NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

After seeing this, I will be so let down if we don't get new uniforms... (Rockets)

6r0isj.png

New primary uniforms aren't happening. The article that came out many months ago with quotes from players spoke of an update to the jersey sleeves b/c our players don't like them too wide. That article on Houston Chronicle was removed within minutes.The Adidas catalog showed no change to our sleeves either. What is nearly confirmed due to Daryl Moreys quote and the Adidas catalog is that we can expect a city pride jersey. Possibly yellow with "Clutch City" on it.

I don't really care for too much yellow in our uniforms nor do i care for an alternate uniform we get to see a few times a year. If we are still wearing those atrocious primary sets with the same dull and boring logo, than i will continue to wear my retro Rockets gear for games or any time wear. I will never ever buy anything that is related to this current brand. I've even given away playoff shirts b/c that is how much i hate this current brand.

I'd be okay if we just went with home versions of our current alternates, but eventually i'd still whine because i hate the overkill on yellow instead of being just a highlight color. ProjectThirtyfour made a really great update to the alternates that i would be thrilled with as a primary uniform. But, my all time favorite Rockets concept is without a doubt Berlin Wall's work. I find myself starring at them every other day wishing and wanting and only to be left sad inside knowing Les Alexander will probably never return to the glory days of the Rockets and my childhood. If he was willing to rebrand after back to back championships, i am willing to bet he will never go back. *man tears*

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the chances the Clippers re-brand since they just got a new owner?

New uniforms in the future maybe and may change the colors but not a full rebrand.

Thanks for the info.

Translation: Nobody has a clue and nobody will for some time.

Yup.

21oogol.jpg

Didn't the Spurs just change their court a couple years ago?

They did, and I thought it was as recently as a year ago.

They changed from the primary logo to the wordmark, and now the spur.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

In three years it'll just be the star at the end of the spur :D

jersey_main_3.jpg?ts=1407891887

These are an upgrade to me. And I like that the third is not a straight recolor, even if the wordmark is from another era. CavFanatic-esque, I suppose. But it's an alt. For the Kings.
Cosign. .definitely an upgrade

Agreed. I love that set. It may be one of my favourites in the NBA to be honest.

In three years it'll just be the star at the end of the spur :D

jersey_main_3.jpg?ts=1407891887

These are an upgrade to me. And I like that the third is not a straight recolor, even if the wordmark is from another era. CavFanatic-esque, I suppose. But it's an alt. For the Kings.
Cosign. .definitely an upgrade

Agreed. I love that set. It may be one of my favourites in the NBA to be honest.

I'm glad they did the right thing by bringing back the font from the winning years. My only complaint is that the black jersey should have been a direct copy of the purple one.

What are the chances the Clippers re-brand since they just got a new owner?

New uniforms in the future maybe and may change the colors but not a full rebrand.

Thanks for the info.

Translation: Nobody has a clue and nobody will for some time.

Cool story bruh.

Jaguars

So are they going to prop up the Lakers and count the Minnesota titles and NBL title as 17 to make them look equal to the Celtics?

I guess if that's the precedent, that means the Browns have 8 titles instead of 4, so that's cool.

...Oh here we go...

I know Byron Scott counted 17 during his press conference the other day but I believe the Lakers should be on 16 and not count the 1947 NBL title.

16 for the Lakers

BuSEou7IgAAEu3Z.jpg

Am I the only one that finds these gold tabs incredibly tacky? adidas really needed to find a more elegant solution along the lines of the soccer stars. This just does not look right and the "#X" numbering system just seems too casual and unprofessional...it an abbreviation that's better suited for email communication rather than a formal accounting system to commemorate championships.

anybody have an idea what font is used on the "16x" and "17x" (championship tab)

So are they going to prop up the Lakers and count the Minnesota titles and NBL title as 17 to make them look equal to the Celtics?

I guess if that's the precedent, that means the Browns have 8 titles instead of 4, so that's cool.

...Oh here we go...

I know Byron Scott counted 17 during his press conference the other day but I believe the Lakers should be on 16 and not count the 1947 NBL title.

16 for the Lakers

BuSEou7IgAAEu3Z.jpg

Am I the only one that finds these gold tabs incredibly tacky? adidas really needed to find a more elegant solution along the lines of the soccer stars. This just does not look right and the "#X" numbering system just seems too casual and unprofessional...it an abbreviation that's better suited for email communication rather than a formal accounting system to commemorate championships.

anybody have an idea what font is used on the "16x" and "17x" (championship tab)

Looks like a condensed Helvetica.

The cream nba logo generally means hardwood classics.

It doesn't directly say HWC in the description, it's the same description as all the other draft caps

It also includes the old adidas logo, so it must be HWC then

Show your support for the NBA and the Seattle SuperSonics this year with the Seattle SuperSonics NBA 2014 Draft Snapback Cap cap. Rain or shine, this Kelly Green hat will keep you in style all year long. Stay comfortable and cool with this structured hat, featuring a flip color bill and high crown. Imported and made of woven acrylic and woven wool, this product requires easy spot clean product care. Represent your favorite team and sport all year long with LIDS Hats.

Style: 20618394
Color: Kelly Green
Made of 80% Acrylic, Woven, 20% Wool, Woven
Snapback
Structured Fit
High Crown
Flip Color Bill
Medium Raised Embroidery Mascot on Front Middle
Flat Embroidery League on Back Center

...Oh here we go...

16 for the Lakers

BuSEou7IgAAEu3Z.jpg

Looks like a condensed Helvetica.

thanks for that brother

Clay Bennett is conceivably profiting off the sale of Sonics merchandise.

I was curious and looked it up. An article from last January:

As strange as it sounds, said Seattle trademark attorney Michael Atkins, If you get a Seattle Supersonics jersey today, presumably the profits will go to Clay Bennett and Oklahoma City.

The key word is presumably. Even though Bennett owns the trademarks, it is unclear if there is a separate agreement regarding merchandise income.

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/Buying-Sonics-gear--187978941.html

This should have been more obvious to me but it dawned on me when I saw the new Sonics merchandise. I guess I didn't realize they were still making Sonics gear. I'll admit, I don't keep up with that stuff very well. It just seems like a cruel and unusual twist to be trying to support the Sonics when your money goes to the guy blamed for the franchise leaving town. The article is unclear on who is actually profiting but it makes sense for Bennett to be the beneficiary. Does anyone have any more insight into this? Is this unprecedented? I can't imagine this set of circumstances happening very often. The guy could essentially be making money off 2 fan bases.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived