NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

The All Star Game Court also showed up - It's essentially the Rockets two-toned wood court in black trim.

I do like the subway tile around the ASG logo tho

EDIT: Court overview

https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/561289401800871936

Closeup of subway tile trim around logo at center court.

https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/561287660355223552

Terrible.

Terrible indeed. The midcourt logo looks so clunky and awkward. The subway tiling around it is a cool idea, but they should have used a better logo, designed an alternate or something. That logo just doesn't work at midcourt.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love throwbacks

51584062.jpg462763556.jpg

Excellent. That picture also shows me how much better the Pistons looked in the old set, rather than the "updated" version. And that's what modern sports design has left us with - swapping out good looks for abominations, then returning the team to a bastardized, modernized and stripped-down version of the old look which isn't nearly as good. The bold block numbers were much better for the Pistons, but even more so the colored waistband and the collars.

This is what I already worry about if the Bucks bring back the Irish rainbows. I fear they will not go all out and just bring back small elements of the originals in an attempt to appease those who loved the retro look, but at the same time still leave them wanting a lot more.

I saw showtime was the last poster in this thread and got giddy. Thought it was that time of year already.

Ha Ha Hi.

Good amount of basketball changes coming out. I'll leave that for another thread.

This is from the NFL 2014+ thread. Been trying to think of what teams he could possibly be referencing. Looks like we know one.

This is what I already worry about if the Bucks bring back the Irish rainbows. I fear they will not go all out and just bring back small elements of the originals in an attempt to appease those who loved the retro look, but at the same time still leave them wanting a lot more.

But this is because of the NBA rules, right? I think you can't just bring back an old uniform because of throwback rights or so. That's why the Knicks have a completely orange waistband and the silver.

If the NBA would be the NHL the Knicks would've just completely get their classic look back.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Do the Suns have another uni coming this year or nah?

They will have Pride uniform, but there is no news about them (unfortunately). I hope there will be black or....black (I don't see any other colors to works with Suns) without sleeves (something like last season Noche Latina uni will be cool).

4r2eer.png

I saw showtime was the last poster in this thread and got giddy. Thought it was that time of year already.

Ha Ha Hi.

Good amount of basketball changes coming out. I'll leave that for another thread.

This is from the NFL 2014+ thread. Been trying to think of what teams he could possibly be referencing. Looks like we know one.

We know the Hawks are getting new uniforms. And the new pacman will probably became the primary just with Atlanta Hawks written around to satisfy the NBA's dumb rule.

The Sixers are supposed to get new unis too. I doubt they touch the basketball logo but could change the "primary" with the stupid gray box around it.

We've already seen the Raptors new logo, unis coming next year.

So we have the Sixers, Hawks, Clippers and Raptors schedule for changes that we know of. Any of others I've missed?

I'm a lurker and rare poster here.

What I am about to post can and should and will be taken with many grains of salt, just take this for what you will.

My brief intro... I'm a member of RealGM which pretty easily has the most active Bucks community out of any other internet forum. A team executive (one of the owner's sons) held a preseason pizza party for RealGM members, so Bucks execs know/pay attention to what goes on there. I point this part out because I wouldn't be surprised if an exec is having someone throw this out on the forum as a feeler for what fans might think.

Okay, onto the quote:

I had to make a new name as to not out myself but I have a rock solid source that the Bucks will have new uniforms and a logo next season.

The new owners wanted to get this done and the colors will be blue, silver and cream with a redrawn "Buck" that's more "angry."

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1371141#start_here

No more green, no Irish rainbow, no purple. Basically a new existence for the Milwaukee Bucks.

The main reason I have doubt is I feel like we'd have heard the year warning (which I thought was a requirement) the team had to give the league. I also wanted to post here because I know there are people who know things that I have no power to.

Again, take this as you will.

I hadn't heard about the Hawks. And was there ever anything definite on the sixers? I feel like that was hearsay too

Yup, as far as I heard the Sixers, Raptors and Hawks are sure. But the Clippers?

Blue, silver and cream for the Bucks? No way, I guess!? :P

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived