NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

I am one of the people most adamant about baseball road uniforms having the city name on them. However, I feel almost completely the opposite about basketball jerseys. In baseball, white is so similar to gray, and the lettering is generally the same exact colors on home and road, that I feel the road jersey should have the city name to distinguish itself and not just look like a dirty version of the home jersey. However, a green Celtics jersey is visually very different from a white one, and I don't think the change needs to be made here.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess there's precedent back to Cousy and Russell with the C's wearing Boston on the road jerseys, but they've said "Celtics" as long as the team has used the current font, since the beginning of the 70s. Looks odd and feels unnecessary.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

This golden stripe thing is pretty dumb when the majority of all NBA teams has won a championship in their history. It also looks bad.

Yeah I'd prefer it if they did something to mark the number of titles, or if only the defending champions got one. It seems kind of stupid that the Celtics and Lakers get the exact same treatment as the Kings, Hawks, Bucks, etc. I agree that it looks bad, especially on the Warriors, where the stripe gets lost in all of the gold on their collar. It'd be tough to see Boston shoehorn 17 stars onto the jersey, soccer-style, but maybe they could put one star with the number of championships inside on the back of the collar.

Saw this on twitter today. Don't know how reputable the source is though BsnCPnMIEAAACNW.png

"El Heat" was always a black uni, so that's a change. Looks like the sublimated pattern is gone. No Mavs, and Wiz is new to this, right?

PJU85JF.png

The style guide posted earlier has all the Noche Latina jerseys, and that's ^ just a screenshot from the section.

Other new things I found in the style guide (I scrolled through the whole thing):

Pac Man appears on all Hawks shorts

Aforementioned Celtics change

All Star game jerseys will have 5 stars on side to represent the 5 boroughs of New York City (towards bottom of style guide)

Christmas day jerseys are back (ugh)

spacer.png

Another member doubted me and declared I was wrong. It's ok he will eat crow later. Houston's pride jersey is yellow. Orlando is grey with blue and black pinstripes.

Trying to get info on the Nets.

Jaguars

This golden stripe thing is pretty dumb when the majority of all NBA teams has won a championship in their history. It also looks bad.

By my count, there are 15 teams (roughly half the NBA) who haven't won a title (as their current franchise in their current city).

What they should do however, is denote the number of titles somehow by perhaps putting the number of titles on the gold patch. The Celtics and Lakers should be differentiated from the likes of the Bucks and Mavericks who have one title in their histories.

Another member doubted me and declared I was wrong. It's ok he will eat crow later. Houston's pride jersey is yellow. Orlando is grey with blue and black pinstripes.

y dont u share ur sources with us? or pics or something

y dont u share ur sources with us? or pics or something

My friend is a manager at a sports store. Next time I go in il try get pics but just don't expect HD pics.

Jaguars

You know what they should do to denote titles? Absolutely nothing. No single logo, no star for each title. It's dumb, it makes the uniforms look worse, and soccer blows. They don't need to start using soccer's thing of denoting championships any more than they need to start wearing baseball caps during games.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You know what they should do to denote titles? Absolutely nothing. No single logo, no star for each title. It's dumb, it makes the uniforms look worse, and soccer blows. They don't need to start using soccer's thing of denoting championships any more than they need to start wearing baseball caps during games.

Thank you! If they want to do something to honor championships, have the reigning champion wear a patch for the following season. Don't put an ugly yellow blob on the back of most teams' jerseys.

Adidas blows. The sooner they lose the NBA rights, the better.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This is a little too "unorthodox" for most...but for my money, here's your winner:

76ers.jpg

Michael Weinstein FTW.

That is a damn fine logo. However, in keeping with what seems to be the current trend, there would have to be a basketball somewhere in it

Change the middle of the "6" to a basketball or add a basketball as the bell's clapper!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived