NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Marketing degree here. All I can say is everything everyone is saying is true. If it was up to most companies. They'd put advertisement on diapers!

Corporations need to draw the line though because after jerseys. I fear it wont stop there. American sports will still have commercials. Period. We already have tvs with nothing but commercials at the pump at gas stations! Soon sidewalks or even all cars will be covered by ads.(far fetched but possible)

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Target is based in MN, and (I would assume, I'm not sure) is something that Minnesotans are proud of.

Yeah, definitely. Target ranks ahead of Prince, Al Franken, and Garrison Keillor, but behind Mystery Science Theater 3000, Paul Westerberg, and the inability to say goodbye in under 45 minutes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As for the uniforms, I'd like to see them go back to the Iverson era black,gold, red, and blue but I don't see it happening. It's a shame because they were unique.

Yea, because when I think of 1776, the first thing that comes to mind is the colors of the spirit of independence from the British - black and gold, along with red and blue.

The Dr J-era 76'ers logo is brilliant and going back to it was a step in the right direction for the organization. Now, about that roster...

Marketing degree here. All I can say is everything everyone is saying is true. If it was up to most companies. They'd put advertisement on diapers!

Corporations need to draw the line though because after jerseys. I fear it wont stop there. American sports will still have commercials. Period. We already have tvs with nothing but commercials at the pump at gas stations! Soon sidewalks or even all cars will be covered by ads.(far fetched but possible)

It's a business and given the willingness for ownership groups to overpay for franchises and contracts, there's a constant need to monetize, extract untapped equity, and find new revenue sources in order to justify insane expenditures and valuations.

We've now entered the era where there will not be a single aspect of pro sports that will not be available for sponsorship. Uniform ads are inevitable in all sports, the only issue is timing which is an accidental byproduct of not being able to agree upon how the revenue will be collected/shared, not from a lack of desire to collect it.

Archived