NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

I would've preferred a new take on this:

desmond-mason-okc-jersey.jpg

Those uniforms were clean, simple, and great looking. I miss that set.

The Valentines Day uniform is a perfect start. Change the Hornets neckline to more Thunder colors and voila!!

56_6138A_lg.jpeg

Oklahoma-City-Hornets-2006-07-Valentines

All the Thunder had to do was simply change the colors a bit for home, maybe Orange,Navy,Blue version of this for away (even keep the Red).. their set would be 100% improved!

I understood the intentions, but those were some of the worst jerseys the Hornets have ever worn.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nets-6.jpg

Nets continue to impress with their "Stars and Stripes" promotions.

nets-7.jpg

Get rid of the sleeves, now. Add this as a regular home uniform, add a black road uniform, lose the current set and the brand would be complete.

FYP

nets-6.jpg

Nets continue to impress with their "Stars and Stripes" promotions.

nets-7.jpg

Get rid of the sleeves? Add this as a regular Alt 3rd uniform and the brand would be complete.

I respectfully disagree. Keep the current home set, font/numbers, & colors, but substitute the current trim with the Stars & Stripes trim. Same for road unis.

NYCdog.png

cool with me..I'm just posting my free will opinion...btw..I have good money that these replace the CAVS standard road unis next season and move the reds to Alternates.

APTOPIXCavaliersMavericksBasketball-09eb

remember when Lebron and crew wore these more than the red versions? Just my 2 cents again.

cleveland-23-soul-swingman-blue-jersey.j

shado_logo.gif

cool with me..I'm just posting my free will opinion...btw..I have good money that these replace the CAVS standard road unis next season and move the reds to Alternates.

remember when Lebron and crew wore these more than the red versions? Just my 2 cents again.

I for one was a big fan of those. And was it me or was there one guy who's side striping wasn't symmetrical? I feel like there was one dude who had a bad jersey.

Also the new ones would look a lot better if it said Cleveland or cavaliers across the front.

Flo Jo's return again tonight!!!!

jh2_1973.jpg?itok=4r3yu2Dp

465800188_10.jpg?itok=iwZNv4Ik

Glad to see them back, but...couldn't they have done a white version instead? One of my foremost uniform pet-peeves is when a basketball team wears dark at home. Maybe it's a tradition thing for me, I don't know. But it certainly drives me crazy nonetheless.

And it's not that the road is a bad uniform - I always liked the road FloJo - it's just that the home FloJo is plenty great and there's no reason not to use that for home throwback games.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Again, not having any nostalgic connection to those Pacers' Flo-Jo unis, I can say that they are just bad, especialy the generic Arial-esque font with the drop shadow makes them ugly.

And I just can't reiterate many times enough, how ugly the Cavs' atrocities are, especially in contrast with the excellence of the first LeBron era unis (not that you need that comparison to come to that conclusion). They look as if they've come straight from the times when uniform design was only in it's cradle. Poor Kyrie, he has never played in a good-looking jersey in his NBA career.

Again, not having any nostalgic connection to those Pacers' Flo-Jo unis, I can say that they are just bad, especialy the generic Arial-esque font with the drop shadow makes them ugly.

I feel like the font had more behind it than on the surface, personally. Even as a little kid, the font and (especially) the numbers looked like something you'd see on a race car. I can't cite a specific car or driver as an example, but the numbers really do look like they could've been inspired by a 90's era NASCAR car. I have no idea if that was the inspiration for the font choice, or if I'm just crazy haha, but I always accepted the use of that don't for Indiana for that purpose.

It goes to show how powerful context is in design, because let's say the Lakers sport this design in the 90's rather than the Pacers. Then the font really wouldn't have a purpose and would in that case be a very poor choice. But used as it is for the Pacers? It just "fit" because of the (potential) connection to a race car. By that, italicized, drop-shadowed arial has no better home than the FloJo's

I hope none if that came across as busting your chops! I certainly didn't intend that at all :) Your thought just made me realize why I like them so much, and it's that connection I made early on as a kid with that race car theme.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I feel like the font had more behind it than on the surface, personally. Even as a little kid, the font and (especially) the numbers looked like something you'd see on a race car. I can't cite a specific car or driver as an example, but the numbers really do look like they could've been inspired by a 90's era NASCAR car. I have no idea if that was the inspiration for the font choice, or if I'm just crazy haha, but I always accepted the use of that don't for Indiana for that purpose.

It goes to show how powerful context is in design, because let's say the Lakers sport this design in the 90's rather than the Pacers. Then the font really wouldn't have a purpose and would in that case be a very poor choice. But used as it is for the Pacers? It just "fit" because of the (potential) connection to a race car. By that, italicized, drop-shadowed arial has no better home than the FloJo's

I hope none if that came across as busting your chops! I certainly didn't intend that at all :) Your thought just made me realize why I like them so much, and it's that connection I made early on as a kid with that race car theme.

No, not at all! On the contrary, thanks for the insight. Still, doesn't save its face to me, though (pun intended).

I would've preferred a new take on this:

desmond-mason-okc-jersey.jpg

Those uniforms were clean, simple, and great looking. I miss that set.

The Valentines Day uniform is a perfect start. Change the Hornets neckline to more Thunder colors and voila!!

56_6138A_lg.jpeg

Oklahoma-City-Hornets-2006-07-Valentines

All the Thunder had to do was simply change the colors a bit for home, maybe Orange,Navy,Blue version of this for away (even keep the Red).. their set would be 100% improved!

To paraphrase a poet of our time, all the Hornets had to do was stay.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I Agree Finsup, same with the Raptors Dino uniforms.

Ah yes, forgot about them.

They wore their throwbacks again last night against Miami at home, and the biggest problem was that Miami really looked like the home team. While the Heat do have that little gold stripe running down the side inside the side panel, from a distance it just looks like white, red, and black. Couple that with the black and red on the court, and the Raptors wearing road throwbacks and.....yeah, big problem. I really wish teams would think this kind of stuff through.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

How many times can a NBA team where an alternate jersey in a season? The Cavs always wore there gold unis and now they have worn the navy unis in all but 3 games in the past 2 and a half weeks.

Archived