. That said, I have no idea the history of mining in El Paso, so there might not even BE an undergound mine nearby, so it might be a moot point.

Well, the pick is the tool of a miner and has been utilized as a primary logo before.

They play in the Sun Bowl and the primary they have now has a sun over the mountains behind the miner. This is an attempt to make a defining element {Pick} for the helmet. The miner that have now is fine with me. For this project I'm just exploring options. Also trying to brighten it up because the silver seems to muddy it up now.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Not sure I feel the need for a navy helmet; there is no precedence of a navy helmet in UTEP's history and another school, UTSA, has the same colors as UTEP. Their orange helmet allows UTEP to differentiate themselves from UTSA. I would focus far more on the orange for UTEP.

If you do decide to keep the navy helmet, I would change the stripe to keep it consistent with the one on the orange helmet, replacing the navy with the orange. You are using the exact same stripe on the orange helmet as the navy one and I don't think that's the right call. I would also consider adding some white pants (not sure if that's something on your agenda)

Thanks for the feedback.

The Blue set is an alternate. I'm using the same progression that I have with each team. I start with a base home and away look and then add alternate combinations. UTEP has toyed with different blues and even black throughout the years. I know that UTSA has virtually the same palette, but an all blue alternate would be fresh for UTEP.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Archived