NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Wow, they couldn't even get the jersey right?!? The purple's the wrong shade and the checkerboard design should be smaller.

They should have used this jersey:

mitch.jpg

The problem is that he played in the purple and black uniforms for way longer. Theyre clearly holding up a Mitchell & Ness jersey anyways judging from the tag.

http://www.mitchellandness.com/sacramento-kings-mitch-richmond-1994-1995-authentic-jersey

They botched the purple. Here's an authentic.

02_richmond_tags.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those dual-color Kings jerseys are the pinnacle of throwback-iness, as in "I can't believe they ever wore that." They're so bad, they're good. So outlandish that you want the team to throw back to them for a few games, but so awful that they should never ever be worn as part of a regular set.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Those dual-color Kings jerseys are the pinnacle of throwback-iness, as in "I can't believe they ever wore that." They're so bad, they're good. So outlandish that you want the team to throw back to them for a few games, but so awful that they should never ever be worn as part of a regular set.

I totally disagree. They're not "so bad they're good" - they're just "bad".

To make a pro wrestling analogy (because really, every situation in life can be related to pro wrestling), those jerseys are like X-Pac. You don't hate him because he's a heel but deep down you know he's a really talented wrestler and doing a great job by making you hate him, you just hate him because he sucks and is annoying.

They're not outlandish enough to be laughable, they just kind of suck. The Sixers waterfall was absurd but still has some kind of charm with it. As does the Bucks gradient deer. Same with goofy 70s jerseys with wacky stripes all over the place. These... just suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

jersey_main_3.jpg?ts=1407891887

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived