NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going through the NBA catalog (link: http://sportsworldinc.com/sports/fanshop/mens/NBA/2009/Adidas/2015/Adidas-SP15-NBA.pdf) and while there's still lots of TBD's on the stuff we're waiting for, there's a good look at the very nice Rochester Royals throwback (page 197) and a Los Wizards jersey for Noche Enebea nights I don't remember seeing before (page 203). I also kinda like the Luchador-inspired Bulls shirt (page 207) and the big emphasis on the nautical theme on the Clippers pride gear (page 56).

Also, surprised to see a pride jersey in addition to the Nets' Dodgers-inspired sleeved jerseys. I'd thought those were the pride jerseys.

Looking through this, it looks like all the teams with a championship have a gold strip on the back of the collar, above the NBA logo. That's a neat touch!

I'm not a fan. It's another moment where the NBA feels like it's trying to hard to be soccer.

Didn't notice that the Celtics are going BOSTON on their road jerseys. SWEET!

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

According to that catalog, the Celtics are keeping the awful black-font alt that they already wear way too much. Also don't see any sign of the St. Patrick's Day alt, which is disappointing...but maybe that comes later. At any rate, five separate jerseys for the Celtics is tragic.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

According to that catalog, the Celtics are keeping the awful black-font alt that they already wear way too much. Also don't see any sign of the St. Patrick's Day alt, which is disappointing...but maybe that comes later. At any rate, five separate jerseys for the Celtics is tragic.

Scroll down farther. There's a few pages devoted to Celtics St. Patty's stuff.

Going through the NBA catalog (link: http://sportsworldinc.com/sports/fanshop/mens/NBA/2009/Adidas/2015/Adidas-SP15-NBA.pdf) and while there's still lots of TBD's on the stuff we're waiting for, there's a good look at the very nice Rochester Royals throwback (page 197) and a Los Wizards jersey for Noche Enebea nights I don't remember seeing before (page 203). I also kinda like the Luchador-inspired Bulls shirt (page 207) and the big emphasis on the nautical theme on the Clippers pride gear (page 56).

Also, surprised to see a pride jersey in addition to the Nets' Dodgers-inspired sleeved jerseys. I'd thought those were the pride jerseys.

Looking through this, it looks like all the teams with a championship have a gold strip on the back of the collar, above the NBA logo. That's a neat touch!

I'm not a fan. It's another moment where the NBA feels like it's trying to hard to be soccer.

When did the kings, magic and the home suns uniform win a championship? Lol

The Rochester Royals (now Sacramento Kings) won the 1951 title.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not entirely sure about the Magic and the Suns. But didn't the Kings win a couple in the past?

Not entirely sure about the Magic and the Suns. But didn't the Kings win a couple in the past?

Rochester royals won the 2nd championship ever and they became the kings so I guess that carried over but the magic and the suns have been to the finals but never won. Which is weird because my nets have been to the finals too and haven't won (except in the ABA) and no gold stripe for us...

And uh... someone want to explain why the Celtics' usual road jerseys say "Boston" as the wordmark?!

New for 2015. I kinda like the change.

It's got precedence, and it keeps the "city name on road, team name at home" aesthetic most of the league has (as well as most of the MLB). So for me, it's a lateral change.

Shouldn't the Thunder technically have a gold tag on the neck? '79 Sonics.

They left colors and "history" in Seattle

False. They own all history until the day Seattle has another team. Upon which they will give it back to Seattle.

That's the legal ruling anyway.

Functionally I think OKC has distanced itself from Seattle and vice-versa. This is why you see shirts that say Est. 2008 for the Thunder.

Archived