NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Christmas jerseys suck, as usual.

Somehow their even more sucky this year
Historically awful, let's take every team's template and throw a teeny tiny logo above standard numbers and an off color nameplate below the numbers on the back. To top it all off we'll throw in a pair of argyle socks as well. What an absolute mess.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really got me was, no matter how long the player's name was, the contrasting nameplate was always the same, full length. Lazy and bad and what should I expect at this point.

CFBM, your NCAA mention has me searching my memory. I know Chicago State did the under-number contrasting nameplate for a while around the turn of the century. Did anyone else?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What really got me was, no matter how long the player's name was, the contrasting nameplate was always the same, full length. Lazy and bad and what should I expect at this point.

CFBM, your NCAA mention has me searching my memory. I know Chicago State did the under-number contrasting nameplate for a while around the turn of the century. Did anyone else?

KWXsA5b.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Adidas should just be ashamed of themselves for this garbage. Are they actually selling enough of this crap to warrant continuing to do this every year? When the pics first surfaced I was just happy they didn't have sleeves, so I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt until I saw them in live action on tv. After seeing them today, I thought they looked even worse on tv then in the pics. They just need to bring back the damn snowflake and be done with it. As a side note, it is also bugging the hell out of me that the nba logo is not on the front of the jerseys anymore. It makes the jerseys look incomplete and generic.

I think I found the Cavs the least offensive of all of them. I think it's because the name plate was the same color as the number.

122514-600-lebron-james.jpg

Well, Miami, LAL, San Antonio, Golden State and OKC all had nameplates that matched the color of the number.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think I found the Cavs the least offensive of all of them. I think it's because the name plate was the same color as the number.

122514-600-lebron-james.jpg

Well, Miami, LAL, San Antonio, Golden State and OKC all had nameplates that matched the color of the number.

I should have been more clear with what I meant. All those other jerseys had multiple colors. For the Cavs, their jersey is just two colors, making the nameplate fit in nicely. Sure those other ones did match the numbers, but the jersey trim or the outline of the numbers made it feel cluttered. This two-color look the Cavs have actually helped the look a little.

Go A's!

KWXsA5b.jpg
Combined with Jordan brand's:

Joseph_Forte.jpg

Pretty interesting move by the Jazz, who wore navy at home against the Sixers (sorry, my phone's camera blows). There's only one other time that I can remember Utah wearing navy at home. It happened to be last year against Denver (who also happened to be wearing their away uniforms). Faaaaaaaaaaascinating.XMBdBnG.jpgv2uNRfE.jpg

This was mentioned in another thread but at the start of the year is usually when we hear what teams are getting new uniforms for the next year.

So far, Toronto, Atlanta (more likely), Portland (changed their minds but might),Milwaukee (possible too, new owners suggested that they may), Houston(few tweaks but still might have a new alternate uni), anybody else?

shado_logo.gif

This was mentioned in another thread but at the start of the year is usually when we hear what teams are getting new uniforms for the next year.

So far, Toronto, Atlanta (more likely), Portland (changed their minds but might),Milwaukee (possible too, new owners suggested that they may), Houston(few tweaks but still might have a new alternate uni), anybody else?

The Sixers will most likely have new uniforms for 2015 based on various reports.

Archived