NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

I attempted a render of what they could look like, based on those three photos:

B5B5DbqCAAE077_.png

only thing i'm not sure of is the left side of the top. not sure how they're going to incorporate those stripes with the sleeve in there.

That would look killer in navy and red, and without sleeves.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counterpoint: metallic gold works as an accent color but looks terrible as a base color.

Gold has looked weird in the past so I wasn't exactly sold on the Pelicans having a gold alternate.

Let's look back at the last couple of gold jerseys

arenas_wizards.jpg

fandemonium05_10.jpg

Although to be fair, these designs didn't do the color any favor at all. The Spurs have had great Silver jerseys, hell the one they use now is also great, so I guess a team can try to make a decent Gold one and not go over the top like in the two pictures above. I think it all depends on how it's designed.

First off, the Spurs' current alt is terrible. And it's not silver, it's gray. The numbers on the other jerseys and the side-panels on the black jersey remain shimmery silver. But you are correct that those jerseys above are terrible. Then again, The Pelicans' current jerseys are all bad. Either way, there's nothing wrong with shimmery gold as the main fabric on a basketball jersey. They could definitely make it work. However, Adidas doing what they did with the Spurs alt and giving the Pelicans a tan jersey would be worse than the red alts.

That Kings uni looks like a WNBA jersey. The Spurs current does suck, big time, but for me, it's mostly for having the logo on it. If it said SAN ANTONIO, I might like it.

sig.png

Counterpoint: metallic gold works as an accent color but looks terrible as a base color.

Gold has looked weird in the past so I wasn't exactly sold on the Pelicans having a gold alternate.

Let's look back at the last couple of gold jerseys

arenas_wizards.jpg

fandemonium05_10.jpg

Although to be fair, these designs didn't do the color any favor at all. The Spurs have had great Silver jerseys, hell the one they use now is also great, so I guess a team can try to make a decent Gold one and not go over the top like in the two pictures above. I think it all depends on how it's designed.

First off, the Spurs' current alt is terrible. And it's not silver, it's gray. The numbers on the other jerseys and the side-panels on the black jersey remain shimmery silver. But you are correct that those jerseys above are terrible. Then again, The Pelicans' current jerseys are all bad. Either way, there's nothing wrong with shimmery gold as the main fabric on a basketball jersey. They could definitely make it work. However, Adidas doing what they did with the Spurs alt and giving the Pelicans a tan jersey would be worse than the red alts.

That Kings uni looks like a WNBA jersey. The Spurs current does suck, big time, but for me, it's mostly for having the logo on it. If it said SAN ANTONIO, I might like it.
San Antonio or Spurs on the uni would look great.

On the gold uniform discussion. The Wiz's Duracell battery alts would look pretty snappy if the shorts were gold as well. Gold is underused in the NBA. Will be neat to see how the raps use it.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Forgive me detracting from the thread but I'm compelled after seeing one poster getting ganged up on with invective language.

About 10 posts on the I can't breathe topic and none mentioned that Eric Garner had over THIRTY ARRESTS in his life.

Is this because no one knew about Garner's long rap sheet or was it willful omission?

Those NBA players didn't research their protest and instead blindly chimed along.

30+ arrests. Including assault. That's the guy James, Rose, Byrant went to bat for.

That in and of itself should've raised the ire of the NBA front office.

Forgive me detracting from the thread but I'm compelled after seeing one poster getting ganged up on with invective language.

About 10 posts on the I can't breathe topic and none mentioned that Eric Garner had over THIRTY ARRESTS in his life.

Is this because no one knew about Garner's long rap sheet or was it willful omission?

Those NBA players didn't research their protest and instead blindly chimed along.

30+ arrests. Including assault. That's the guy James, Rose, Byrant went to bat for.

Dude, let it go. You'll end up getting your self banned.

Anyways, gold doesn't work in a basketball uniform unless it's matte.

How does that change anything? Do you really think he deserved to die because he had a record?

Real talk if he did have over 30 arrests..does that justify his death? If you want to get "real" I'm sure your "sin rap sheet" is over 10,000 scrolls long. We all are. No one is perfect. Forgive much?

86bc2f55b3713fab021c999491c96c77.jpg

shado_logo.gif

Back to topic at hand...let's hope that the Raptors release a purple or gold alternate uniform and take advantage of their unique color scheme. Unlike what New Orleans did with this mess (red alt seriously?)

bil-ad.jpg

I think the blue uniform is gone next year. If you ask me, the Pelicans go white at home, red away, and a gold alt in a couple years.

Archived