Seattle Supersonics Modernization (Complete) - Alternates

SFGiants58

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the C+C guys. I wasn't really too sure about making it a primary because of cumbersome size. I can see that my suspicions were confirmed. So, I decided to take the skyline logo and add the Boeing 2707 to it. I got the idea from a Rockets concept I did a couple of years ago, and modified it to fit its inspiration.

12317130214_7c103ff620_b.jpg

A full logo sheet and court will be coming soon.

It+s...beautiful+_ae21f7dd0231ab7d96eb8f

It's...beautiful.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Here's the updated logo sheet:

12332557124_bc61056588_b.jpg

Here is the court. I've decided to keep it simple with the design (as the Sonics have never really had any "wild" courts), using some colored key areas, and the yellow wordmarks from the 70's-90's court design. I gave it the name "Amazon Arena" because Amazon is based in Seattle and the alliteration was too good to pass up on:

12332103295_abe0ba6ffd_b.jpg

Up next, uniforms!

That, good sir, is what Seattle should look like. Very nice!

If anything, experiment with the jet breaking the outline of the logo. Not by much but just enough to maybe help with the crowding of the ball. Someone a few posts back suggested making it fly up, but I'd say keep it on it's current trajectory and extend it slightly outside of the ball. I think the wordmark could stand to be toned down a bit as well. It seems a wee bit too sharp and angled compared to a mostly round logo package.

This is getting better and better. Can't wait to see the unis.

I love all of this but the uniforms should be the same exact ones they wore before they left. Not only because they are second to none, but there also needs to be a little continuation shown from the previous franchise (I'm not a fan of the different Charlotte Hornets look).

Well, here is the updated logo sheet and court:

12353701394_0b7ccfe5ce_b.jpg

12353705644_b7cbf5ac0a_b.jpg

Now, the most important part: the home and road uniforms. It was obvious that I was going to update the classic uniforms of 75-95, while taking cues from the final set. I merged the two looks, using the color distribution and side panel design of the later set (minus the shorts flare made for the "S" insignia of that set), while the color scheme and front arch panel comes from the classic look. The outlining scheme is influenced by the 75-95 look, but with the double-outline scheme of the rest of the set. The shorts logo is my update of the skyline (with the "S" Space Needle logo on the belt), and the lettering font uses the same scheme as the rest of my design package. The number font is a double outlined version of the MLB Boston Red Sox number font, which I thought went well with the "neo-retro-future" look (with it's odd angles and curves, like the lettering font). That, and the "Space Frigate" font's numbers looks dreadful and NBA varsity fonts look a little too plain for the Sonics' aesthetic.

Home

12250203994_2bf553e8c4_c.jpg

Road

12250330116_2e48d7e353_c.jpg

Up next, alternates! (p.s. Thank you Tim O'Brien for the wonderful psd template!)

Yup that's what I was talkng about and it does help a bit with the crowding. I think one last tweak and it will be perfect. It's the stream coming from the end of the jet. It just takes up too much space in a logo where space is at a premium. I think making it green and thinning it out like the stream on the old school logo would make this perfect. Plus it would be a nice callback to that old logo for you since it is your favorite.

The uniforms are awesome. I didn't love the font in relation to the logos but they look really nice on the jerseys, especially the numbers. I'm a big fan of the green uni because that's my favorite color. Again, this is really turning out pretty well. Good work.

I think you could improve the jet by making the contrail less active near the jet. Just four simple lines coming from the engines and linking together.

Overall this entire set is fantastic! I'm ready for the Sonics to come back!

28mmjrr.jpg

Thanks for the C+C guys, I tried several contrail options. The green contrail blurred in with the rest of the logo, and the four-to-one contrail looked too busy. So, I compromised and went with a white contrail that tails off.

12359864635_ef07e5fbe5_c.jpg

12360019533_366afa815b_b.jpg

12360392514_39e1c2cff4_b.jpg

With a white, tapering contrail, not only is it cleaner and less sizable than the old one, it also alludes to the inaugural logo/tertiary.

I love all of this but the uniforms should be the same exact ones they wore before they left. Not only because they are second to none, but there also needs to be a little continuation shown from the previous franchise (I'm not a fan of the different Charlotte Hornets look).

You mean the uniforms synonymous with Howard Schultz and losing the team to OKC? Not a chance.

Archived