OHL Re-Brand (entire league complete) *OUTDOOR CLASSIC ADDED*

_nxche

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, well I was nervous for the Wolves, I too wouldnt want to change the logo even though it desperately needs it. I'm glad you went with the next best thing. However, I would leave blue off the logo. Keep that old logo as an Alternate and you are safe!

Guelph looks great in Maroon however, the Petes are Maroon and always have been. I can see the Black and White becoming the regular colour scheme.

Btw, those centre ice's (come on you are Canadian, spell it the right way haha) are amazing. I would have never thought they could be so unique considering they are often overlooked.

I could put white in the place of blue? I was hesitant to put blue there, but I personally don't like when a team's primary colour isn't used on a logo. I guess I could make an exception and see how it looks.

As for the Storm, that's definitely one of the reason I took the Maroon away! They needed their own identity and no team in the OHL, or NHL at that matter, have a simple black and white colour scheme. (Armada from the Q are the only other team, correct me if I'm wrong) Really gives them a look of their own for once. At first glance it looks too simple, but the more I look at it the more it grows on me. I'm going to toy around with grey as suggested, just in case though.

Speaking of things that are over looked, the spelling of centre might be one... at least I spelt them right in the actual concepts though, right? Haha! Appreciate the kind words.

xOwzChW.jpg

Well maybe trim Guelph with Lightning Blue or Maroon so it can keep some of its old identity. Just as an accent colour. I just never really liked Black/White designs, even with silver; Its still a nice concept though, but that's also what Alternate Jerseys are for. Besides, Peterborough would look killer in a Maroon/Tan colour scheme, further distancing itself from Guelph. It all depends on what you other concepts colours are.

As for the Wolves, I'd put a very light grey the blue areas. Also a Green and Gold alternate would be interesting haha, that's if you decide to to throwbacks and alternates.

Well maybe trim Guelph with Lightning Blue or Maroon so it can keep some of its old identity. Just as an accent colour. I just never really liked Black/White designs, even with silver; Its still a nice concept though, but that's also what Alternate Jerseys are for. Besides, Peterborough would look killer in a Maroon/Tan colour scheme, further distancing itself from Guelph. It all depends on what you other concepts colours are.

As for the Wolves, I'd put a very light grey the blue areas. Also a Green and Gold alternate would be interesting haha, that's if you decide to to throwbacks and alternates.

I added a Penguins style Vegas Gold to the Pete's set from their 50th anniversary logo, I think we might both be thinking about the same colour. Turned out really cool, I'll post that one up soon.

I might do some retro/fauxbacks/specialty jerseys as well so I will keep that in mind, until then I have something you requested earlier coming up next.

xOwzChW.jpg

PS. I hope St Mike's is back since Ice Dogs are back in Sauga.

a0yx4j.jpg

For one night only, the Dogs play a game at St. Micheals College in front of 1,600 students- while dawning these St. Mikes specialty jerseys.

xOwzChW.jpg

Yes we are thinking the same colour I believe.

I love that the St Mikes are back even if its only for one night in fantasy-land! If one of the shoulder patches had the clover on it, it would be perfect!! Also, why the gold outline? I have never seen it before.

Yes we are thinking the same colour I believe.

I love that the St Mikes are back even if its only for one night in fantasy-land! If one of the shoulder patches had the clover on it, it would be perfect!! Also, why the gold outline? I have never seen it before.

Check out the graphic again, I added the clover!

And in regards to the gold outline, this is where it's from. It was on the Majors jersey when they actually played at St. Mikes before coming to Sauga.

xOwzChW.jpg

Oh wow, so subtle, never noticed on the ice. And the jersey is perfect now!!

EDIT: Upon further inspection on Chris Creamer's logos, I realize they all had gold in the M. No clue how I missed it, I guess it was just so subtle and nowhere on the actual jersey. Also the Sauga one had no gold which made me think they were all the same... I feel stupid lmfao

Ottawa 67's

mb622o.jpg

I just really wanted to give the 67's an updated, modern look. I introduce a new logo, really simple but really modern. The font of the logo keeps similarity's with their traditional logo. As for the jerseys, I wanted to give it a modern look while keeping the barber pole design... As you could imagine this was a heavy task. Eventually I came up with the idea of sublimated barber poles on the torso (which carry on to the back) and a new modern sleeve design.

2lu3ypw.jpg

For the alternate I wanted to draw on the whole Ottawa connection, because I know fans would feed off of that. So I tributed the Sen's alternate jersey just enough, with a blend of the sublimated stripes, and a new "OTTAWA" wordmark going diagonally across the chest.

6jnlfb.jpg

xOwzChW.jpg

Sad to see the true barber poles go, but this is good enough. One thing though, it would look cleaner if the poles matched the flow of the waist stripes - I dont know how else to say it, make then the same intervals. I'm sure you know what I'm getting at.

I must say that I was going to complain about the lack of barber pole, but on second thought, the sublimation is quite nice. I think I'd say I like their current jersey by a hair, may be an unpopular opinion, but as a concept, not considering their current look, this is a sweet concept. Keep it up!

To be honest with you, I like the concept, but for the 67's I think it's a little misguided. Ottawa is a team that has tried somewhat to futurize their look a couple of times, but failed doing it and went back to what worked. Not that their current set is perfect, but heading in the opposite direction would be a mistake for the team.

Now, as a concept, it looks pretty slick. I'm not a fan of the new logo, as it's a bit too slick (again, especially for the 67's.) I think the current logo or your shoulder-patch would work nicely for that. The sublimated barber poles are a neat touch.

I really like this myself, but I wouldn't want to see my 67's on the ice wearing them. They'd be perfect for a team like the Vancouver Giants of the Rouyn Noranda Huskies, but not this team.

BTW, I really like all your work on this series.

To be honest with you, I like the concept, but for the 67's I think it's a little misguided. Ottawa is a team that has tried somewhat to futurize their look a couple of times, but failed doing it and went back to what worked. Not that their current set is perfect, but heading in the opposite direction would be a mistake for the team.

Now, as a concept, it looks pretty slick. I'm not a fan of the new logo, as it's a bit too slick (again, especially for the 67's.) I think the current logo or your shoulder-patch would work nicely for that. The sublimated barber poles are a neat touch.

I really like this myself, but I wouldn't want to see my 67's on the ice wearing them. They'd be perfect for a team like the Vancouver Giants of the Rouyn Noranda Huskies, but not this team.

Definitely disappointing to know an Ottawa native didn't like the design, even though I wanted to make concepts that wouldn't necessarily be a practical idea, I still want to make something that the team could potentially wear. I'm definitely getting into some dangerous territory with these changes (Guelph colours, Sudbury logo). I might tone the overhauling down a bit with the coming designs... Maybe not though, I'll see where the wind takes me! Haha.

I'll get back to the drawing board on this one, though! Thanks for the criticisms, much appreciated! As a side note, I consider their shoulder patch their primary logo! Just didn't know if I should put it on the front of the sweater or not.

xOwzChW.jpg

Definitely disappointing to know an Ottawa native didn't like the design, even though I wanted to make concepts that wouldn't necessarily be a practical idea, I still want to make something that the team could potentially wear. I'm definitely getting into some dangerous territory with these changes (Guelph colours, Sudbury logo). I might tone the overhauling down a bit with the coming designs... Maybe not though, I'll see where the wind takes me! Haha.

I'll get back to the drawing board on this one, though! Thanks for the criticisms, much appreciated! As a side note, I consider their shoulder patch their primary logo! Just didn't know if I should put it on the front of the sweater or not.

Oh, don't get me wrong, It's a great design and I like it; and if Ottawa got another OHL team or the Olympiques rebranded I would be more than happy to see them roll onto the ice wearing those.

I just thought that it didn't fit the 67's identity and our current logos take a lot of history from the team and I wouldn't like to see them go.

Funny, I guess I'm the only one who likes the original better. IMO your logo worked better than the one on the second jersey set does.

How you said about the Armada being one of the only teams with a black and white color scheme, there's also TPS Turku of the Liiga (Finland) who, like the Armada have really sharp jerseys.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/europeantrophy/9648674720/in/set-72157635328612373/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/europeantrophy/9710052014/in/set-72157635452558074

(Don't know why it wouldn't let me upload these directly)

Too bad not many people care about Euro hockey.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Archived