NBA Changes 2014-15 Season

Conrad.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official graphic:

WashingtonWizards_UNG0300a_2015_SCC_SRGB

Hmm. Perhaps others have commented on this before, but the side panel on the short appears to be another reference to the top of the Washington Monument. If that's the case, then the side panels aren't quite as disconnected as I had previously alleged. I still think it's a step below the primaries, but at least there appears to be a rhyme and reason to the shorts. The side stripe going up to the jersey feels phoned in, however. I know they used a similar stripe on the shorts during the Jeff Ruland mid-'80s era, but it's not a distinctive enough reference on its own without the horizontal stripes on the jersey.

Some of you may not notice but the NBA logo position (just below the waist) on the shorts is now the same for all team "I think?".

As you can see in 2014 Rookie Photoshoot some of the teams is not yet updated, looking from left to right, the team which NBA logo is not below waste is; Celtics, Heat, Pistons, Nets, Hawks, 76ers

sole-watch-nba-rookie-photo-shoot-2014-h

And by looking at the 2014 Media Day for each team it's now updated.

Celtics

mediaday_2014-09-29_at_18-33-25.jpg

Heat

hpg1415-andersen02-md-140926.jpg

Pistons

pistons-3272_1.jpg

Nets

nsb_2129_0.jpg

Hawks

pero-antic-dominique-wilkins-nba-atlanta

76ers

456393648_10.jpg

And you can also check NBA 2K15 the positions is all the same.

Yeah, noticed it when the pic of the new Kings jersey was posted online over the summer. Referenced the Adidas retail guide at that time and noticed that they had standardized it.

BTW, the Wizards' store is *still* selling Wall, Beal, and Nene jerseys with the now-obsolete horizontal back stripe. Jerseys for the newer team members (Pierce, Porter) don't have 'em, but they didn't bother to refresh the unis for players with longer tenure. That's sloppy. :/

8796132048926.jpg

Are you talking about online? Is it possible the team store just hasn't updated their product graphics? Or is this in person?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Anyone have the link to the Adidas Catalog for this year?

Good luck with that.. uniwatch has images on their website but i wouldn't be surprised to see if they are removed

It was taken down. I remember that guy on Twitter, theNBALatest was giving out links. He DMd it to me a while back, I just checked the link now and it's been taken down.

Thanks for your efforts guys... how about last years? I know I'm asking for a request on the wrong forum... just need some help (Creating some concepts)

BTW, the Wizards' store is *still* selling Wall, Beal, and Nene jerseys with the now-obsolete horizontal back stripe. Jerseys for the newer team members (Pierce, Porter) don't have 'em, but they didn't bother to refresh the unis for players with longer tenure. That's sloppy. :/

8796132048926.jpg

Are you talking about online? Is it possible the team store just hasn't updated their product graphics? Or is this in person?

I haven't been to the Verizon Center this year, but I went to a Bulls-Wizards playoff game this past spring, and they were still selling jerseys with the back stripe in the official team store.

This is a franchise that assigned Ben Wallace #30, so as not to waste stock created for the recently-traded Rasheed Wallace (who had worn #30 the previous season):

"Me and Rasheed just the other day talked about what kind of team we could have had there," Ben Wallace said. "I'll tell you a story. . . . Rasheed and I weren't actually there together. Rasheed got traded, and I came in later. When I got there they didn't ask me what jersey number I wanted to wear. . . . I'd worn No. 32 [in college]. But real quick, they gave me a jersey No. 30 that had 'Wallace' on the back. It kind of smelled like moth balls. . . . Then it hit me after some guys told me my jersey was on sale in some of the [sports] stores. All they had to do was give me Rasheed's jersey."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52889-2004May24.html

So, there's that.

In a four year span, the franchise traded away Rasheed, Big Ben, and Chris Webber. I wish I knew. Lord I wish I knew.

Anyways, I'm still iffy on the red at the top of the jersey, but it looks much better on the players then I thought it was going to. I do want to hold full judgement until it's in a game. As for the back stripe, they still sell jerseys with them at Modells and Champs. It's a relatively minor detail to the casual fan, so I think they'll just keep the 2011-13 stock around at full price and sell it off.

Some of you may not notice but the NBA logo position (just below the waist) on the shorts is now the same for all team "I think?".

As you can see in 2014 Rookie Photoshoot some of the teams is not yet updated, looking from left to right, the team which NBA logo is not below waste is; Celtics, Heat, Pistons, Nets, Hawks, 76ers

sole-watch-nba-rookie-photo-shoot-2014-h

And by looking at the 2014 Media Day for each team it's now updated.

Celtics

mediaday_2014-09-29_at_18-33-25.jpg

Heat

hpg1415-andersen02-md-140926.jpg

Pistons

pistons-3272_1.jpg

Nets

nsb_2129_0.jpg

Hawks

pero-antic-dominique-wilkins-nba-atlanta

76ers

456393648_10.jpg

And you can also check NBA 2K15 the positions is all the same.

Yeah, noticed it when the pic of the new Kings jersey was posted online over the summer. Referenced the Adidas retail guide at that time and noticed that they had standardized it.

The position of the logo on the shorts doesn't bother me at all, but moving the logo to the back of the jerseys is extremely irritating. I feel like this was a "just because" move. In fact, the NHL moved their logo from the back, to the front. The only league that had logos on the back was Major League Baseball.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

In theory, shouldn't the blue font be easier to read? I actually don't mind the NBA logo on the back as much as I thought I would, but I do miss certain team's secondary logos that were once in that spot (Knicks, Nets, Raptors, Wizards, etc.). It's almost as if those logos were completely erased from the team identities.

Don't know if this has been posted, and it's very slight, but the Heat have made the arena logo all black (used to be red and blue), and I think brightened their court.

New:

B0gwJQoIcAE99Na.jpg

Old:

AMERICAN-AIR-ARENA-MIAMI.jpg

The thing that still irritates me here is the whole Heat logo not being centered in correctly. Sure, the ball part of the logo is centered, but the flame tails come too close of the northeast sideline, and poses issues when the NBA Playoffs and Finals logos are donned on the floor there.

In theory, shouldn't the blue font be easier to read? I actually don't mind the NBA logo on the back as much as I thought I would, but I do miss certain team's secondary logos that were once in that spot (Knicks, Nets, Raptors, Wizards, etc.). It's almost as if those logos were completely erased from the team identities.

They could always move them to the Shorts. The NBA app usually uses those logos too. They're not gone completely but they definitely lost some importance.

They could always move them to the Shorts. The NBA app usually uses those logos too. They're not gone completely but they definitely lost some importance.

I guess more than anything I'm just bummed that this logo will probably never see the hardwood ever again. It's become one of my favorites.pTBLYe5.gif

I guess more than anything I'm just bummed that this logo will probably never see the hardwood ever again. It's become one of my favorites.pTBLYe5.gif
Agree. I'm a big fan of logos that use Basketballs like that.

Archived