OHL Re-Brand (entire league complete) *OUTDOOR CLASSIC ADDED*

_nxche

Awesome work, but I think it'd be cool to add teams or relocate some. I've always thought that Brantford should have a team, or Chatham. Maybe promote the Chatham Maroons to the OHL.

I actually did move a team to Brantford, I'll post it up next!

Your concepts are things of beauty _nxche...I especially love Soo, Erie and North Bay. Seems like it would be hard to do the OHL - you're walking a thin line between intentionally keeping a minor/junior league look while still trying to look respectable and avoid looking hokey. You're walking that line quite nicely. Kudos!

That was my main concern when I started this, but the fact that there are a number of things to take into account makes it that much more fun! Thank you.

xOwzChW.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are all great so far, the only issue that I could really see a possibility in would be the White Erie one. I'd add a white wave in between the double blue so there was consistency in the striping pattern.

It would also be nice to see a throwback for the Whalers like a Detroit Compuware Ambassadors or a fauxback like the Hartford Whalers type thing.

PS. I hope St Mike's is back since Ice Dogs are back in Sauga.

Brantford Flyers (Saginaw Spirit)

DISCLAIMER

The relocation for this set seems pretty practical if you ask me! The logistics behind relegating Saginaw aren't extremely detailed. Long story short, Brantford should have another chance at having an OHL team. Many people would say Waterloo deserves it more, but then you get into the politics of Kitchener and all that mumbo jumbo. Notwithstanding, the Spirit brand is back in Ontario and back under the Flyers name. The reason for this is because the Spirit were formally known as the Niagra Falls Flyers, and it's a no brainer to bring them back and adopt the Flyers colour palette. They were the Centennials when they were in North Bay after the 40 years in Niagra but the name Centennials honours the North Bay railroad that was 100 years old at the time.

o05b9h.jpg

The Brantford logo is based off of the Philly logo, with obvious differences- mainly the letter "B". The jerseys are also based on the Philly brand, but more modern. Like a new Flyers you could say? I don't know, I think it turned out pretty cool and still gives Brantford their own identity.

As for the Majors, I wasn't planning on bringing an OHL team back to Toronto since the inception of the Marlies... but I might dabble into that after I finish the 20 teams!

I'll fix up the Otters and let me know which one you guys like better.

xOwzChW.jpg

To comment on the Flyers shoulder patch. The lettering shouldn't be upside down.

Haha, why does everybody say that? Do you think it would just look nicer right-side up? The only reason I added the "Hockey Club" was because it was something that wasn't really needed, so it didn't matter if you could read it immediately or not. Just thought it would be cool to have text that flows all the way around the circle. Really just an aesthetics thing. But yea, does it look bad upside down?

xOwzChW.jpg

To comment on the Flyers shoulder patch. The lettering shouldn't be upside down.

Haha, why does everybody say that? Do you think it would just look nicer right-side up? The only reason I added the "Hockey Club" was because it was something that wasn't really needed, so it didn't matter if you could read it immediately or not. Just thought it would be cool to have text that flows all the way around the circle. Really just an aesthetics thing. But yea, does it look bad upside down?

It doesn't look right because I've never seen it done like that before. I think it would flow better to the eye if it was right side up. Almost like reading a book, the eye wants to go back to read left to right, not right not left and upside down. Know what I'm sayin?

Owen Sound Attack

v4taba.jpg

The Attack just recently decided to drop the sharp striping pattern (not sharp as in elegant and bold, but literally sharp as weird shapes) for a more traditional look. They also opt for a red jersey rather than a black one. I think the new striping pattern is far to conservative compared to what they had before, I tried to find a happy medium. I could imagine how modern the originals were in 2000, so I tried to match that up. The stripe pattern I made is less aggressive than the 2000 set but far less conservative 2011 version. I used side panelling rather than a waist stripe because I felt like if it suited any jersey I've designed for this project, than it's this one. I used black because I feel like it better suits a team with a name like attack. I also removed the "Owen Sound" wordmark because the logo is far more captivating on its lonesome.

Flyers edit coming soon, any requests for a new one?

C&C always appreciated!

xOwzChW.jpg

Archived