GotPixels

Appreciate the feedback guys. Mr. Wonka you aren't being a downer because I considered the options before I settled with the current feel. The idea for me at least, is to keep it as subtle as possible and hopefully after seeing it repeatedly it would then become a likable, functional element. Again to be clear, it isn't a "Greek" symbol/border.

I may add some merchandise later on to show what I'm seeing.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appreciate the feedback guys. Mr. Wonka you aren't being a downer because I considered the options before I settled with the current feel. The idea for me at least, is to keep it as subtle as possible and hopefully after seeing it repeatedly it would then become a likable, functional element. Again to be clear, it isn't a "Greek" symbol/border.

I may add some merchandise later on to show what I'm seeing.

I'm going to compare it to the Seahawks 'feather' design if I may. I don't really like it anymore, but at first I really loved it. (I just think the feather design is kind of weak). This however is bold compared to that design. Seeing it everywhere shows a nice rhythm throughout the design.

I think it could be really neat to see the design inside the logo, but like I said before, sublimated so it doesn't stand out at first glance. Definitely on the right track to give them a VERY unique and permanent look.

I think it could be really neat to see the design inside the logo, but like I said before, sublimated so it doesn't stand out at first glance. Definitely on the right track to give them a VERY unique and permanent look.

That's exactly where I began, but it's not where I want it to bet just yet.

Thanks Scruggy. I just couldn't see being redundant with camouflage in 12 concepts. Don't worry, 11 more teams allows for opportunity though.

So I'm guessing you saved a camo alt for A&M, looking forward to that!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Guest darkpiranha

Ahhh... welcome back, GP. Things haven't been the same here without you.

Everything looks great so far. Love the all-black alt best, though.

Guest darkpiranha

Have you thought about making the shape of the T in the not-Greek pattern match the shape of the logo T's? It would be a subtle change, but would tie in closer.

apgn.jpg

I'm not sure if my suggestion made any sense, so I mocked up a sample.

Ahhh, that's not a bad idea at all. I like.

These are all outstanding, but I would like to see you go back to the multi-panel historical uniform sets to include Texas and SMU.

Thanks Spear. I might try that historical panel deal after my first run through with the Nike modernization.

The problem with the pattern is it's not the one you posted in the photos. It's not the same pattern as the rug, or the brim of the sombrero. It does look more Greek because of the changes you made to it.

Also, the Double-T looks odd with the "creased" look. The bevel is a stronger look, IMO.

The overall design of the unis is really good, no complaints there.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived