NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but the typeface here is clouding my vision on seeing any kind of message here. I can't describe how much I cringed when I saw this photo (from a design standpoint).

B4X_obqIEAALxqK.jpg

#DesignerProblems

Yea, my reaction too. The font chioice is taking away most of the effect of the message. This photo can actually be used in graphic design education of how a font choice can emphasize/dilute a message.

Are you kidding me!? As a designer, I hate Comic Sans just as much as the rest of you, but really, the font choice dilutes the message? Clearly this wasn't generated by designers because its not about the font, its about the message and has nothing to do with sports. Jesus Christ you guys.

The font is part of the message, as others have already said. The purpose of graphic design is to convey a message using visual cues, such as fonts, which all have a certain feel to them. As a graphic designer, you should know that. Setting that message in Comic Sans gives it a feeling of not being said seriously.

I'm sorry, but the typeface here is clouding my vision on seeing any kind of message here. I can't describe how much I cringed when I saw this photo (from a design standpoint).

B4X_obqIEAALxqK.jpg

#DesignerProblems

Yea, my reaction too. The font chioice is taking away most of the effect of the message. This photo can actually be used in graphic design education of how a font choice can emphasize/dilute a message.

Are you kidding me!? As a designer, I hate Comic Sans just as much as the rest of you, but really, the font choice dilutes the message? Clearly this wasn't generated by designers because its not about the font, its about the message and has nothing to do with sports. Jesus Christ you guys.

The font is part of the message, as others have already said. The purpose of graphic design is to convey a message using visual cues, such as fonts, which all have a certain feel to them. As a graphic designer, you should know that. Setting that message in Comic Sans gives it a feeling of not being said seriously.

I must be missing something.

Is that not a serious message?

Edit: Skimming skills have failed me once again. I agree, the font conveys a playful vibe, when the message is anything but.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Let's do a test:

Which one of these looks more serious?

B4X_obqIEAALxqK.jpg

ONX47jB.jpg

Which one of these looks more comical?

wKVusOV.jpg

MvIeBvF.jpg

Like it or not, font choice becomes part of the tone of the message. Nobody is trying to imply that the I Can't Breathe movement isn't serious. But a more appropriate font choice would've made a stronger statement on these shirts.

B4X_obqIEAALxqK.jpg

#DesignerProblems

It's a serious message in itself, but it feels like not being said seriously, when set in that font. What's not understandable?

JPDesign, thank you.

B4X_obqIEAALxqK.jpg

#DesignerProblems

It's a serious message in itself, but it feels like not being said seriously, when set in that font. What's not understandable?

JPDesign, thank you.

My apologies, I misunderstood the point you were making.

I thought you were arguing that this is not a serious statement and that the font choice is suitable.

Time for me to stop skimming!

I agree with you and jp

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

What are you trying to prove here? You don't think players should voice their opinions on something they're affected by.

We're getting completely away from the topic, its probably better I don't engage with you further because I already see where this is heading.

How are Milionare NBA players affected by what the Police do ? Do they have alot of contact with police officers on a daily basis ? Oh mentally affected, then you would think they also would be "affected" by the US hostages that was beheaded, why don´t they also wear t-shirts with a message for them, and countless other causes.

-

Nah, this is some bull , they clearly only wear t-shirts when a black person is wronged, you know what that is, that is :censored:ing racist !

What are you trying to prove here? You don't think players should voice their opinions on something they're affected by.

We're getting completely away from the topic, its probably better I don't engage with you further because I already see where this is heading.

How are Milionare NBA players affected by what the Police do ? Do they have alot of contact with police officers on a daily basis ? Oh mentally affected, then you would think they also would be "affected" by the US hostages that was beheaded, why don´t they also wear t-shirts with a message for them, and countless other causes.

-

Nah, this is some bull , they clearly only wear t-shirts when a black person is wronged, you know what that is, that is :censored:ing racist !

You clearly don't understand. .the more you comment the more your comments reflect what's going on. You clearly can't see both sides of the situation. Its ok. But the more you open your mouth the uglier(close-minded) you sound. Sorry but lets talk more about uniforms.
shado_logo.gif

-

Because the majority are black who come from inner cities. Back home their friends and family are the people affected by these things. They (and I along with others around the country) feel that Eric garner was unjustly killed because he was black.

Everything you comment on these boards is extremely idiotic and makes you look very stupid.

-

Because the majority are black who come from inner cities. Back home their friends and family are the people affected by these things. They (and I along with others around the country) feel that Eric garner was unjustly killed because he was black.

Everything you comment on these boards is extremely idiotic and makes you look very stupid.

Everything i comment on these boards is extremely idiotic ? Well, thanks for checking out my posts , great to have someone follow you around :)

-

And i am stupid as well ? Well that´s okay, i would rather be stupid then a racist that only reacts (and is allowed to on court) when someone of my own race gets killed/beaten.

That's all I have to say about that.

Now back on topic.....any new sleeved jerseys announced ? :D

-

Everything i comment on these boards is extremely idiotic ? Well, thanks for checking out my posts , great to have someone follow you around :)

-

And i am stupid as well ? Well that´s okay, i would rather be stupid then a racist that only reacts (and is allowed to on court) when someone of my own race gets killed/beaten.

That's all I have to say about that.

Now back on topic.....any new sleeved jerseys announced ? :D

Dude you honestly sound like an idiot on most posts. I think you might be Rays in disguise, because you guys both say some really immoral things.

I don't wanna derail this topic any further, but IMO the cops were just @$$holes who used very excessive and ultimately lethal force on Garner.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Now everyone is wearing those t-shirts, a bit surprised they are allowed to wear shirts with messages on- - What for instance the US invaded/attacked a country and you were against it, would you be allowed to wear a shirt with a political message saying perhaps "stop bombing, i can´t breathe" or other clever stuff. where do the league draw the line......there can´t be a line, so you are allowed to wear whatever you want, or is it only what the NBA bosses think is the right opinion ?

Of course they could. It's called freedom of speech. You should look it up sometime. It's in this thing called the Bill of Rights.

And after reading through some of your other posts on this thread, you realize that you sound like a huge hypocrite right? While advocating your own right to free speech your debasing professional athletes that same right.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I love color-on-color and I love both of these uniforms... but green-on-teal is a bad, bad idea.

460261952_10.jpg?itok=Fd-M97Zr

Remember when the Knicks, in orange, took on the Hawks in red? Remember how ugly it was? Remember how the NBA said they wouldn't allow that to happen again?

Welp.

Archived