NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

I agree with you BBTV to a point. And that point is calling people Stupid. Uncalled for. If people aren't FAMILIAR or exposed to what happens with the process don't call them that call us uninformed or ignorant to the process. Im familiar with the process to a certain amount.

Case and point (Portland Trail Blazers) recently decided not rebrand their uniforms because they didn't like the creative direction that Adidas was going or what they had for them. They believed their current sets which I agree was good or better than what was drawn up. Kudos for them.

But when I hear stuff like this ..even if the team approves the design doesn't mean THEY DESIGNED or created it. They are busy worrying about seats, contracts and winning thats why they HIRE Adidas/Nike etc to do this for them. To some teams some change is good even if it is bad. So yea I blame Adidas. Its like blaming the painter on a piece he didnt draw. He just paint what was created.

Anyways both are at fault but as a former artist and self art aficionado..the creative party is to fault.

But you are right we will complain no matter who takes over but at least we know or have a clearer picture instead of being

IGNORANT as apposed to being naive and stupid.

End of filibuster.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know for a fact that some teams hire their own designers for uniforms, and not apparel manufacturers. So you can never be sure who's to blame for a bad design. That said, I still put most of the onus on the teams. No matter how crazy or ugly a design from anyone is (Adidas, Nike, or a third party) someone at the team still has to say, "yes" before it gets made.

I know for a fact that some teams hire their own designers for uniforms, and not apparel manufacturers. So you can never be sure who's to blame for a bad design. That said, I still put most of the onus on the teams. No matter how crazy or ugly a design from anyone is (Adidas, Nike, or a third party) someone at the team still has to say, "yes" before it gets made.

that is probably true, but i still believe things like the christmas day unis were an adidas idea, and then forced on the teams by the NBA

I agree with you BBTV to a point. And that point is calling people Stupid. Uncalled for. If people aren't FAMILIAR or exposed to what happens with the process don't call them that call us uninformed or ignorant to the process. Im familiar with the process to a certain amount.

Case and point (Portland Trail Blazers) recently decided not rebrand their uniforms because they didn't like the creative direction that Adidas was going or what they had for them. They believed their current sets which I agree was good or better than what was drawn up. Kudos for them.

But when I hear stuff like this ..even if the team approves the design doesn't mean THEY DESIGNED or created it. They are busy worrying about seats, contracts and winning thats why they HIRE Adidas/Nike etc to do this for them. To some teams some change is good even if it is bad. So yea I blame Adidas. Its like blaming the painter on a piece he didnt draw. He just paint what was created.

Anyways both are at fault but as a former artist and self art aficionado..the creative party is to fault.

But you are right we will complain no matter who takes over but at least we know or have a clearer picture instead of being

IGNORANT as apposed to being naive and stupid.

End of filibuster.

We disagree. The word "approves" is all that's needed to put the blame on the client.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, let's blame Adidas and not the NBA. All things must pass through the NBA so blame them.

Well to be fair I don't think Nike or ua have released anything as bad as some of the Adidas stuff.

Adidas gets slammed for trying to put their 3 stripes everywhere but Nike gets a pass for using the same template for every national basketball team jersey?

What's wrong or garish about Nike's template? I think the shoulder area could be a little narrower but i think all of their college basketball stuff is nice and well done.

I can't think of anything Nike or UA have done that is even half as atrocious as this

ncb_e_uniforms11_300.jpg

I will say this though, i think i'm in the minority but i actually think for the most part the league looks better since they moved to the rev 30 template. I didn't like the baggy dazzle jerseys prior and definitely prefer the matte mesh tighter fitting uniforms of today.

And also as someone posted above, Adidas fan gear is terrible. Their Swingman jerseys are absolute garbage compared to Nike swingmans. Just bad in every aspect and they hardly resemble the on court product.

And i agree with BBTV to an extent but the Christmas day uniforms appear to have been mandatory.

With those 'city pride' alternates I could defiantly see the Cavs add one as they've been pushing #ThisIsCle on a lot of social media.

No substance to that AT ALL just a thought....

so would they just replace "Cleveland" with "Crap City" and add sleeves

Holy :censored: how original was that!

spacer.png

With those 'city pride' alternates I could defiantly see the Cavs add one as they've been pushing #ThisIsCle on a lot of social media.

No substance to that AT ALL just a thought....

so would they just replace "Cleveland" with "Crap City" and add sleeves

Holy :censored: how original was that!

Shot in the dark, but maybe "Rock City"? Although that could also be a Detroit thing...

GR30a5H.png

I can't think of anything Nike or UA have done that is even half as atrocious as this

ncb_e_uniforms11_300.jpg

I'd rank these as about a quarter as atrocious.

new-Nike-Hyper-Elite-March-Madness-2013-

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's my point. I was saying that while they weren't quite as bad, they certainly approach the same level.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That's my point. I was saying that while they weren't quite as bad, they certainly approach the same level.

How so? I agree that they'd look better with wordmarks instead of logos on the front, but other than that, those aren't particularly bad-looking. The Adidas messes are a complete failure on every level.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

And that's why I said that they weren't quite as bad. The front logo instead of the wordmark looks awful, and some of the color choices are extremely questionable, but at least the shorts match the jerseys.

Archived