NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bullets name is so fondly remembered because the Wizards name (and initial identity) was trendy minor league garbage. "Bullets" isn't a great name, but it became elevated when compared to what was chosen to replace it.

The team names that get called "minor league" around here sometimes are ridiculous. Let's save phrases like that for names like "Solar Bears," "RubberDucks," "Mad Antz," "Jam," "Everblades," "Kiss," etc. You know, names that actually deserve that criticism.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I mentioned a few days ago about the different number fonts on the banners hanging at the Sixers workout facility...now there is a story floating locally about a potential logo adjustment...(not Ben Franklin related).....

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/07/could-the-sixers-be-making-the-most-minor-tweak-to-their-logo.html

This just looks extremely forced. The wordmark doesn't fit in that basketball at all, they should've went with a different rotation of the ball.

bSLCtu2.png

Kyle Lowry just put this up on Instagram to announce his re-signing with the Raptors. Looking forward to seeing these on the court next season.

NP84cfJ.jpg

Loved these jerseys! Great post!

That will be definite buy for me next season. Just for nostalgia purposes.

A little surprised that Lowry will be using Vince Carter's 15. Unless this is a replica version...

I just realized something. They showed that Raptors jersey being modeled in February or so, and someone here pointed out that there was no NBA logo on the front. We basically we're clued in early on that the NBA logo was moving from the front of the jersey. It's going to look really stupid on throwbacks, though.

bSLCtu2.png

One of the Kings owners was tweeting for uni and logo change ideas for the Kings. They are working it but acknowledge it takes time to do it right. One of the more popular ideas has been a 'Sac Town' alt uni like Portland and Rip City. I think it's a great idea.

I think they could experiment a little, purple and black could lend itself to trying out some secondary colors like neon red, green, or orange. At least come up with some concepts and see if anything flies.

timmy.png

Kyle Lowry just put this up on Instagram to announce his re-signing with the Raptors. Looking forward to seeing these on the court next season.

NP84cfJ.jpg

Loved these jerseys! Great post!

That will be definite buy for me next season. Just for nostalgia purposes.

A little surprised that Lowry will be using Vince Carter's 15. Unless this is a replica version...

According to the tweet the 15 is for the 2015 season, but Amir Johnson will be wearing #15. This will likely be my first basketball jersey purchase ever. Not sure if I should get a Lowry or DeRozan (Valanciunas is a dark horse candidate).

You guys its a Vince Carter throwback!!

Amir-Johnson-Raptors-throwback.jpg

Amir Johnson showed up in this retro to confirmed Raptors were bringing these unis back for the 2014-15 season a few months ago. Wake up! Would be no different if Nerlens Noel was wearing a Phila #6 jersey or Rose wore #23 Chicago "cursive" jersey. Chill.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/03/07/toronto-raptors-will-wear-vintage-dino-jerseys-in-2014-15-nba-season/

Ps. Interesting no NBA logo on the front though?? Didn't notice this whem Amir wore it, now I see it when Lowry wears it too!?

shado_logo.gif

I just realized something. They showed that Raptors jersey being modeled in February or so, and someone here pointed out that there was no NBA logo on the front. We basically we're clued in early on that the NBA logo was moving from the front of the jersey. It's going to look really stupid on throwbacks, though.

good point, it really will !

You guys its a Vince Carter throwback!!

Amir Johnson showed up in this retro to confirmed Raptors were bringing these unis back for the 2014-15 season a few months ago. Wake up! Would be no different if Nerlens Noel was wearing a Phila #6 jersey or Rose wore #23 Chicago "cursive" jersey. Chill.

Ps. Interesting no NBA logo on the front though??

Calm down please. And also, you're a little late to the party. The NBA announced the logo would move to the back of the jersey like the MLB when the Hornets unveiled their uniforms.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

One of the Kings owners was tweeting for uni and logo change ideas for the Kings. They are working it but acknowledge it takes time to do it right. One of the more popular ideas has been a 'Sac Town' alt uni like Portland and Rip City. I think it's a great idea.

I think they could experiment a little, purple and black could lend itself to trying out some secondary colors like neon red, green, or orange. At least come up with some concepts and see if anything flies.

I thought them trying gold with their alternate in 2006 was pretty cool. That's a good choice for the Kings.

bSLCtu2.png

I don't like the 76ers change, nothing was wrong with the basketball in the current one, the lines were accurate unlike the clippers old one (Other then there not being a line in the middle). I mean what other than its a flat view of the basketball instead of it looking round like the other logos?

With talk of potential changes for the 76ers in the 15-16 season, I found the new banners at their training facility to be interesting.......

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/482566913177174016

I wonder why Moses Malone's #2 is up there with the retired numbers since it was never retired.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

With talk of potential changes for the 76ers in the 15-16 season, I found the new banners at their training facility to be interesting.......

I wonder why Moses Malone's #2 is up there with the retired numbers since it was never retired.

It's not retired numbers...it's for players with all star appearances.

It's not retired numbers...it's for players with all star appearances.

on the right side in blue are the retired numbers.

EDIT: #4 is up there too.. not sure what's up with that since Iguadala and Webber both wore it recently so it's not retired either.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't like the 76ers change, nothing was wrong with the basketball in the current one, the lines were accurate unlike the clippers old one (Other then there not being a line in the middle). I mean what other than its a flat view of the basketball instead of it looking round like the other logos?

I concur 100%. It appears the 76'ers are attempting to "Piston-ize" an already great logo. Leave it alone!

Archived