NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chicago flag design lends itself very well towards sports design, plus it's one of the few city flags that gets marketed and is immediately recognizable due to that. I wouldn't be opposed to a tasteful, well-done alternate based off of the flag. Chicago's look isn't that untouchable, I'd rather see a flag alt instead of those disgusting St. Patrick's Day alts.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

So all of a sudden teams can't have pride in the city they play in/for.

What type of evil :censored: is that?

Teams can have plenty of pride in their city. But they shouldn't stupidly incorporate city colors or flag into their uniforms, particularly when it involves replacing a look they've had for nearly 50 years, which saw the most iconic player in the game's history.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

10601787_553246578131553_1457983928_n.jp

you gotta admit. If they had uniforms like this..they would be BIG SELLERS! They put Nets retro almost to shame. "Chicago" script on the chest.. with the stars/flag on the sides..I know Reinsdorf is an a$$ but he knows money when he sees it!

Okay, once again: 1) That looks like crap; 2) NOBODY wants the Bulls to switch to that look other than you, so claiming they would be a big seller just because your like them is not smart; 3) Whether or not Reinsdorf is an ass, it has no bearing on the team dumping an iconic look and switching to some city-based trash just because a few people realized in the last ten years that Chicago's flag is kinda nice.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

imaging_aspx.png

When the Chicago Fire came out with these alternate unis..they sold like Hot cakes and so well you cant even get it on ebay!

BullFlag--SHIRT.jpg

BUMHF00049.jpg

1000x1000.jpg

You obviously have no idea how Chicagoland or Bulls fans truly LOVES this identity. Tons of merchandise. OldRoman, I'll say this again i love the Bulls and don't wish them to change. Derrick Rose has a top 4 selling jersey worldwide (not to mention Jordan, Pippen, etc).

But if they did change or add a city pride alt. This would be the route. Its hugely popular. It's not my opinion alone, but google it or if you go to Chicago you will see it.

Sure their look is iconic but change is ok. Yankees wont ever change but to you God forbid they wear a special FDNY uni post-9/11 edition. It would be a travesty. Not! The same way they embrace FDNY is the same Chicago embraces the flag with the Bulls and all sports.

I respect your opinion but my argument has physical and tangible evidence to support not just personal opinion.

shado_logo.gif

Yeah, there are Blackhawks shirts with the Chicago flag inside a cutout of the Indian Head. They're popular, but I wouldn't want the Hawks to incorporate the Chicago flag either. Also, OldRoman alluded to it very gently upthread, but the embrace of the flag of Chicago has been, how you say, less than ecumenical. The people who seem to love it most also seem to be the ones who moved into Lincoln Park and Lake View from southeastern Michigan or St. Louis County. It's also figured heavily into Rahm Emanuel's iconography from campaign placards to his "Building A Better Chicago" initiative or whatever else. So basically, the flag is kind of becoming a symbol of assbags.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah screw identity let's just muddle identities for pointless alts because some people buy some crappy merchandise so a few might buy the pointless alts.

I hate when people say wacky alts are okay because they're only worn a few games a year. What if a player has a historic game for the ages? All the footage and imagery will have the player wearing some gimmicky garbage that doesn't represent the team at all.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

Yeah screw identity let's just muddle identities for pointless alts because some people buy some crappy merchandise so a few might buy the pointless alts.

I hate when people say wacky alts are okay because they're only worn a few games a year. What if a player has a historic game for the ages? All the footage and imagery will have the player wearing some gimmicky garbage that doesn't represent the team at all.

I see your point but people will still remember the historic performance for what it was nobody will care what the player was wearing.

Yeah, there are Blackhawks shirts with the Chicago flag inside a cutout of the Indian Head. They're popular, but I wouldn't want the Hawks to incorporate the Chicago flag either. Also, OldRoman alluded to it very gently upthread, but the embrace of the flag of Chicago has been, how you say, less than ecumenical. The people who seem to love it most also seem to be the ones who moved into Lincoln Park and Lake View from southeastern Michigan or St. Louis County. It's also figured heavily into Rahm Emanuel's iconography from campaign placards to his "Building A Better Chicago" initiative or whatever else. So basically, the flag is kind of becoming a symbol of assbags.

I always figured those flag-laden Hawks shirts were counterfeits. They're normally worn by the same people who wear the mash-up logos like this junk, which are certainly not licensed:

il_570xN.440819822_e24f.jpgil_570xN.474963506_d6g8.jpg

Anyway, I work in Chicago and live nearby. I see handfuls of people wearing such stuff, but the demand is barely measurable. So the Bulls can put out crappy flag shirts if they think they'll sell, but they absolutely shouldn't incorporate that into the uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I see your point but people will still remember the historic performance for what it was nobody will care what the player was wearing.

Still it'll look dumb if they're wearing some gimmicky crap, it won't taint the accomplish but will make them look stupid doing it.

It bothers me enough that Kobe got his 81 points in the pointless white alt, or Ray Allen breaking the 3 pt record in the throwbacks, but it will be a sad, sad day when something historic happens in one of those awful flavor of the month unis.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

imaging_aspx.png

When the Chicago Fire came out with these alternate unis..they sold like Hot cakes and so well you cant even get it on ebay!

BullFlag--SHIRT.jpg

BUMHF00049.jpg

1000x1000.jpg

You obviously have no idea how Chicagoland or Bulls fans truly LOVES this identity. Tons of merchandise. OldRoman, I'll say this again i love the Bulls and don't wish them to change. Derrick Rose has a top 4 selling jersey worldwide (not to mention Jordan, Pippen, etc).

But if they did change or add a city pride alt. This would be the route. Its hugely popular. It's not my opinion alone, but google it or if you go to Chicago you will see it.

Sure their look is iconic but change is ok. Yankees wont ever change but to you God forbid they wear a special FDNY uni post-9/11 edition. It would be a travesty. Not! The same way they embrace FDNY is the same Chicago embraces the flag with the Bulls and all sports.

I respect your opinion but my argument has physical and tangible evidence to support not just personal opinion.

Novelty items will always sell, but there's a point where it becomes oversaturated, by authentic or counterfeit manufacturers. It's attractive because it's new and different, but once the novelty wears out, the sales numbers will plummet. Adidas and others are in it for the money; football is popular but not everyone is willing to pay for tickets to go to a game, leading to TV blackout of said games. There will always be people who will dish out 300 bucks for one jersey (or even all the combinations LeBron wore in Cleveland and Miami), but Rose is no Jordan or LeBron, and unless Rose wins a title wearing an alternate Chicago flag based jersey, it will not be memorable. (I can see it used as a patch on baseball jerseys, but since patches aren't that common in basketball and it clutters up the jersey, it probably shouldn't be done, unless there's a major tragedy of sorts in Chicago, and I pray that it never happens.)

I'm sure it's not analogous, but I believe that if Boston incorporated their flag into the Celtics uniform, it will not make a lot of people happy. Depending on how they work it in, maybe it'll fly as fashion wear, but not as on-field wear.

Flag_of_Boston.jpg

New NBA live 15 trailer shows brief glimpses of Hornets new uniforms, Portland's new home court but most importantly it shows the jerseys with the NBA logo on the back..looks weird seeing its new placement. No screen shots yet but will update.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/759498/nba-live-15-features-revealed-improved-visuals-trailer-released/

Update:Images

81851-nba-live-15-features-revealed-impr

81852-nba-live-15-features-revealed-impr

http://www.imgflip.com/gif/bqmgp

shado_logo.gif

New NBA live 15 trailer shows brief glimpses of Hornets new uniforms, Portland's new home court but most importantly it shows the jerseys with the NBA logo on the back..looks weird seeing its new placement. No screen shots yet but will update.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/759498/nba-live-15-features-revealed-improved-visuals-trailer-released/

Update:Images

81851-nba-live-15-features-revealed-impr

81852-nba-live-15-features-revealed-impr

http://www.imgflip.com/gif/bqmgp

Thanks for the links. Having watched the video, I've noticed that the NBA Logoman on the back of the jersey really only works for the Washington Wizards. That is, until people become used to seeing them on the back. (Myself included.)

Archived