NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't really crotchety or a rant, but okay. My point is that I am pretty certain the sleeves and championship patches are Adidas messing with the uniforms and "doing what they know," rather than the NBA deciding "people buy soccer jerseys, soccer jerseys have advertisements and championship stars, therefore, putting ads and championships on our jerseys will cause people to buy more." The ads? I don't think Adidas is pushing those. That's all the NBA, and it's more them trying to make more money selling ads than them thinking people will buy more jerseys specifically because they have ads on them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Why are we assuming Adidas has a uniquely soccer mindset but Nike wouldn't? Or Reebok?

Thank You! I was about to say this exact same thing.

You guys are acting like Adidas has no clue how to make a basketball jersey and only know how to make soccer jerseys so they are basically making the NBA players wear soccer jerseys.

Adidas knows what they are doing. Whether its a good idea or not is up for debate... but they know what a basketball jersey traditionally looks like and if they decide to add sleeves or gold patches for titles or anything else its because they want to not because they dont know any better.

This isn't Bettman making the NHL more like the NBA in the early 90's

Gold patches on the back for titles - i think its dumb, I think you win a title one year and then you move on. I think its asinine for the 2015 Bucks to have any on-uniform association to the 1971 Bucks.

Moving the logo to the neck I also don’t like at all. Thought that was a very unique place for a secondary logo when It was introduced like 10-15 years ago until pretty much every team eventually did it. It was a very “NBA” look. When a team like the Bills tried it it seeed weird on football .. but it worked on basketball. The NBA logo however doesn’t work for me. Its too tall. Somehow it works in baseball – maybe it because the logo is wider? Not sure exactly but it just does. So I’m sad to see logos above names go away.

And it goes without saying that if its to put a logo on the jersey – anything other than adidas – I would hate. I don’t care how classy or whatever it looks. If its an ad its horrible. I would be ok with the maker like every other sport does, but beyond that it’s a road I prey we don’t go down.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Adidas knows what they are doing.

They could have fooled me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Bucks changed the word mark on their jersey's

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/bucks-unveil-jersey-changes-for-2014-15

New:

img_5678.jpg

Next to the "K," this "S" actually looks smaller as opposed to being of the same size. BTW, which came first, this reveal or the rookie photo? It's small, but you can see the new Bucks jersey in that rookie shot:

BuHudFiCMAAbmWp.jpg

Now, how about updating that logo, too?

Bucks_zpsad9bce7d.jpg

Nike also originated as a running company so by your logic they should have a uniquely running mindset.. However that isnt the case and it isnt the case that adidas has strictly a soccer mindset either. Just because a company originated in a particular sport does not mean that it is all they are focused on and/or able to do.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Why are we assuming Adidas has a uniquely soccer mindset but Nike wouldn't? Or Reebok?

uhm.....because adidas is german and nike is american !?

And what does that have to do with anything? Last time I checked, Nike outfits plenty of big name soccer teams. In fact, Nike had more teams at the World Cup than any other manufacturer - 10 teams to the 9 from Adidas, 8 from Puma and 5 from other manufacturers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

uhm.....because adidas is german and nike is american !?

And what does that have to do with anything? Last time I checked, Nike outfits plenty of big name soccer teams. In fact, Nike had more teams at the World Cup than any other manufacturer - 10 teams to the 9 from Adidas, 8 from Puma and 5 from other manufacturers.
and the only way to tell if a team/country is with nike, is the swoosh.......adidas has 3 stripes on everything and everywhere.

Adidas is also Reebok, and 90% of NHL hockey fans hate the edge jerseys they came up with.

Adidas have :censored:ed up the NBA and NHL, thank God Majestic, an american company, have MLB

Archived