NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

It still amazes me that the Wizards haven't introduced the alt yet. It's been 3 years since the rebrand. Meanwhile Suns and Hornets haven't waited a single day to introduce a third uniform. They've had a succesful year, they've got two young stars... I would be really surprised if they don't introduce any extra uniforms this year.

Is there an alt for them or you hoping there is one? They can't really recolor their current set much, so if they have an alt, it has to be something completely different

Navy blue as the primary color?

This is from Conrad based off an idea I had. It would work as well if the back stripe is removed...

washserd_zpsf0923bd5.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still amazes me that the Wizards haven't introduced the alt yet. It's been 3 years since the rebrand. Meanwhile Suns and Hornets haven't waited a single day to introduce a third uniform. They've had a succesful year, they've got two young stars... I would be really surprised if they don't introduce any extra uniforms this year.

Is there an alt for them or you hoping there is one? They can't really recolor their current set much, so if they have an alt, it has to be something completely different

This is my pure speculation that they could earn some extra cash by releasing one.

If they did get one, I think its not going to be a recolor. Something new would be preferable.

Talking about mudding a brand, an alternate with a different template is what does that.

I still have no clue what anyone sees in that uniform set.

Couldn't agree more. My least favorite recent rebrand among the major 3 sports (sorry I don't follow hockey). I feel like that stripe just ruins the whole set and makes the numbers look like crap. They just need to get rid of the stripe and move it to the side panel and make it consistent with the shorts and keep the jerseys one color. I know that totally blands the set but sometimes less is more.

When I first saw the Wizards uniforms I found them awsome. But now, I really miss their old look. For me this was the best modern look of the league!

john_wall_slam_144_1.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

When I first saw the Wizards uniforms I found them awsome. But now, I really miss their old look. For me this was the best modern look of the league!

john_wall_slam_144_1.jpg

I loved their old set. There new set is boring with red white and blue . The same jerseys with the old colors would be much better

john_wall_slam_144_1.jpg

I loved their old set. There new set is boring with red white and blue . The same jerseys with the old colors would be much better

Honestly, the entire Bullets identity is extremely overrated to me. The name, the colors, the jerseys, everything. I just don't understand the love for it, or why it's considered to be so much better than the previous Wizards identity. I never cared for the jerseys the current set is based on either, I always thought they resembled bathing suits a bit too much.

unseld_300_080515.jpg

I wish the Wizards would've tried a jersey set based on this:

arenas_wizards.jpg

The only thing that was wrong with that for me was the jersey and pants being different colors. Match them up, and that's a pretty good design.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I still have no clue what anyone sees in that uniform set.

Couldn't agree more. My least favorite recent rebrand among the major 3 sports (sorry I don't follow hockey). I feel like that stripe just ruins the whole set and makes the numbers look like crap. They just need to get rid of the stripe and move it to the side panel and make it consistent with the shorts and keep the jerseys one color. I know that totally blands the set but sometimes less is more.
They got rid of the back stripe last year...

Honestly, the entire Bullets identity is extremely overrated to me. The name, the colors, the jerseys, everything. I just don't understand the love for it, or why it's considered to be so much better than the previous Wizards identity. I never cared for the jerseys the current set is based on either, I always thought they resembled bathing suits a bit too much.

unseld_300_080515.jpg

I wish the Wizards would've tried a jersey set based on this:

arenas_wizards.jpg

The only thing that was wrong with that for me was the jersey and pants being different colors. Match them up, and that's a pretty good design.

Completely agree. .their entire set is overrated. The Gold unis with the stars were great if they matched. Use that as a concept base and voilà! ?
shado_logo.gif

The Bullets name is so fondly remembered because the Wizards name (and initial identity) was trendy minor league garbage. "Bullets" isn't a great name, but it became elevated when compared to what was chosen to replace it.

I mentioned a few days ago about the different number fonts on the banners hanging at the Sixers workout facility...now there is a story floating locally about a potential logo adjustment...(not Ben Franklin related).....

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/07/could-the-sixers-be-making-the-most-minor-tweak-to-their-logo.html

they're finally doing my idea:

76logosheet3.png

The modernized rounder basketball would be cleaner. The Sixers need to get rid of the awful primary. Yes, the one that never shows up much of anywhere, with the big obnoxious red block behind the ball logo with the blue block with "PHILADELPHIA" italicized below. If the primary needs to have the city name, put it in a roundel. Do something creative with it, not just plopping rectangles behind it. So afterthought.

qlpk0etqwelv8artgc7tvqefu.gif

The addition of Ben Frank secondary is really stupid. Just why? It's recycled, too. They had that the last time Phila was to host the ASG (2002) and was actually done much, much better:

aq4kd00qc57i1hrwyz8eee4zf.gif

Also, someone asked "what did the Kings change?" Well, it's not the script, they've had that for years. Which I dislike - it's awkward and doesn't fit and the squiggle in the K is stupid looking. They pulled one of these:

2002-2014:

833.gif

2014-Pres

Sacramento_Kings_logosheet_zpsa2125241.j

They straightened the crown, and got rid of the silver in it. Bold move. :P:Oo:

Also, the "SK" secondary is gone. Probably one of the best secondaries in the league, nixed. :Oo:

The modernized rounder basketball would be cleaner. The Sixers need to get rid of the awful primary. Yes, the one that never shows up much of anywhere, with the big obnoxious red block behind the ball logo with the blue block with "PHILADELPHIA" italicized below. If the primary needs to have the city name, put it in a roundel. Do something creative with it, not just plopping rectangles behind it. So afterthought.

The addition of Ben Frank secondary is really stupid. Just why? It's recycled, too. They had that the last time Phila was to host the ASG (2002) and was actually done much, much better:

Also, someone asked "what did the Kings change?" Well, it's not the script, they've had that for years. Which I dislike - it's awkward and doesn't fit and the squiggle in the K is stupid looking. They pulled one of these:

2002-2014:

833.gif

2014-Pres

Also, the "SK" secondary is gone. Probably one of the best secondaries in the league, nixed. :Oo:

Well I'll eat my crow, as I was convinced they were going to change the primary jerseys' wordmarks. Now I'm actually disappointed. It's a missed opportunity for them.

Kinda lame changes for the Kings. The SK logo was one of my favorite logos of the bunch.

And they are still going to use that awful white-on-white wordmark.

It also bothers me that the team has a ridiculous amount of different font wordmarks. The logo, stacked, uniform, and cursive wordmarks are all different, though I guess the "Kings" in the logo and "Kings" on the away jersey might be the same, just upper/lower case.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2002-2014:

833.gif

2014-Pres

Well I'll eat my crow, as I was convinced they were going to change the primary jerseys' wordmarks. Now I'm actually disappointed. It's a missed opportunity for them.

Kinda lame changes for the Kings. The SK logo was one of my favorite logos of the bunch.

And they are still going to use that awful white-on-white wordmark.

It also bothers me that the team has a ridiculous amount of different font wordmarks. The logo, stacked, uniform, and cursive wordmarks are all different, though I guess the "Kings" in the logo and "Kings" on the away jersey might be the same, just upper/lower case.

The upper and lower case are completely different. That lowercase wordmark has been around since 2001.

They need brand unity, on all levels. It's all over the place and the original impact the primary had is losing its punch. One of the best primaries in the league, but they need more unity across the brand. The uniforms are just weird. Awkward side panels, awkward collars, awkward coloring system on wordmarks and all. Overly busy.

As for the Hawks, I'd assume they would just replace the old secondary on back/shorts with the revamped Pacman hawk.

Archived