GotPixels

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you are saying and I understand, but they were D-II until 2005 when the FCS thing began. They were actually NAIA before that. Amazing, I know.

Thanks again for the links.

Hmmm as far as I know DI-AA/FCS has always been in a different category than DII. I could be wrong but never thought the Southland Conference was DII, if they are someone needs to tell them so they can fix the error on their website.

Per Southland Conference Page:

"The Southland sponsors 17 championship sports, all at the NCAA Division I level "

"The conference continues to make great strides in the classroom. During the last seven years, no other Division I conference has improved its Academic Progress Rate as well as the Southland Conference has."

http://southland.org/sports/2013/10/24/GEN_1024130130.aspx?

Also, a heads up, just in case. The correct acronymn for Texas State is "TXST" not "TSU". TSU is used by Texas Southern University, while Texas State University uses "TXST". Very common misconception that I would like to get cleared beforehand. On the baseball uniforms they have been know to use the TS with a Star crest, but that's the only think I can think of where we have used the "S"

Excellent job on the uniforms so far, can't wait to see what you come up with for Texas State, the Maroon and Gold should pop really well.

If we want to continue this, I can easily omit Texas State. Just saying.

Their Football program was D2 at one time. That was my point. Just for the record, I understand that they play D1 in other sports. Duh.

Matter of fact, I have a kid who plays in the Southland Conference right now. Do we want to continue this?
If so, there will be 11 concepts not 12.
;)

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Guest darkpiranha

Please continue it, and keep Texas State in this.

In an attempt to clarify the info that's been posted here, let me take a crack at it.

FCS is Football Championship Subdivision. This used to be known as Division 1-AA. Southland Conference was/is a part of this, and my alma mater, the McNeese Cowboys, have been a perennial power in it (although we've never won the whole thing.)

FBS is Football Bowl Subdivision. This used to be known as Division 1-A. The old AP National Champion and current BCS champions are in this division.

Both FBS and FCS were Division 1. There are all sorts of stipulations for what allows one to be 1-A or 1-AA. That's for Football. Both of these divisions send teams to the NCAA Basketball Tournament, as for those purposes, they all count as just Division 1. Likewise, it goes down further to Division 2, 3 all the way down to the Ocho, Division 8, which I think is made up of online universities.

Texas State is one of those few universities who has successfully advanced up the ladder from NAIA to Division 1/FCS.

I really didn't want to start a war. I just wanted to clarify and, mainly, try to help find pictures for TXST.

But, as was stated, TXST was DII at one time as follows:

Independent - 1904-1924

TIAA - 1925-1930

DII - 1931-1983 (wherein they won 2 national championships in 1981 & '82)
DI - IAA (FCS) 1984 - 2011 (FCS transition years 2010, 2011) Gulf Star, Southland

DI - IA FBS (2012 - present)

That said, I look forward to seeing the brilliance of TXST alternate uniforms. Not a fan of the ones they got in 2012.

I'm kinda partial to TCU's because of the color scheme but TTU's are awesome.

Also, the helmet on the helmet project from 2008 on... has the supercat with a white outline. 2013 they got new helmets with the 'cat outlined in black.

Their Football program was D2 at one time. That was my point. Just for the record, I understand that they play D1 in other sports. Duh.

Matter of fact, I have a kid who plays in the Southland Conference right now. Do we want to continue this?

If so, there will be 11 concepts not 12. ;)

Haha you go ahead and do what you need to do Einstein. Fact of the matter is when your kid was :censored:ting yellow Southland Conference was DI and still is. I'm about as carefree as they come, so some girl/guy dangling whether or not TXST gets a uniform made on a forum is not going to make a difference in my world. My suggestion is to be the better person, ignore me, and give the fans what they want.

Haha you go ahead and do what you need to do Einstein. Fact of the matter is when your kid was :censored:ting yellow Southland Conference was DI and still is. I'm about as carefree as they come, so some girl/guy dangling whether or not TXST gets a uniform made on a forum is not going to make a difference in my world. My suggestion is to be the better person, ignore me, and give the fans what they want.

11 concepts it is then.

Meh, I don't blame Bobcatdis. I just think its funny GotPixels still hasn't acknowledged he was wrong and moved on. I don't think anyone was trying to start a war or offend anyone. If anything, they were just trying to clarify that FCS and FBS are both division I (A and AA). There is in fact NCAA Football Division II and thats not FCS. To me it more so seems like GotPixels has a complex about being proven incorrect about his previous statement.

NoTurtle2_zps14ccdacb.gif

LOL. Move along now and go play in traffic. Be sure you wait for the crossing guard to help you across the street.

This is by far is the biggest issue with this board. No Mod support. Obviously people are allowed to roam free and do as they please.

Straight up threadjacking.

When I came back, I said that I would see how it goes. Well, if this is what I have to look forward to, then it isn't worth the aggravation.

11 concepts it is then.

Which is unfair to the TXST fans that have been waiting to see what you came up with for the team. I would like to seeyou be the better person here and carry on with the project. I have faith in you and your abilities. Yes, the whole mess got sidetracked but please let it go. I'll be waiting.

Thanks bunches for making us look bad. I was/amm really enjoying this and looked forward to the TXST unis.

I wish everyone would stop pleading with him "to be the better person." That probably makes him want to do Texas state less, and at this point, the "better" thing to do might be to move on... yes I'm talking to you CatMom. As for all the other people saying that he has a "complex" with being wrong, just stop it... no one knows his thoughts like he does, so let him make his own decisions. GotPixels, I really enjoy browsing your concepts, so whatever you decide to do, don't turn back. I willl enjoy it either way. To get back to design discussion though, I really would like you to picture a little bit more of what your concepts would look like in college football. For example, your texas tech native american designs on the shoulders: to the fans that would just look like a little red line. Another example Rice's design has a lot off oddly shaped wings that don't complement each other and to most fans watching would blend together into a blob around the shoulders. Thanks, and keep up the good work...

Please keep this up, GP. I'm not talking about Texas State's concept: I'm talking about the thread in general. If you don't, I understand, but don't let a couple of bad apples ruin the whole project for you. If you really enjoy making these, then please continue.

I'm sorry you're thread got threadjacked. I'd hate to continue this, but anyone else notice that Bobcatdis and Mr.E_BOBCAT have verrryyy similar names? Especially one spelled out as "Mystery Bobcat" and they're supporting each other? I think they're just trolls

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived