London Nights

Owen Sound Attack

West

Brantford Flyers

Plymouth Whalers

Sarnia Sting

Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds

Windsor Spitfires

So I'm new to the forum, but long time reader! Always been nervous to post my stuff up, but decided I might as well.

I've rebranded every team in the OHL, based on what I think is cool! I'm open for feedback and criticism to make these better. I tried to make the jersey's different so that not all of them look the same, so bare with me if some of them seem out of the box. That's not uncommon for Major Junior concepts anyways.

I decided to start simple.

Windsor Spitfires

wa0ec3.jpg

The Spits have a pretty cool brand to work with, so it's a shame they just took the Capitals brand and just worked off of that. I decided to input a new colour scheme of baby blue and red. The baby blue comes straight from a Spitfire Fighter Plane, which makes enough sense to me. I changed their primary logo from a cartoonish Spitfire and Capital-esque font to a simplified version of a commemoration logo introduced in 2007. This logo incorporates the plane trail found in a logo they used for 20 years. On the jersey I decided to take the 3 wings from the logo and apply them to the sleeve and waist stripes. The 3 red stripes are a common element on both jerseys and the logo.

If anybody is interested in following the thread let me know what team you would like to see me post next!

xOwzChW.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is beautiful! Do you have something with just the logo? Are there any other logos in the identity? The shoulders look a little bare.

I feel a little bit dumb, I don't put the logo's on the shoulders because they end up looking funny, I was suppose to include it in the graphic but I must have over-looked it!

I did make a secondary logo, kept it simple.

25p1w5e.jpg

xOwzChW.jpg

Yea, the template isn't shoulder patch friendly. I just normally just try to size it to what it might actually be and place it how it in the right spot (only about 33% of it shows). Even with that I think it could make the jersey less bare, and like you said, putting it in the presentation will help people see it better.

Just one execution note, the NHL Shield logo is on the inside patch.

North Bay Battalion

vhezps.jpg

The Battalion have always had really cool jerseys, simply because of the colour. On the other hand, it is a little boring, and the logo shape just looks dated to me. What I wanted to accomplish was taking the colour scheme and general idea and making it more bold- emphasizing the uniqueness of the brand. I re-designed the logo to keep the cartoonish feel to it by distorting the font, while making it more classic by confining it to a circle. I designed a more modern, stylized version of their current forearm patch and put it on the shoulder. The collar is red to substitute for the red bars that I got rid of.

xOwzChW.jpg

wow, I was worried to see someone touch the OHL, but so far so good. I love the Spitfire's new colours and I like how you kept the baby diarrhea colours for North Bay. My favourite OHL teams are the Generals, Petes and Wolves. I think the Wolves is the only one that may need a touch up so it will be interesting to see what you come up with. As for a team I want to see next, definately the Ice Dogs. They desperately need a rebranding, hopefully back to the Iron Dog - Mississauga days.

These are too good. No real complaints. Can't wait for my Rangers! A bit of differentiating from NY?

Huge difference between what I did for Kitchener and what New York wears! I'll finish that one up now.

wow, I was worried to see someone touch the OHL, but so far so good. I love the Spitfire's new colours and I like how you kept the baby diarrhea colours for North Bay. My favourite OHL teams are the Generals, Petes and Wolves. I think the Wolves is the only one that may need a touch up so it will be interesting to see what you come up with. As for a team I want to see next, definately the Ice Dogs. They desperately need a rebranding, hopefully back to the Iron Dog - Mississauga days.

Funny enough, I did some relocations- The Ice Dogs being one of them. I'll post that one up after the Rangers

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

xOwzChW.jpg

KITCHENER RANGERS

aypp45.jpg

The initial goal of this set was to separate the Kitchener Rangers from the New York Rangers as much as I could without changing the iconic name. Best way to do that? By using their superb Alternate logo as the base. Something about this logo and colour scheme screams vertical arm stripes, and I was convinced I could make it work. Based on the colour scheme, traditional vertical arm stripes would look tacky- and that's the last thing I wanted. Instead I went for a modern rounded stripe that I feel suits the logo quite well. I wanted to stem away from the whole classic look they've had for all the years and give them something fresh. The next obstacle I faced was the hem, I felt the need to put the team name on the jersey since they've been doing so for 50 years. I took the LA Kings approach, but in a sublimated fashion, and I think it turned out decently (if you're into that sort of thing)

29z91l3.jpg

I also made an alternate for the Rangers. The challenge for this was to keep it looking like the Kitchener Rangers brand, while still applying the diagonal text. I feel like if they did re-brand, they would like to incorporate it somehow. So I made the jersey red, something NY has never done, and I kept the jersey style used for the home and away. I didn't use hem stripes because they looked really tacky, so I exempt them for modern-nesses sake.

xOwzChW.jpg

North Bay Battalion

vhezps.jpg

The Battalion have always had really cool jerseys, simply because of the colour. On the other hand, it is a little boring, and the logo shape just looks dated to me. What I wanted to accomplish was taking the colour scheme and general idea and making it more bold- emphasizing the uniqueness of the brand. I re-designed the logo to keep the cartoonish feel to it by distorting the font, while making it more classic by confining it to a circle. I designed a more modern, stylized version of their current forearm patch and put it on the shoulder. The collar is red to substitute for the red bars that I got rid of.

The Battalion was a team I felt needed tweaking.. The structure here is not bad but I would suggest incorporating a poppy into the logo. Maybe at the front of the hat? And a dash more black

Mississauga Ice Dogs (Mississauga Steelheads)

2mpmnb8.jpg

The Ice Dogs are back! Not really though, we can pretend. I'm a Mississauga native and I've always loved the Ice Dogs branding, whether it was the Iron Dog or Don's Blue on the chest. As for the St. Michael's Majors and Steelheads... Not nearly as much love. The Majors were a team adopted by Sauga from Toronto, and I never felt right cheering for a team that Eugene Melnyk only brought here for the Hershey Centre. You could imagine my excitement when they began rebranding, but the Steelheads brand is even worse! You fish for the steelhead trout in the credit river, why do I want my team to be named after that? On top of that, we use the Leafs jerseys. Living in Toronto now, I can tell you that Mississauga and T.O. are 2 entirely different places, meaning Sauga deserves their OWN identity. I carried over the striping pattern left over by the Dogs when they left here the first time, putting the hem stripes on an angle to match the logo's aggressiveness.

15gt9io.jpg

Another team I have prepared an alternate for! I brought back the Iron Dog, with some national pride. The Dogs have worn the Canadian leaf since their inception, so I thought why not make a zany jersey to cohere to that. I also kept the M behind the Iron Dog, never understood why they would take them off the jerseys, they look good there if you ask me.

Also! I'll work on the Battalion's jersey, I don't know how keen I am on making black a more prominent colour. I think the palette is evened out nicely, but I will give it a shot regardless. As for the poppy, I think that's a great idea!

Otters next!

xOwzChW.jpg

Archived