NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

Anybody else notice how TNT is still using the older version of the Cavs primary logo? You would think after four years they'd have updated graphics.

Yeah, I thought that looked like the old color scheme, but I wasn't sure if it was a byproduct of TNT's metallic 3D versions of the logos.

And while I liked the navy alts when they were unveiled, I didn't like them nearly as much on the court, especially with everyone wearing bright gold accessories.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta give it to the Mavs, their unifrom set was introduced when - in 2000, 2001? - and it's still looking modern and absolutely relevant, from the template to the fonts. One of the flawless uniform sets in the league. The home and away sets, I mean.

Anybody else notice how TNT is still using the older version of the Cavs primary logo? You would think after four years they'd have updated graphics.

That's TNT for ya. They screwed up their NASCAR ticker earlier this year by using number designs from up to SEVEN years ago

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Gotta give it to the Mavs, their unifrom set was introduced when - in 2000, 2001? - and it's still looking modern and absolutely relevant, from the template to the fonts. One of the flawless uniform sets in the league. The home and away sets, I mean.

Couldn't disagree more. Those uniforms are horrid... the clunky piping and panels should have stayed in 2001.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Couldn't disagree more. Those uniforms are horrid... the clunky piping and panels should have stayed in 2001.

The Mavs' unis are pretty terrible. The piping, the panels, and the fonts all scream 2001. The around-the-top-of-the-butt panel is atrocious. They really should get rid of it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The CAVS uniforms looked like :censored: last night.

I have to agree with you. The yellow is too bright and doesn't really bring out the maroon that well. It really feels and looks half-a**ed. Plus, not a fan of the striping trim.

I hope they do a rehaul within the next year or so.

The CAVS uniforms looked like :censored: last night.

I have to agree with you. The yellow is too bright and doesn't really bring out the maroon that well. It really feels and looks half-a**ed. Plus, not a fan of the striping trim.

I hope they do a rehaul within the next year or so.

Agreed about the yellow being too bright, especially on the armbands/headbands the players wore.

ncb72o.png

Definitely not terrible by any stretch, but these uniforms could use a few tweaks to be really fantastic. Still, I am glad they returned to the Hornets name seeing as they could never establish a solid identity as the Bobcats.

Agree completely They're so close to being outstanding, but as they stand now they're a bit underwhelming. There's something off about them. They almost look incomplete. I'd like some shoulder piping and different numbers altogether. I'm not a fan of the single solid color number look, I think white with an outline like their wordmark would have looked better.

All that being said, this is all still a massive upgrade over the Bobcats identity.

I understand wanting the city name on one uniform but I much prefer the Hornets on the chest. Not realistic but I'd try to create a design solution that kept the characters to a max of 8. Again, a city name is a city name so it's not realistic but a max of 8 seems to work best on a chest.

The white Hornets uni looks GREAT.

I agree the set would look much better with some tweaks, specifically outlines on the numbers and bigger text. CHARLOTTE on the teal isn't a big deal at all... you guys expect them to use two different teal jerseys, one saying CHARLOTTE and the other saying HORNETS?

Both the Hornets and Cavaliers looked amazing last night. Cleveland's navy uniform looked sharp with the gold accessories (i.e. arm sleeve and headband). As for the Hornets' purple numbers, not great, but not bad either.

I noticed while watching the Bucks Hornets game that the purple didn't seem to pop on tv like I thought it would. Both on the court and on the unis it almost looked more like a dark royal blue.

Both the Hornets and Cavaliers looked amazing last night. Cleveland's navy uniform looked sharp with the gold accessories (i.e. arm sleeve and headband). As for the Hornets' purple numbers, not great, but not bad either.

I noticed while watching the Bucks Hornets game that the purple didn't seem to pop on tv like I thought it would. Both on the court and on the unis it almost looked more like a dark royal blue.

I didn't get to catch it but from the looks of it it comes off as more of a navy than purple.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this last night but it appears as though the cavs' new navy uniforms are not on the revo 30 template. Presumably if that is true, it likely means they ordered the jerseys after lebron's decision and were unable to get them in the revo 30 template.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The road warmup jackets Adidas has foisted upon teams this year are horrible. The satin sheen makes the jackets look cheap, and the light silver really doesn't work.

I don't know if all road teams are wearing variations of them, but I saw the Wizards and the Knicks wearing them so far, and both iterations looked terrible.

wizardssilver1014a.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Note: because the Cavs wanted to wear their blue alts for the home opener, the Knicks wore white on the road. Yet they still wore their road silver warmups. The home warmups are simpler: the torso and the sleeves are in the primary team color, with two thick team stripes (of the team's secondary colors) on the shoulders and Adidas trim on the collar and cuffs.

458127614.jpg

Archived